Pod Your Reef

May 2010 - Uhuru

Christopher Marks

What is that supposed to be? o.O

EDIT: Oh it's a VIDEO! Now it makes sense. :P

EDIT2: I just realized I hadn't congratulated you yet Uhuru. :D Nice tank and all that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Maeda... look forward to seeing your new build come to fruition!

oops yeah forgot to say click on the pic for the video... sorry for the poor quality btw I'm using a really cheap point and shoot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, congratulation for your tank. It's fantastic!

I have some question, if maybe:

What is the nitrate level of your tank? So much food go into the tank every day, how keep the nitrate level low?

I saw on list of your live stock a red/white spider sponge.He lives now? This coral/sponge keeping is very difficult. I have a frag some weeks ago, but I don't know, how does feel him in my tank. I feed the sponge part with Reef Pearls, and the polyps feed with cyclops. But I don't know this food enough for him? And my nitrate level is go up :(

thanks

Gabor from Hungary

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gabor,

Sorry for the late reply. The sponge died. Several months ago I moved my tank and it didn't survive. The sponge is not all that difficult in itself, but the polyps will suffocate the sponge if you feed them directly, so I don't recommend it. I think in nature the sponge is able to grow much faster than in our tanks, so its not a problem. In our tanks, the sponge can't grow fast enough to keep up with the polyps.

My tank was recently upgraded and featured on Advanced Aquarist here:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2011/1/aquarium

Hi Gabor,

Sorry for the late reply. The sponge died. Several months ago I moved my tank and it didn't survive. The sponge is not all that difficult in itself, but the polyps will suffocate the sponge if you feed them directly, so I don't recommend it. I think in nature the sponge is able to grow much faster than in our tanks, so its not a problem. In our tanks, the sponge can't grow fast enough to keep up with the polyps.

My tank was recently upgraded and featured on Advanced Aquarist here:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2011/1/aquarium

Hi, thank you, for your answer, is a interesting thing. I feed the polyps until now, but not directly, only from the water. i hope, he will survive in my tank. we will see....

Gabor

Archived