inTank Media Baskets

Ecoxotic LED Club

VtheMaestro

Ecoxotic panorama 8000k/453 and 453 stuner in a diy old pc fixture. I was disappointed in the color of the panorama alone , but with the stuner the color is much better. utf-8BMTAtMzAtMjAxMCBsaWdodC5qcGc.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Straydog, thanks for the reply! I'm guessing two panoramas would be good for my tank. I'll keep the PCs until it's time to. change though.

The store where I got mine had 4 on a twenty gallon so I'm guessing 1 per 5 gallons? They are still new to me . The 8000k/453 is not a good color by it self in my opinion. I think you would have to add a stuner or panorama 453 also to be happy with the color .

The store where I got mine had 4 on a twenty gallon so I'm guessing 1 per 5 gallons? They are still new to me . The 8000k/453 is not a good color by it self in my opinion. I think you would have to add a stuner or panorama 453 also to be happy with the color .

That's what I had in mind, doing two panoramas but one of each. Now I just need to finish my cabinet for my tank..... nothing is set up yet, just planning for the future.

Thanks

Nathan

so I upgraded my tank to a 25g cube and added 2 more panorama modules. Here's a pic...

web.jpg

My question now is... cna I run these off a dimmer connected to an RKL?? And, the transformer they are using is only running them at 350mA but the tag on the cord says don't go higher then 700mA....so does this mean I can? And if so, how do I do that??

I just mounted a 453nm stunner strip to the underneath of my 70W sunpod.

It was a tight fit, but I think I could mount two no problem.

Drilled 2 small holes in the sunpod, then mounted the strip using the included hardware and a nut/bolt.

You have to make sure the sunpod glass wingnuts are perfectly parallel with the sunpud (to give more room)

The stunner just barely sits on the long edge of the uv glass. Nuts go inside of the sunpod itselt and the bold sticks through to the outside.

_DSC0001.JPG

_DSC0002.JPG

_DSC0003.JPG

_DSC0004.jpg

With the stunner on just by itself, the florescence is amazing!

Probably too much for a moon light. Considering buying the uv strip as well and use that as a 24/7 light. then use the 453nm to simulate dusk/dawn.

You can notice a difference with both the sunpod and strip on, but its nothing huge. not going to completely change your color. But I am very happy thus far.

thinking of doing a panorama and a stunner over a 5.5 gal. very interesting thread. keep the comments coming

Every thing in mine has adjusted well to the stunner/panorama and I'm seeing new growth from the zoes

well an update....I spoke with a rep at Ecoxotic and he told me I can add optics to the panoramas. In addition to that I can rewire them to a dimmable driver....my thinking here is I can then run them under the control of the light module on the RKL.

Any thoughts/comments on this?

I just mounted a 453nm stunner strip to the underneath of my 70W sunpod.

It was a tight fit, but I think I could mount two no problem.

Drilled 2 small holes in the sunpod, then mounted the strip using the included hardware and a nut/bolt.

You have to make sure the sunpod glass wingnuts are perfectly parallel with the sunpud (to give more room)

The stunner just barely sits on the long edge of the uv glass.

With the stunner on just by itself, the florescence is amazing!

Probably too much for a moon light. Considering buying the uv strip as well and use that as a 24/7 light. then use the 453nm to simulate dusk/dawn.

You can notice a difference with both the sunpod and strip on, but its nothing huge. not going to completely change your color. But I am very happy thus far.

Pictures to come soon.

Looking forward to pics! I want to do the same thing on my 150w sunpod.

well an update....I spoke with a rep at Ecoxotic and he told me I can add optics to the panoramas. In addition to that I can rewire them to a dimmable driver....my thinking here is I can then run them under the control of the light module on the RKL.

Any thoughts/comments on this?

Just ordered the panorama and blue stunner for my fluval edge I will definitely post pictures when I finish installing it.. Mache62 what does an optic exactly do? Thx

Just ordered the panorama and blue stunner for my fluval edge I will definitely post pictures when I finish installing it.. Mache62 what does an optic exactly do? Thx

The optics will focus the light into a smaller area, allowing the light to achieve more intense light at better depth.

do we have conclusive proof that these panoramas will support SPS?

Which optics mate to the pamoramas?

I went with a 10 gal instad of the 5.5. I want to do SPS but dont have the room for a metal halide.

over a 10 gal, im guessing one blue panorama and one mix panorama should suffice?

• 3 weeks later...
dvsclownfish1

I think the optics are for the cree xr-e, just check on google for them they usually run between 1.50 -2.50 depending on quantity. And yes in small tanks they can grow sps just fine I had stunners over my 5 gallon ( 2 x W/B, 2 x B , 1 UV ) and everything was great , just upgraded to a 15 long with 2 panorama's with 4 x B stunners and 1 UV looks awesome.

I think the optics are for the cree xr-e, just check on google for them they usually run between 1.50 -2.50 depending on quantity. And yes in small tanks they can grow sps just fine I had stunners over my 5 gallon ( 2 x W/B, 2 x B , 1 UV ) and everything was great , just upgraded to a 15 long with 2 panorama's with 4 x B stunners and 1 UV looks awesome.

Everyone wants pics man!!!

I added 3 strips of the blue ecoxotics onto my stock RSM 130 hood. Growth and color of sps has increased in a weeks time. Only other change I have noticed, my frogspawn is not quite as expanded as it used to be.

• 3 weeks later...

So for a 12g AIO tank would it be too blue if I had one W/B pano and one blue pano... should I just get two W/B panos?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

• 2 months later...

shhhhh, it's a secret:

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Already had 2 panorama's and my MH ballast went out so I bought a few more and went to cuttin'.

@Nathan, if its not too late, contact Ecoxotic, they'll talk to you about color.

Thanks MrIcky! Tank is looking good! I like the simplicity of the modules but I might do a rapid led kit... 12x3W leds.... oh so many choices :o

Thanks for posting!

Nathan

• 7 months later...

FWIW, Here's my Ecoxotic fixture. It uses a Panoramic Pro 50/50 and 2 actinic Stunners. First the exploded view:

PanoramaProFixture03aExploded.265.jpg

Next, the design:

PanoramaProFixture03.230.jpg

PanoramaProFixture03.234.jpg

Finally the prototype:

FixturePainted01.png

It works great on my 3.5 gallon Pico. The color is superb and the corals seem to like it as well. There's only a need for one power supply, unless you want to simulate dawn/dusk.

hey chip, how many strips of each style can be used in that fixture? like say i wanted to use only panorama pros? or say just stunners? or both? what is the exact width to work with?

Archived