Top Shelf Aquatics

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats if your awake. there more likely to attack while your asleep. there scary smart.

so on the planing side of things i still cant beleave that the vortech will be cheaper than the return feed closed loop i had planed. on my way to work this afternoon will be stoping @ homedepot for supplies.

glass cutter, oil, sand/glasspaper. think i have paint. silicone is being shiped, hoping to have things ready when it gets here but it'll never hapen. the weirs going to take some time to polish.

aaron1987s%20wrasse.jpg

Synchiropus_splendidus_2_Luc_Viatour.jpg

helfrick%20dartfish.JPG

bongo%20shrimps%20yasha.jpg

Nice stocking plans! Keep this thread updated! Also, a word about that McCosker's.. you might not want that particular one, he's been dead for half a year ;) I'm tickled pink that someone liked my pic of him enough to use it as an example for the species :)

Nice stocking plans! Keep this thread updated! Also, a word about that McCosker's.. you might not want that particular one, he's been dead for half a year ;) I'm tickled pink that someone liked my pic of him enough to use it as an example for the species :)

arron belive it or not thats probable the best pic of a mccosker on nr.

the updates will come its just going to be a slow biuld. i have learnd not to rush.

p.s. how do you think one would do in the 29.

:oomgomgomg Awesome!!!!!!

thats why am saying if theres a way to bonsai your 125 and keep the gobys happy ya gotta try.

and did you see this one, not sure if ive posted it yet or not. bonsai biuld

animalmaster6
thats why am saying if theres a way to bonsai your 125 and keep the gobys happy ya gotta try.

and did you see this one, not sure if ive posted it yet or not. bonsai biuld

I'm definetly not bonsaing my reef. Even if the gobies will be fine, I just don't like the look of a Bonsai tank.

So once again I'm sitting at work bored stupid, contemplating flow. Arguing the merits of a jubert style setup vs a bonsai style setup. Personally love the concepts behind the jubert system as long as you skip the plenum. Open sand, minimal rock, easily constructed gyre's with large induction zones. Sounds like ada goodness all around. But the look of a good bonsai tank with lots of shelves and weird overhangs is just so awesome. Anyway establishing a boundery layer with minamilturbulence to protect the microfauna on the sandbed has to be easier eithor way.

Some day I'll figure out how to just get the perfectly shaped rock to float a couple inches above the sandbed and be done with it.

Archived