5 replies to this topic

bananahands

bananahands

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • Joined 15 Oct 2006
  • San Diego

This may have been covered somewhere else but I couldn't find anything. I'm just about to order my RKL and have read several places that there are certain "poorly powered" devices that channels 2 and 3 may power on but will sometimes stay on.
So I thought it may be useful to start a list of devices that people have had this issues with.

So far I've heard that aqualifters sometimes stay on.

What else???

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
There is no definitive list. The fact is some items work for one customer and not another. That is the primary reason for having channels 1 and 4 as relays.
The next generation in advanced aquarium controller!
www.digitalaquatics.com

bananahands

bananahands

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • Joined 15 Oct 2006
  • San Diego

There is no definitive list. The fact is some items work for one customer and not another. That is the primary reason for having channels 1 and 4 as relays.

Ok, so basically its better to plug these items in either 1 or 4? ok, sounds good. I'll just have to do the math and figure out whether or not 2 and 3 can handle the other stuff.

And just to be clear, you're not willing to package the SL2?

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
"And just to be clear, you're not willing to package the SL2?"

We answered this a number of times over the last 6 months. The SL2 is substantially more expensive to produce than the SL1. As such there were two ways we could have sold the unit.

1) Charge a more appropriate retail price and then offer a discount when packaged. This would penalized our great customer base and only new customers would get a discount. We're not OK with that!

2) Charge a discounted price for the SL2 alone and not package it (with even more of a discount) so that everyone gets the fair price.

We went with option 2 as we want to reward and support the customers that have been with our systems from the start. There is no way we can combo all the different systems together so we've released the "Basic" levels of both the RKL and RKE this give customers the option to mix and match and build the system they want. We also have the packages that we offer as the more common setups and offer them at a bit of a discount. So it's not a matter of "willing" it's a matter of give ALL customer the same great price.
www.digitalaquatics.com

xcode

xcode

RUN BO

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 19 Jan 2007
  • Anderson, South Carolina
I have read the manual and I can not solve my problem. Everytime I enter standby mode and come back some of my lights on my PC4 start flashing.

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA

I have read the manual and I can not solve my problem. Everytime I enter standby mode and come back some of my lights on my PC4 start flashing.

This is a different topic than the first question... The first part is to ask what firmware are you running all around (head unit, PC4, ect...) If there's a simple explanation we'll get that to you, if it requires more one on one, I'll direct you to support. Let me know and let's try to get you up and running!
www.digitalaquatics.com