Coral Vue Hydros

Put Your Clam(s) On A Pedestal!

basser1

LivingStrong08

What? Me interested in something StevieT does???? No.... lol.. Dangit.. Now I want one for my next clam!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
neanderthalman

If you're putting a flat top on it, consider putting a small hole in the top somewhere so that gases cannot become trapped underneath it.

If you're putting a flat top on it, consider putting a small hole in the top somewhere so that gases cannot become trapped underneath it.

good point

Just a suggestion basing it off of neanderthalman, drilling the small hole in the actually cylinder itself?

Another good idea. Actually holes are a pain and time consuming (if you can't tell I have none of this).

A slit in the top of the tube should do the trick. Much easier to cut a slit than drill a hole even with a drill press I hate holes well........... :naughtydance:

• 2 months later...

Did you ever end up making these? I looked around on the site but didn't see them. I really want one to lift a wellso off the ground that my twin spot goby keeps burrowing under,

Did you ever end up making these? I looked around on the site but didn't see them. I really want one to lift a wellso off the ground that my twin spot goby keeps burrowing under,

After some market research there is demand. So I purchased the tube, two different OD's. Well it took forever to come in since it is very special one of a kind super polarized Cadillac brand acrylic tube.

The plan is to have it up on the site this weekend, you will be able to choose the OD, then the height. By far the least expensive product we make on the site and light so first class mail can be employed. Unless you go crazy and buy our other crap B)

On a side note, any one interested in huge ass tubes of inTank super glue gel?

disaster999
Yep!! But try as I may, those little b@st@rds keep comin' back!

I'm getting the AiptasiaX as we speak! ;)

i had aiptasia on my clams before and they were pretty easy to take out. i took the clam out and had it inside a small container with water, put joe's juice on it and let it sit for a while. then i rinsed off the joe's juice and found a really pissed off aiptasia. because the clam's shell isnt porous , theres really no where for it to shrivel into so i just start scraping and it came clean off.

On a side note, any one interested in huge ass tubes of inTank super glue gel?

Reminds me of ... "Paging Mrs. Jass ... Mrs. Hugh Jass ... "

Sorry. Long story.

• 5 years later...

We finally had a chance to get them on the site. Will update it with more pictures but this gives you a chance to purchase.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Grow-Coral_c32.htm

I am about to get a clam soon. Since, the foot of the clam is not attached from shipping. How would you recommending going about putting a maxima clam on the pedal-stool? (Sand, Rubble and etc)

Thanks,

APLATN13

HarryPotter

How would you recommending going about putting a maxima clam on the pedal-stool? Since, the foot of the clam is not attached.

Thanks

APLATN13

I would think this is marketed more towards Squamosa and Deresa clams, which are fine on sand. Croceas and Maximas are rock boring I believe, so need to attach their foot.

A clam Hammock is a ceramic version of the above which may be better for Crocea/Maximas

I would think this is marketed more towards Squamosa and Deresa clams, which are fine on sand. Croceas and Maximas are rock boring I believe, so need to attach their foot.

A clam Hammock is a ceramic version of the above, made by TheAlternativeReef for like $1 each

Yes, I have a ceramic clam holder just incase if this doesnt work out. Reason why I am putting on the sand bed is due to my rock work and tank size. IM 30L is limited. The clam is 6"x3" :D I am not worried about lighting as I will crank up the Dual XR15 Pro up.

Such a great idea! Ordering a couple of these before I get home for sure. And even if you had a Maxima or Crocea clam you could put rock inside the tube for them to attach too. might have to shape the piece of rock but that is why they make Dremel's!!!

Or these. Love them- work so well. This way you can have your clam firmly attach to the clam hammock, and move it around at will. I have my clams on these so whenever I want to change the layout I can do it without harming the clams foot

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/the-alternative-reef-clam-holder

you do realize that this thread is about an InTank product, right? Not alternative reef's clam hammocks....

HarryPotter

you do realize that this thread is about an InTank product, right? Not alternative reef's clam hammocks....

Whoops you're right. Didn't know this was an Intank thread from the title-I thought it was just about putting clams on a tube. Ill delete that

Meh. These were never meant to pay the bills. They were just to help out those that wanted one and take over the "manufacturing" from another member who had the original idea years ago.

I am good friends with Scott at The Alternative Reef, I would plug his products any day. Also Wisconsin made! I get to seem him again at the end of the month at MACNA.

but thanks for looking out :)

Meh. These were never meant to pay the bills. They were just to help out those that wanted one and take over the "manufacturing" from another member who had the original idea years ago.

I am good friends with Scott at The Alternative Reef, I would plug his products any day. Also Wisconsin made! I get to seem him again at the end of the month at MACNA.

but thanks for looking out :)

You're a good guy, Stevie.

Such a great idea! Ordering a couple of these before I get home for sure. And even if you had a Maxima or Crocea clam you could put rock inside the tube for them to attach too. might have to shape the piece of rock but that is why they make Dremel's!!!

I was thinking the same. Should I use rock with alot of pores? or just a plate rock and cut to size?

I was thinking the same. Should I use rock with alot of pores? or just a plate rock and cut to size?

I would use something very pores, would make it a lot easier to cut through and shape plus give the clams foot something easier to bore into.

Archived