Pod Your Reef

Ecoxotic LED Club

VtheMaestro

VtheMaestro

I wanted to start this thread for all the Panorama fixture and stunner strip owners. Everybody isn't into DIY LED projects and some of us just want to buy something that works, so I went with Ecoxotic.

Post your pics, stories, experiences, and questions regarding your Ecoxotic lights.

I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ECOXOTIC

I'll start it off...

I'm currently running a 23.5" Panorama fixture over a 36" 57g Illuminata. My Panorama has 2x 403nm UV stunner strips and 5x 453nm Blue stunner strips controlled by a RKE for 3 levels of independent control.

Light Schedule

403nm UV 24/7

453nm Blue 4pm - 10pm, 12am - 2am

Panorama 5pm - 12am

pics before my recent re-scape

4561209469_a9a84a1a90.jpg

4561839058_4fea73579d.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted to start this thread for all the Panorama fixture and stunner strip owners. Everybody isn't into DIY LED projects and some of us just want to buy something that works, so I went with Ecoxotic.

Post your pics, stories, experiences, and questions regarding your Ecoxotic lights.

I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ECOXOTIC

I'll start it off...

I'm currently running a 23.5" Panorama fixture over a 36" 57g Illuminata. My Panorama has 2x 403nm UV stunner strips and 5x 453nm Blue stunner strips controlled by a RKE for 3 levels of independent control.

Light Schedule

403nm UV 24/7

453nm Blue 4pm - 10pm, 12am - 2am

Panorama 5pm - 12am

pics before my recent re-scape

4561209469_a9a84a1a90.jpg

4561839058_4fea73579d.jpg

damn those cost you a pretty penny

Seems pretty nice I like how they include UV

Edit

Sweet tank btw haha

JayEeeTeeEss

I was one of the non DIYer LED people. I just wanted something that was "turn key" that I was confident would work properly instead of something I tried to make. I went for the 5.6 Nanotuners retro kit. There was some installation required, but I didn't have to do nearly as much as if I bought everything separately and assembled it myself.

I run a 403nm strip as a moon light for my BC29. It turns on about midway in the 1 hour ramping down period of my blue LEDs and it stays on for 2 hours after the Blue's are totally out so if I'm staying up late I can still see some activity in my tank. It's a different/cool color and it isn't too bright so I'd recommend it. I'd post pics, but you can't even tell it has the purple hue to it, it just looks really dark blue. I'm still trying to figure out good settings for my camera.

I was one of the non DIYer LED people. I just wanted something that was "turn key" that I was confident would work properly instead of something I tried to make. I went for the 5.6 Nanotuners retro kit. There was some installation required, but I didn't have to do nearly as much as if I bought everything separately and assembled it myself.

I run a 403nm strip as a moon light for my BC29. It turns on about midway in the 1 hour ramping down period of my blue LEDs and it stays on for 2 hours after the Blue's are totally out so if I'm staying up late I can still see some activity in my tank. It's a different/cool color and it isn't too bright so I'd recommend it. I'd post pics, but you can't even tell it has the purple hue to it, it just looks really dark blue. I'm still trying to figure out good settings for my camera.

So im guessing the Nanotuners retro kits are dimmable? My thing is I have a 5.5g with a custom hood and am looking for a retrofit type kit that will be dimmable and possibly be able to be attached to a andruino type controller. I dont know if the nanotuners kits will fit anything but the AOI's they specifically make them for.

VtheMaestro

The purple 403 strip is not too bright, so its great for a moonlight. I hear that the uv spectrum that it emits is great for zooxanthellae growth. A recent article called it "extra special because there currently are no widely available high output LEDs in this color range so this medium output UV LED light is the closest approximation to true 420nm actinic light from an LED." I keep mine on 24/7 without fear of algae growth, and they allow my green and blue corals to shine in the dark.

DivineStyler

Took a couple quick shots. Still can't get a decent picture with only the 453 Blue on! I'll get some macro shots on the tripod over the weekend.

My build thread is on the "other forum" if anyone is interested...

23.5 Panorama Fixture over a custom 24 x 24 x 12 cube. 2x 453nm Stunner Strips and 1 453nm 12W Module.

453nm Blue 1pm - 11pm

Panorama 2pm - 9pm

4597390770_8d762dd4c4.jpg

4596775931_10ba558da5.jpg

I'm glad you started this. I was looking at this fixture and couldn't find any reviews for it. I'm hoping other owners join in and give some reviews. Then I can make an informed decision. I'm not a DIY'er either! :)

I'm glad you started this. I was looking at this fixture and couldn't find any reviews for it. I'm hoping other owners join in and give some reviews. Then I can make an informed decision. I'm not a DIY'er either! :)

LOL DIY failures unite!!!!!!! Where did you guys pick these units up?

DivineStyler

I took a close up of my only acro a few minutes back to compare about a month under the lights. so far so good I think. Going to grab a couple ORA frags in the next few weeks.

4/15/2010

4536306285_a407df4acf.jpg

5/10/2010

4597749046_7b1331b547.jpg

I took a close up of my only acro a few minutes back to compare about a month under the lights. so far so good I think. Going to grab a couple ORA frags in the next few weeks.

4/15/2010

4536306285_a407df4acf.jpg

5/10/2010

4597749046_7b1331b547.jpg

Damn looking sexy

I was very leery about LEDs but the more I read and see the more I want them. I need to replace my lighting and im pretty sure its gonna be with LED.

jfarabaugh
Took a couple quick shots. Still can't get a decent picture with only the 453 Blue on! I'll get some macro shots on the tripod over the weekend.

My build thread is on the "other forum" if anyone is interested...

23.5 Panorama Fixture over a custom 24 x 24 x 12 cube. 2x 453nm Stunner Strips and 1 453nm 12W Module.

453nm Blue 1pm - 11pm

Panorama 2pm - 9pm

4597390770_8d762dd4c4.jpg

Love the setup!

I just bought the mixed white and blues (12W) for my 10 gallon and everything seems happier (my one zoa). For under a hundred bucks, it looks just as good as the other low cost T5 systems and I don't have to worry about replacing them for a good long while. I'm happy so far! I'll post a picture when there is something worth looking at.

Just ordered a 453 Panorama to supplement a 70w MH on a JBJ12. With luck from the UPS gods, I'll be posting up some pics in a few days.

VtheMaestro

yeah, i started it for guys like myself who like to do research before they jump into a purchase. I couldn't find ANY info on this light before i picked it up; I hope this thread helps someone make an informed decision.

LOL DIY failures unite!!!!!!! Where did you guys pick these units up?

DIY is fun, but building lights is outside my area of expertise. lol. I picked up my lights at a LFS; they're carried by a number of online retailers as well

Damn looking sexy

I was very leery about LEDs but the more I read and see the more I want them. I need to replace my lighting and im pretty sure its gonna be with LED.

take the plunge!

I just bought the mixed white and blues (12W) for my 10 gallon and everything seems happier (my one zoa). For under a hundred bucks, it looks just as good as the other low cost T5 systems and I don't have to worry about replacing them for a good long while. I'm happy so far! I'll post a picture when there is something worth looking at.

sounds good

Just ordered a 453 Panorama to supplement a 70w MH on a JBJ12. With luck from the UPS gods, I'll be posting up some pics in a few days.

you'll be surprised by the difference. It puts off lots of blue

your tank looks amazing bro!

This pic is in my post but I thought it goes great here since I said I would. I had a crappy freshwater light on the tank while it cycled and just got this little light. I can't agree more with the blues comment though! There are little bits of blue on some of my snails and the swirls are vibrant in real life up close. I can't wait to get some corals in here!!

post-48361-1273801910_thumb.jpg

DivineStyler

Picked up a nice ORA Hawkins Blue Echinata over the weekend. I'll take some pics in a couple weeks when it settles in.

got mine set up in march i think or maybe it was april. anyhow i dont have any pics but i do have a video that's a few weeks old. vid doesnt look that good cause it was taken with my phone.

Tempereefer

Oooh Oooh glad I found this thread!

Here is my 29 lit by Ecoxotic Panorama modules and T5s in a little retro I made myself....

050.jpg

030.jpg

027.jpg

032.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

Some pics are obviously better than other, my apologies, and shout out to Tiff for the better ones!

Loving the results so far... its been about 2 or maybe 3 months... I am terrible with time.

Edit: I am using 2x 12w Panorama 50/50 modules and 1 12w full actinic paired with 2 x 24w T5HO both Geissman 1 actinic + and one pure actinic (blue and purple to the eyes:))

Reefmonster

Can someone let me know if 2 x Panorama Modules would be adequate for my Biocube 14G? I want to mod the hood and make sure that they are adequate for some SPS...They look awesom in the pics, BTW...Perfect balance to my eyes.

Any help anyone can give is really appreciated!

Matt

I just put one Panorama Module inside my Nano-Cube 12G hood, I am not satisfied:( here are the pictures.

Only Panorama

post-53026-1274504092_thumb.jpg

Panorama and 2x24W PC

post-53026-1274504078_thumb.jpg

post-53026-1274504044_thumb.jpg

Archived