ReefCleaners.org

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Maybe it was the cutter I used...but I tried to cut the bottom of the plug and it split the entire plug in half and I ended up with 2 frags :( maybe I just need the special cutters? What do you have?

Nothing crazy or special. I use a cheapo pair of diagonal cutters like these from harbour freight. They will cut ceramic frag plugs like a hot knife through butter.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-diagonal-cutter-40699.html

Edit: If you don't have a harbor freight anywhere near you, you should be able to pick up something like this at home depot, lowes, ace hardware. etc. for under $10.

Good suggestion. I happen to have the Boston Aqua Farms SPS Cutters which work great but I think anything like the link above would work fine.

Lol glad to keep you around for a bit more. Thanks for the advice. Care to explain your Prazi pro drip method a bit more? You taking a set volume of tank water adding the proper ratio of Prazi for said volume and then dripping in the fish with that water? Or is Prazi ratio higher or lower etc etc.

I use a 5g bucket, drip water from the system (standard drip method procedure) and add a drop or two when theres a gallon or two in the bucket, let it chill until theres 3g in the bucket then add it to the tank... if I even do that. Most of the time I just add wrasses but I know where they come from and take them still in the wholesalers bag so they don't go into the LFS system when possible.

You can also follow the directions and add it directly to the tank but it will kill worms, and I believe pods.... but it is safe for acros. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks. I don't know why I never thought of Prazi in the drip bucket.

I dosed it in the display back when I was first starting out I think I had a few acros. Didn't really have any side effects just kinda slowed down the stability process in a new reef.

Guess I will wait to see the wrasse supposedly its eating pellets and mysis and looking great so far.

• Like 1

The shallow reef sensei master is back. Please forgive me I thought you were dead

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You're back! best news ever.

Sweet. This will be good. Time for a new AJ tank.

Glad to see your back AJ!

Awesome glad your back, check out my thread, my main inspiration wasi your shalow cube. I would test the water after mixing to see if its in the salt mix.

This is awesome. Your 47g is easily my favorite tank on here and the one that has inspired my newest one. I know this is going to be amazing.

Welcome back!!

Your tank was an inspiration when I was still pondering on my tank build. Looking forward to seeing yours back up and running again. :)

Welcome back.

Thats awesome news AJ glad to hear your back!

Yes! Way back when you got TOTM I was inspired to try out sps. I cant wait to see what you come up with

aj is back. omgomgomg

god i cant wait to see what happens

Glad to see you are getting this back up and running!

Yay he's finally back! Your the sole inspiration for my build.

Just looking back through this thread and came across all these posts again when I posted I would be rebuilding this thing last year. Its been almost 9 months since I filled this glass box with fresh salt water again and its awesome be rocking NR again.

Anyways these posts are awesome and super kind. Glad to see so many people were inspired by this shallow back in the day. I feel honoured to have it running again and so many followers on here along the way.

Thanks.

- Emo A.

• Like 2

DSC03278.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Wolverine

I wish I could get a frag of this from you. It is at the top of my "to get" list. Yours looks super healthy!

• Like 5

I wish I could get a frag of this from you. It is at the top of my "to get" list. Yours looks super healthy!

Its defiantly my favourite acro out there. There are crazier ones and more colourful ones, but this one is soo bad ass and cool.

• Like 1

I'm with Indy, must have short list.

Where does the line start??..

Behind me? Heheheheheh

Which is still behind me right? :)

Lol. Wolverine is actually one of the fastest growing in my reef at the moment. Hopefully it starts growing up and instead of across the rocks.

• Like 2

Since adding the actinic bulbs and and lowering PAR a bit as a result, colors are getting even better.

Here are some photos with 1x ATI Blue+ and 1x ATI Actinic which is what I am running as my "sunrise/sunset" combo.

Wolverine is finally getting a blueish sheen on the tissue to compliment the yellow.
Wolverine-imp.jpg

Also this Mariculture Mille is quickly turning into something pretty awesome.
Mille-imp.jpg

• Like 10

Okay I resent that. I was going to Katnap your corals. There is a very big difference.

That millie looks amazing.

Fair enough my bad. Thanks.

Is that maricultured mille that pink colored IRL?

It does. It is really awesome.

The way I see this going down based on my luck with fish...

Option #1 I will drop it directly into display, never see it again and eventually my clowns will come down with some random illness brought in by the fish....

Option #2 I diligently QT the wrasse for a few weeks is it fat healthy and happy, I add it to display and it jumps a day later....

I forgot about bad luck Option #3....

I patiently wait until the weekend to pick up fish. Get a text last night that the fish jumped out of the LFS's tank.

Soo... still no new fish up in here.

Also decided I will be getting the New GHL Standalone Doser when its available in Canada.

as all my acro's brown in my tank I come here to see some awesome looking sticks and you don't disappoint!

Glad to deliver.

Colors seem to be improving daily right now. Likely because of the bulb combo change. Also I have slowly risen my salinity over the past 4 weeks to 1.026 which might also be contributing to the positive effect.

Plan is to keep things like this with same lighting and feeding routine for about 4 weeks and see if colors plateau. If so I will lower lights down a bit and go from there.

Heading to Montreal this weekend to see Arcade Fire end off their tour. Hopefully everything stays stable in the reef while I am gone

This will be my first time travelling with the Apex connected which will add a significant amount of peace of mind.