dstruong

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, tank looks great man.

Easily one of the best edges I've seen.

a lot of inspiration for mine.

Noob question but just wondering:

do you add any supplements or anything for the corals like calcium supps, limewater, anything like that?

In other words, what's your maintenance like besides the usual water changes and such?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, tank looks great man.

Easily one of the best edges I've seen.

a lot of inspiration for mine.

Noob question but just wondering:

do you add any supplements or anything for the corals like calcium supps, limewater, anything like that?

In other words, what's your maintenance like besides the usual water changes and such?

All natural, just wanter changes. =)

i beleive the max is 25 or 30 watts. or 12-15 each bulb.

never tried them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks great.

I was trying to stay all LED, added

the two MR 11 you had at 45 degree spread and 160 lumens and added two 3X 452nm blues.

All my parameters are perfect. Poly Filter works great. But my StarPolyps are not opening.

Not enough light.

Great tank, might just get a better one for the price of all the upgrades.

Hey, i just watched your video! Nice job!

I noticed that you appear to be having the same problem with your coralife 50/50's that I am. Namely that the actinic seems to disappear and the color temperature gets warmer really quickly. Have you noticed that?

I'm in the process of switching to led's to solve this problem.

I noticed that you appear to be having the same problem with your coralife 50/50's that I am. Namely that the actinic seems to disappear and the color temperature gets warmer really quickly. Have you noticed that?

Ive noticed the same thing with my gx23 style 50/50's.

yea i notice it too after posting the video.! to fix this i aimed the blue side of the light to face downwards, and i now have a very nice purple color now. I'll shoot another video pretty soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Its been 2 years since my Fluval Edge Reef journey began.

Here is a quick update:

added 2x Vortech MP10's

Broke down the rock work and re-aquascaped.

Replaced lighting with Nano-Tuners Edge lights. 2x 50/50 1x Royal Blue..

will post more pictures soon.

post-52448-1328898117_thumb.jpg

post-52448-1328898122_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome! That's a lot of light.

What's that in the top left corner of your tank, on the 1st pic?

I have the lights at the lowest settings. that thing in the top left is a snail.

Looks sweeeeeeet! Congrats man. I gotta say you were part of my inspiration to get this tank.

Question: What kind of sand do you have? (I have fine sand, which goes everywhere...gotta change :( )

How long have you had the clown? Want to get one, but fear it'll out grow the tank too quick.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, keep up the good work!! :)

Looks sweeeeeeet! Congrats man. I gotta say you were part of my inspiration to get this tank.

Question: What kind of sand do you have? (I have fine sand, which goes everywhere...gotta change :( )

How long have you had the clown? Want to get one, but fear it'll out grow the tank too quick.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, keep up the good work!! :)

Thanks for those kind words.

To answer your questions:

Sand: is very fine white sand. It settles over time and becomes pretty heavy.

As for the clown, i have had him for almost 2years. From what i understand, as long as you do not get more than 1, the clown will grow very slowly, and i personally do not think he has grown at all in the past 2 years.

• 4 weeks later...

hI dstruong

I absolutely love your marine set up, stumbling across your youyube video has insprired me to get a fluval edge and set it up for marine. ive had it 5 weeks now modded with 2 MR16 lightts with wide angle bean and blue LED strips, i have a shrimp and 2 clown fish.

Just a couple of questions that i need answering if that isnt to much trouble

1. How often and in what order do you change your flters, sponges and floss

2. How many hours a day do you have your white lights on and how many hours a day do you have your blue led's on for

3. What do you feed your fish and crew and how many times a day do you feed them, also do you notice that when you turn the filter and powerhead back on you get alot of floating food swishing around the tank for some time, is this normal

I want to add the sort of reef you have but im not as DIY as you and wont be able to mod my hood like yours and im thinking my 2 MR16 wont be sufficient enough, is that true ?

Thanks for your time

Beautiful. How well are the MP10s working out? The Fluval Edge is a 6g, right? I'm thinking about an MP10 for my tank but I'm a little worried that it might too strong despite being adjustable. Keep it up, post more pics!

• 3 months later...

where did you get the nano tuner lights? help would be much appreciated, i really want to upgrade the lighting system in my edge and your thread is inspirational. What are you currently running? I'm really curious about those nano tuner lights?

Archived