Top Shelf Aquatics

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

Hey peeps!

Sorry for disappearing.

I had the same problems crop up w/this little tank and it bit the dust as well, which is why I haven't been around. For those who lost track, I'm pretty sure the problem is environmental (in my house) and I'm also pretty sure it's from some kind of weird plumbing problem, but I just honestly don't have the money to do anything about it. I'm working on income generating ideas, but it likely will be more of a long-term thing rather than immediate, so I've resigned myself to not having any aquariums in the near future.

Gena, I'm very sorry for killing your beautiful donations. :( Believe me, I didn't want to. I'll try again someday.

Anyway, I can't have a tank, but anyone who stops by should feel free to update on your aquatic adventures, if you like. :)

I've often wondered what you've been up to. It's been so long. Sorry to hear about the tank. But, when you are ready to start a new one, let me know, and I'll send some stuff your way. :)
  • Like 2
I've often wondered what you've been up to. It's been so long. Sorry to hear about the tank. But, when you are ready to start a new one, let me know, and I'll send some stuff your way. :)

Me too. I've got tons of spare equpment as well. Let me know when you're on your feet again and I'll do what I can to help you get going :). Youve always been a huge asset to the forum, I'll gladly donate some equipment and frags!

• Like 1

Thats a good way to look at it! When you do get a tank up and going again, let me know, I'll send some frags your way!

How are the kiddos, crazy as ever? :)

They are good, thanks for asking! And yep, still full of a great big measure of healthy boy crazy silliness, just the way it should be. Both are doing very well in school, and we were all able to take an awesome family vacation at Kings Island recently, which was really good for all of us.

Also, thanks for the offer.

Just been up to life, it's been VERY full.

Sorry for staying away so long, but it is sometimes difficult to be here when I can't have a tank, cause I've always loved Reefing so much. I'm ok w/it at the moment though. Maybe I can find a practical way to be involved in Reefing, something along the lines of what StevieT has done. If I can create a Refugium out of a plastic cereal container, surely I can come up w/some kind of practical, useful Reef invention that I can turn into a business, right?

Weetz

You still have my favorite Avatar. Will be prayin for U

Brian

Thx, I'm still pretty fond of the Av myself. :)

Me too. I've got tons of spare equpment as well. Let me know when you're on your feet again and I'll do what I can to help you get going :). Youve always been a huge asset to the forum, I'll gladly donate some equipment and frags!

I really appreciate the generous offers from everyone. :flower:

It's been a little while since I think I've been of much use here on the Forum, although I do hope that some of my old guides are still helpful.

• Like 1

Just been up to life, it's been VERY full.

Sorry for staying away so long, but it is sometimes difficult to be here when I can't have a tank, cause I've always loved Reefing so much. I'm ok w/it at the moment though. Maybe I can find a practical way to be involved in Reefing, something along the lines of what StevieT has done. If I can create a Refugium out of a plastic cereal container, surely I can come up w/some kind of practical, useful Reef invention that I can turn into a business, right?

Definitely! Start brainstorming. I think this hobby needs a bubble algae extractor. Something along the lines of one of those siphon tubes with a scrubber of sorts to knock the algae and suck it and the spores out of the tank right away. Bubble algae is on my mind a lot lately. :lol:
  • Like 1

Definitely! Start brainstorming. I think this hobby needs a bubble algae extractor. Something along the lines of one of those siphon tubes with a scrubber of sorts to knock the algae and suck it and the spores out of the tank right away. Bubble algae is on my mind a lot lately. :lol:

Keep up[ the fight!! I've taken out about 80% of the bubble algae in my 40 and it doesn't seem to be nearly as aggressive as it had been in the past. I think I'm winning haha.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Hi, it's me, sticking my head in for a very brief update!

Still no tanks, but I start a college course in Phlebotomy today. I will be able to take an exam on 3/22 to get certified in Phlebotomy, and I am hopeful that a decent Medical type job will follow.

I'm excited!

• Like 3

Hi, it's me, sticking my head in for a very brief update!

Still no tanks, but I start a college course in Phlebotomy today. I will be able to take an exam on 3/22 to get certified in Phlebotomy, and I am hopeful that a decent Medical type job will follow.

I'm excited!

Awesome! My friend just did the same thing about 2 years ago. She LOVES it. She's working for UCLA medical and gets all the same holidays as her kids with summers off. Great benefits, etc.

Good luck and thanks for the update!!!! :)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Weetabix7

Things are looking up!!!

Got my certification in Phlebotomy, and just finished my first week of work at a job that I absolutely love so far. I am working at the hospital where I had my first child. I'm in a dept. that does EKG's and draws blood for lab work for patients who are scheduled for surgery. We have patients sent to us from Dr's offices & other locations all over our area as well. I love what I'm doing, coworkers are great, and the hours aren't bad either. :happydance:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

HEY WEETS!!!!!!

Congrats on the Phlebotomy stuff!

Thanks! Still loving it! I see a really wide range of people every day, which keeps things interesting, and am quickly learning how to talk to complete strangers to distract them from their fear of needles, lol.

• Like 3

Thanks! Still loving it! I see a really wide range of people every day, which keeps things interesting, and am quickly learning how to talk to complete strangers to distract them from their fear of needles, lol.

You are awesome for caring about fear of needles in your patients. :)

You are awesome for caring about fear of needles in your patients. :)

Well of course I care! It directly affects both them and what I am doing.

My husband got me a set of these really cool stress balls for my birthday: http://www.amazon.com/Human-Anti-stress-Japanese-Design-Caomaru-gray/dp/B008YE6BMU

I had a really nervous young patient yesterday who was able to get through the process by squeezing one of those balls and talking to me about travel.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi everybody!! Guess what!! This tank is gonna be published in a book by Alf Nilsen, hopefully before Christmas this year!!! I believe he said the book will only be published in Europe and will be written in German, but still, I'm pretty excited!!

Also, I no longer work as a Phlebotomist at a hospital. Instead, I now have my own Arbonne business, which is lots more fun!!

And I moved to Greenville, SC. Anybody here from Greenville?

Life is exciting, wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Any updates on the tank, FTS or pics?

I haven't had this tank running for a couple of years, life just got interesting and it became undoable, basically.

It's the tank I most miss though, I really loved what I got to do with this one.

I haven't had this tank running for a couple of years, life just got interesting and it became undoable, basically.

It's the tank I most miss though, I really loved what I got to do with this one.

aww such a disappointment. Any plans on doing another tank soon?

aww such a disappointment. Any plans on doing another tank soon?

Not sure. Thinking about it, but need to make sure it's feasible. In the meantime, I'm enjoying everyone else's. :)

• Like 3

Hi everybody!! Guess what!! This tank is gonna be published in a book by Alf Nilsen, hopefully before Christmas this year!!! I believe he said the book will only be published in Europe and will be written in German, but still, I'm pretty excited!!

Also, I no longer work as a Phlebotomist at a hospital. Instead, I now have my own Arbonne business, which is lots more fun!!

And I moved to Greenville, SC. Anybody here from Greenville?

Life is exciting, wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats :happydance:. Have you received a copy?

Congrats :happydance:. Have you received a copy?

Not yet, I'm supposed to receive one from the publisher when it's released. Believe me, I'll be commenting on it when I do!!!

• Like 2