after a mishap with my tank. filter floss clogging up in 3 days thus dumping half my water outta the tank for an undetermined amount of time. and me thinking i had a tank leak. i've had to redo my tank set up. well not so much redo more, more like rearrange. i've had to add 3.5 lbs of new established LR, i got rid of the sand bed, which dropped my 'trates to. they used to stay around 5-10 no matter what i did, less feeding less often more frequent water changes at a higher volume.
i'm pretty fond of the new look i know it was a extreme change but i had to replace 100% of the water due to an amonia spike that i'm assuming came from the exposed rock haveing some die off. its been a battle of big daily water changes, dosing biozyme, to help with benifical bacteria re-establishment, and this friday being the 1 week mark since the incident, i've only lost a scarlet hermit.( which now that i think of it was more likely killed by my dwarf blue leg, that i'm taking back to the lfs for credit) i'm pretty sure i'll get flamed for my actions but i didn't know what else to do. however doing a 100% waterchange which i don't recomend anyone ever do, all my water params are 0's across the board. cal is up to 500, and ph is stable. all in all i consider the out come a win even though i probably didn't do everything right.