SaltCritters.com

Put Your Clam(s) On A Pedestal!

basser1

So...... You say you got a new clam from your LFS or a Group Buy (Rockfish)? You say..... "Man I wish there was a way to show off my new clams"! If you're like me..... You soon run out of real estate, no more live rock cause you have you're pretty corals on them. You don't want to put them on the sand bed. Or your clams won't stay put and they keep falling over.

Well........ Listen up! After a few months of bugging StevieT from inTank, he has made me a clam pedestal. Now this is not a "new" idea as fellow N-R member Calvin415 made these about 3 years ago. These are made of a round, clear acrylic.Mine is 2 1/2" in length, and these may come in different sizes. The clam pedestals are also hollow so you can fill these with whatever type of media you prefer, rubble or sand. You can also bury these to suit your liking. So far, my maxima is liking it just fine!

StevieT hasn't set any pricing on these as of yet, depends on demand!

So show off those clams with a pedestal from StevieT!!

helfrichs001.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol clown fish logo is upside down. I didn't expect you to actually show it but have it hidden in the sand.

They are round, not oval.

Clam on the ground

Clam on the ground

Lookin' like a fool with ur clam on the ground

Wait, Rockfish didnt approve this for clam use. Still nice and a good idea.

Soooooooooo, start cranking them out Stevie.

this is by far one of the coolest ideas i've seen in a long while even though I did see calvin do soemthing similar!!!

very cool

count me in for at least a couple Stevie!!

A really nice idea would be to have some thicker circles of flat acrylic to allow the clam to attach to and that you can then bury in the sand a little.

I know..I could use shells or what ever else but I don't have those handy near me.

I know my crocea has only been happy when he has himself buried in the sand. I put him to the rock and he has been moving cm by cm daily trying to get back to the sand. I would put him back to where he was, but don't want him attaching to the glass on the bottom of the tank.

So some Clam Coasters...would be an awsome idea.

A really nice idea would be to have some thicker circles of flat acrylic to allow the clam to attach to and that you can then bury in the sand a little.

This is something I was thinking about. My clam and a few other corals are attached to acrylic pieces then you just cover them up with sand and they are hidden.

I can mount acrylic on the top of the tube. let me know what you guys think are good ideas this is something that will be done for fun.

I can make short tubes with a flat top, totally hidden in the sand but a great mounting point for any clam.

I can make taller tubes with a flat top, "get ur clam off the ground"

I still want to get Calvin's ok before they go on the site. He had the original idea.

In the pic I posted, I have a clam shell for it to attach to. I wasn't sure if I wanted it directly on the sand.

Rockfish..... I figured you would want some of these, I can picture your clams on these, displayed at different heights. Now if we could get Jay-Sun, Guia-X and others on this. ;)

I can make short tubes with a flat top, totally hidden in the sand but a great mounting point for any clam.

I can make taller tubes with a flat top, "get ur clam off the ground"

I would think a tube with an acrylic piece mounted 1/4" - 1/2" down inside the tube. Tube for support -- acrylic piece for attachment -- then you could fill the 1/4" - 1/2" of void space with sand/media after the clam attaches.

In the pic I posted, I have a clam shell for it to attach to. I wasn't sure if I wanted it directly on the sand.

Rockfish..... I figured you would want some of these, I can picture your clams on these, displayed at different heights. Now if we could get Jay-Sun, Guia-X and others on this. ;)

U read my mind! I was thinking about the different height thing myself. That would look sweet IMO.

Jason

U read my mind! I was thinking about the different height thing myself. That would look sweet IMO.

Jason

put me down for 5 tubes!! asap

Archived