knight 15

dhaut 5

lasonga 25

hlander 10

jacobnano 5

mattb 5

orange cap 2 teajay

orange cap 1 lasonga

never had a question for the 3rd orange cap. Guess we will have to hold it for next year.

Old-

With a name like Maloney I feel like I have to do something today. So this is going to be a trivia contest about the Emerald Isle. Should be easy enough, so please no Googling. Really. Somebody starts Googling in each trivia contest and I have to end it.

That aside, each correct answer gets you $5 closer to a CUC or whatever from our store. Or if you can't use more CUC, then every 2 questions and you can get a free coral or something. Still no shipping though. The corals I have are generally cheap, common and lack bright/rare colors.

Can't be used with any other promotions or for shipping though. Questions will be posted at random intervals.

First Question - St. Patrick is most popularly known among the Irish for what? (Hint: snakes isn't in the answer)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney

the judges say close enough. catholic missionary is where we were going, snakes have to do with the what they did with the old celtic priests etc... anyway that is good. I changed the prizes, so now it is a $5 credit, or 1/2 way to getting a coral. Anyway, check the edit, more questions to come soon...

2nd question-

This is the most popular "rock" in Ireland:

Im interested in this one cause I have no idea. I think shamrock should be a right answer for question 2 just cause i was creative haha

johnmaloney

shamrock does kind of make sense now that I re-read it. I just didnt want to use the word "stone", b/c that makes it way to easy....I dont know, we will solve that one with lenient judging on the first one I think.

lasongo is cleaning up. Not sure how I feel about a former British citizen cleaning up in this contest...haven't you taken enough already? :) j/k - seemed fitting considering the question, but I am just poking fun.

Back to the game!

Question4:

Most popular Irish punk band in the States

(Yes there is a right answer, and it might not have anything to do with record sales)

johnmaloney
flogging molly. I'm listening to them right now haha

oh good point...that isnt the right answer, but it is close enough that we will take that, but still looking...

so you are correct, and there is the other answer still out there.

U2 isnt punk, but they are popular

Yeah, I didn't think about it, haha.

Oh also, btw, I'm actually Brazilian...just happened to have family/friends in the UK...how's that for confusing?

johnmaloney
Yeah, I didn't think about it, haha.

Oh also, btw, I'm actually Brazilian...just happened to have family/friends in the UK...how's that for confusing?

Not that confusing, Brazilians seem to be pretty world traveled and know people from everywhere. I have a friend from there marrying a girl in Alaska, (In the Alleutians no less). To go from paradise to that place is confusing...

Speaking of confusing, check this question out:

This phrase was formerly used to insult successful Irish Americans, but now has a positive meaning.

Also maybe the dubliners idk

dont push it :lol:

Archived