Coral Vue Hydros

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

Just a little eye candy. Big maxi update coming soon....

PA100009.jpg

PA100033.jpg

PA100026.jpg

PA100019.jpg

PA100015.jpg

PA100029.jpg

PA100010.jpg

PA100014.jpg

I don't always follow up with the threads, so if you have a question please pm me.

out of curiosity HOW close to actual what you see in real life are your pictures?

I know that there will obviously be a little difference between real life and pics due to the type of lighting most reef tanks use but I am hoping that your stuff is pretty darn close " they look like they would be as they dont look over saturated"

I ask because NOBODY local as far as LFS's has any maxi mani's and you guys are close enough to me that you said we could arrange local pickup if I bought anything so that I wouldnt have to deal with shipping from Miami to Ft Lauderdale

Well I take my pics under 250w 20K Radiums which I think give very "true" color to coral photography. I like to use these bulbs because I want my photos to look as close to the real thing as possible so my customers aren't surprised by a coral looking different in person. Obviously if you are running PCs, LEDs, 10k lights, all blue lights, etc, etc the corals are probably going to look a little different.

For the most part with the maxi pics; since they close up a bit when I move them the colors in the photos may appear a little brighter than when you receive them. If you end up keeping a maxi in not so much light it will open up and spread out more, so the color will be not so intense with it spreading out. If it is in an area where it is receiving fairly bright light then the anemone will usually be a bit more closed up and the color will appear brighter. Maxis change color back and forth very quickly. Many times my new shipment of maxis will color up a lot over the course of a month under my metal halides because they are usually kept under relatively low light at the wholesalers.

Oh my, just stumbled onto this thread! How cool!!!

Miss Morgan is a sly one. She gave me a "freebie" maxi-mini or a mini-maxi, I don't know which. She knows that I have almost no room in my current tank, but am planning on another. What a witch! Now I think I'm gonna have to have a little maxi garden in there. :angry:

Here's mine-

IMG_0884-1.jpg

This one has been the start of a growing obsession with anemones-I now also have a rock flower(the white in the background of this shot) and am planning a nem + LPS 12" cube :P

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have or know someone that has some for sale or trade??????

I have 10 right now but some of those are clones and I would really like to get some new color variations. Nine of mine are varying combinations of green and burgundy and one is purple and green mixed. I really want to get some reds, blues, rainbows…really anything with some additional colors.

Thanks!!

One of my Maxi-Minis is currently eating either a snail or a hermit, all I can see is the tip of the shell poking out of its mouth.

:huh::unsure::wacko::blink:

I don't know if there's even enough to try and grab it with my tongs.

Edited by Rollermonkey

My mission!

My LFS, Top shelf aquatics has two maxi mini in their farm. I never got into mini maxi's but these two will break me into the mini maxi scene. They have their foot way wedged into a hole so when the owner tries to frag them they slip right back into the rock. So they have been there for months! Literally. Sitting in their coral farm not for sale......yet. Lol

So my mission is to break the will of the store owner into letting me frag the nems.

I'm determined to grab them. Check this out...... Do you blame me? :happy:

It was under atinics at the time. But gives you an idea. Pics better than words.

5035b676313909fabb0ab254fb036b74.jpg

I really couldn't get a good pic cause of the gsp in the way but you get the idea.

b9f8ee0281333b38f6419d714e35f6b4.jpg