Cultivated Reef

Official New Additions Thread

animalmaster6

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

:happydance:

Question: In about 2-21'2 months will you be getting a lot more options for CUC memebers? I know you said you get a lot in for the summer months :)

Speaking of inverts, are you able to collect and ship lettuce sea slugs (E. crispata and/or clarki)? I don't see them up in the "what else can you get" thread with a quick CTRL-F, but from what I understand they really should be available around where you are.

AIUI the clarkis should be available in mangrove regions and crispatas out in the open reef areas, but I'm not sure how reliable that information is. From the descriptions, the best way to distinguish seems to be crispatas have pale feet and clarki have mottled green.

johnmaloney

i see them when i go south sometimes, but it hasn't been something I plan to regularly collect yet. I just don't know much about them other than I bump into them every now and then and they eat hair algae.

we still have some products from last year that arent up animalmaster. I think that will be the end of the hares/slugs for the year though, except for maybe Elysia ornata.

johnmaloney
:happydance:

Question: In about 2-21'2 months will you be getting a lot more options for CUC memebers? I know you said you get a lot in for the summer months :)

wait....is this the 125 I have been hearing about? are you going to just get a million small inverts?

florida fighting conch is larger and better and looks cooler than the tongan one.

animalmaster6

Yup it is!

This tank is going to be a mixed reef with mainly SPS and zoas.

I am having about 21 fish,

Fish List

Desardjini Sailfin Tang

Mimic Eibli Tang

Royal Gramma

Red Spotted Blenny

Barnacle Blenny

Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny

Firefish

Pearly Jawfish

Psychedelic Mandarin (When the tank is more established)

Sharknose Goby

Pair of Tiger Gobies

Pair of Masked Gobies

Greenbanded Goby

Dragonface Pipefish

2 Orange Lined Cardinalfishes

Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

Filamented Flasher Wrasse

Pink Streaked Pygmy Wrasse

Sunburst Anthias

I might get another goby, this is not official.

Yes, I am one of the invert freaks who pays attention to every little invert even the nerites. I would like tons of inverts.

This tank is ultra peaceful that's why I have peaceful tangs.

I am ordering my main (Very Large) CUC from you guys and I'm ordering a small CUC from vividaquariums.com.

If you have any questions about just ask! :)

johnmaloney

thanks! it is starting to become that season but it looks like it is slowly coming in. it was pretty barren in the Keys, some of my old spots were 100% wiped out by the freeze. We got out a little farther and did alright though. At least before the steering went...I hate boats. :)

Should be a cool tank, I like a bunch of small things in a big tank, gets you a ton of activity to watch. I would change the sig line to "World's Largest Nano Tank" though, that seems fun.

animalmaster6
Should be a cool tank, I like a bunch of small things in a big tank, gets you a ton of activity to watch. I would change the sig line to "World's Largest Nano Tank" though, that seems fun.

haha I like that! Thanks! I'll change it when I add water.

johnmaloney

no water? wow, i am impressed. i have to admit if I got a big tank I would have filled it on the first day and wish it was in another spot in the house the next. :)

• 3 weeks later...
animalmaster6

Awesome new Codiums!

New Flame Algae and Caulerpas!

Cool new Flamingo Feather Algae.

Monile is also new.

I love that Pencil Cap John.

johnmaloney

we will coordinate a time when it is slow and you are online animalmaster so you can see the full line....i need to click on the publish items that are out of stock button. i have sold 1000s of those species in the past...not new, but back in stock thankfully. :)

Seas were rough again today, and for the rest of the week from what I hear. We are finishing the last of our move tonight so after that I will get stocked back up and then take a trip for macros and such weather permitting.

Archived