inTank Media Baskets

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

thanks guys, i appreciate it. its going to be a sad time without a reef around soon. I'll have some FW things running but those are not the same deal :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newman it is disheartening to hear your braking down something you have put so much time and work into. I guess you can find someone to watch a child or a dog but people shy away from reef tanks.

Sorry to see it go Newman, It is hard, after watching the corals grow from little frags into awesome colonies, but I am sure you'll be able to put up another one at another time. It was an inspiring tank for sure.

Don't be a stranger.

Brian

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I've been busy in the last little while -- very busy.. But have been telling myself I'll message here as soon as I finished ALL of the reading in this thread. I missed a lot. I keep getting weekly digests that I glance through here and there from your thread. And now this.... :(

I hope you do stick around. Are you still active in MFT?

Thanks for everything tho NEWMANOLOGY -- I started my first tank through your guidance and PATIENCE.

I am starting to get settled in, but not quite 'there yet' to start a new tank. Getting antsy though! Hope you get to start something quickly -- looking forward to your next project!

Keep in touch dude

Markushka

nice to have met you newman, everyone's looking happy and settled in my tank. Its sad to see you out of the hobby, but like I said, if I'm still around when you decide to jump back in, hit me up. I owe you one. and I know you'll be back eventually.

yes, i'll be around guys. too bad the tank will not be though :(

It's ok, you'll build another. I know a person who had a 14 year old reef. Huge reef, spared no expense, grew sps and all that stuff. Power outage took it all down. He was depressed for a long time, but even he is now considering setting up a nano. Haha, once you go salty... You'll be back and it'll be better than ever.

How's the selling process going?

L

PinkDamsel

This tank was a guide and an inspiration. So sad to see it dismantled, but Newman, you're only on temporary leave. . . .

Come back to us when you're ready.

I'm so sorry that you've had to break down this tank. This thread - and your work have been a source of great inspiration for me.

I hope you stay active here at NR so we can continue to benefit from all you've learned.

I'll be around, checking some thread from time to time :)

Nice to have met you too Mark, and thanks! glad everything is doing well.

I'll be back eventually. likely with something like brandon's vase. I've been wanting to try that concept out for a while now. I'll surely be back once i have a stable career, good income and a nicer place to live - when i rent my own house or something lol.

Selling process is going well. at this point the tank has been cleaned out and the equipment is awaiting to be sold. i have a few buyers interested in everything so far.

Not going to produce as much money as it could have if i gradually sold everything one by one and took the time to find the highest bidders, but what i have made from the tank so far is decent and it will help me a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I started reading this post today to get some ideas for a pico to sit on my office desk.

It is a real shame that the tank had to be taken down. RIP

I will read the rest of the tread tomorrow and is sure that i will learn a lot from it.

Thanks for the detailed post and all the ideas Newman.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea me too. it was covered in zoas, no rock left when i sold it :P

but overall it was too high tech for me. also noisy from the HOB and sand getting into impeller all the time.

I learned from all this and will be doing a reef vase like brandons at some point. I have all my equipment ready for it. just need to find the right time.

• 1 month later...

Nothing yet man. Just chilling with my 40 gallon freshwater setup and some L260 plecos. no room for other tanks yet.

I still have all the equipment for my 2 gallon vase reef build stored in my basement.

Mostly just waiting to finish college and get a real job right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived