inTank Media Baskets

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Thanks, I have looked at Cherry Corals, but I live in Canada, so either shipping is expensive or illegal depending on the type of livestock...

Glad you enjoy this thread, why can't you keep SPS?

Ohhhh,yeah that'll put a damper or things lol. You know,I don't know. I can keep Birdsnests & Monti's but acro's & milli's RTN literally over night. Meanwhile I've had my ORA birdsnest go from 3 branches to 10 in just 2 months..lol.

• Like 1

Ohhhh,yeah that'll put a damper or things lol. You know,I don't know. I can keep Birdsnests & Monti's but acro's & milli's RTN literally over night. Meanwhile I've had my ORA birdsnest go from 3 branches to 10 in just 2 months..lol.

Hmm could be many things. Generally speaking if your Ca Alk Mg PO4 and NO3 are in check and you have decent lights, things should be fine... RTN overnight seems like either an acclimation thing or your nutrients are way off.

In the exact opposite I brought in a frag in this last batch that was freshly cut and started to RTN in the bag on the way home. It has stopped completely and is healing up...overnight. RTNs rarely stop but if you water is good enough almost anything can survive.

Hmm could be many things. Generally speaking if your Ca Alk Mg PO4 and NO3 are in check and you have decent lights, things should be fine... RTN overnight seems like either an acclimation thing or your nutrients are way off.

In the exact opposite I brought in a frag in this last batch that was freshly cut and started to RTN in the bag on the way home. It has stopped completely and is healing up...overnight. RTNs rarely stop but if you water is good enough almost anything can survive.

Yeah,back then I wasn't testing my water what so ever. That's when I first started getting into reef tanks,almost 6 years ago. So that was the bulk of my problems then. I've learned quite a bit since I started my first tank. I would like to keep primarily all sps in my tank I'm setting up. But having a 10"x10"x11" display may make it a little challenging but we'll see how things go.

I plan on using RSCP Salt,and I have the alk,cal and mag and I have the Zeovit nano package along with zeobak and one other bottle of something else I can't remember though. Along with Red Sea foundations tests and SeaChem Basics for trates,rites,amonnia and ph and a phosphate test.

• Like 1

Updated my livestock listing on the first page, thought I would post it here. That SPS frag list is getting LOOOOOONG

LIVESTOCK

FISH

2x ORA Black Ice Snowflake Clownfish

1x Red Sea Purple Tang

INVERTS

Golden Tahitian Maxima

Peppermint Shrimp

Emerald Crab

10 Astrea Snails

6x Nassarius Snails

2 Scarlet Leg Hermits

6 Blue Leg Hermits

SPS
ORA Red Planet Acropora Anthocercis
ORA Bellina Acropora
Reef Raft Blizzard
Reef Raft Wolverine
Reef Raft Strawberry Shortcake
Reef Raft Pearlberry
Reef Raft Avengers
Tyree Red Dragon
Tyree Pink Lemonade
Wicked Sunrise Acro
BS Toxic Sarmentosa
Blue green Acropora Kimbeensis
Neon Green Acropora Aculeus
Teal Acropora Carolina
Acropora Desalwii
Green Tipped Acropora Prostrata
Teal Acropora Tenius?
Yellow Acropora Tenius?
Red and Yellow Tipped Acropora
Blue Tipped Acropora

Acropora Granulosa

Pink Tip Millepora
Yellow Millipora
Blue Palmer's Millepora
Red Millepora
Oregon Tort
Miyagi Tort
Forest Fire Digitata
Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti Cap
Rainbow Montipora Tubuculosa
Green Polyp Scroll (Turbinara)

PALYS AND ZOAS

Giant Paly

Yellow Micro Zoas

Monstropolis Zoa.

MUSHROOMS

Yellow and Green Ricordia

Yellow and Blue Ricordia

• Like 6

How thick is your glass because when I got a quote they said that it would be 1/2 inch glass, but mp10 can only handle a max of 3/8 inch and I really don't want to have to buy two mp40s.

• Like 1

How thick is your glass because when I got a quote they said that it would be 1/2 inch glass, but mp10 can only handle a max of 3/8 inch and I really don't want to have to buy two mp40s.

I am fairly certain it is 3/8" but I would have to re-measure. That being said, I have read tons of reports of the MP-10 working fine on 1/2" glass just need to be careful not to bump it as the magnets will not be held as tight.

• Like 1

As promised:

Color held pretty well on transport of these guys but they are a bit brown, things should colour up nicely over the coming weeks.

DSC01868c.jpg

Reef Raft Wolverine

DSC01916.jpg

Oregon Tort

DSC01911.jpg

Red Millepora

DSC01907.jpg

Wicked Sunrise

DSC01858.jpg

Palmer's Blue Mille

DSC01865.jpg

Forest Fire Digi

Couple other frags showing some colour.

DSC01892.jpg

Reef Raft Avengers (added one week ago)

DSC01921.jpg

Reef Raft Pearlberry added (2 weeks ago)

:wub: WoW !! Now those our Sick Pieces !!

• Like 2

:wub: WoW !! Now those our Sick Pieces !!

Thankyou! Very happy with most of what I have gotten so far. Its hard to tell how awesome these will look with tiny frags but, chances are if they look dope at 3/4 inch when they grow out things will be rocking.

Aj I know your using the vertex reactor. Is your pump loud? I've noticed mine getting louder last couple days.

Not at all I can barely tell if it is on most times.

• Like 2

Aj just curious. What's your diping procedure look like? I'm getting ready for this weekend. I have some coral rx and revive left from my old Tank. I won't dare say they were bad dips, but I never really like them for sps. I feel like whatever I dipped browned out and always had a long reccovery. I used bayers with much more success. Seems the acros and soft tissue corals do a lot better with it. I just don't know if bayers gets all the critters. So what u using?? :)

Aj just curious. What's your diping procedure look like? I'm getting ready for this weekend. I have some coral rx and revive left from my old Tank. I won't dare say they were bad dips, but I never really like them for sps. I feel like whatever I dipped browned out and always had a long reccovery. I used bayers with much more success. Seems the acros and soft tissue corals do a lot better with it. I just don't know if bayers gets all the critters. So what u using?? :)

I drip acclimate the corals either in a floating bag or in a bucket beside the tank. I don't really set up an auto drip, just slowly replace the water with a turkey baster.

After this process I dip all corals in Revive @ 1 Capful/liter for 7(ish) minutes. (I usually do half a capful in 500ml for a few frags.

Swirl and blast with turkey baster throughout shaking off anything alive.

I also try and scrape all nuisance algae off the frag plug as well.

After the 7 minutes is up I rinse and swish around in fresh tank water then pop em in the display. They do brown out a little bit but not much, I assume this is usually from stress in general of the whole procedure not necessarily the dip. Usually I have significant PE minutes later if the lights are on. The first 6 photos above are minutes after they were added.

• Like 2

Updated my livestock listing on the first page, thought I would post it here. That SPS frag list is getting LOOOOOONG

LIVESTOCK

SPS
ORA Red Planet Acropora Anthocercis
ORA Bellina Acropora
Reef Raft Blizzard
Reef Raft Wolverine
Reef Raft Strawberry Shortcake
Reef Raft Pearlberry
Reef Raft Avengers
Tyree Red Dragon
Tyree Pink Lemonade
Wicked Sunrise Acro
BS Toxic Sarmentosa
Blue green Acropora Kimbeensis
Neon Green Acropora Aculeus
Teal Acropora Carolina
Acropora Desalwii
Green Tipped Acropora Prostrata
Teal Acropora Tenius?
Yellow Acropora Tenius?
Red and Yellow Tipped Acropora
Blue Tipped Acropora

Acropora Granulosa

Pink Tip Millepora
Yellow Millipora
Blue Palmer's Millepora
Red Millepora
Oregon Tort
Miyagi Tort
Forest Fire Digitata
Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti Cap
Rainbow Montipora Tubuculosa
Green Polyp Scroll (Turbinara)

Can we be friends ?

:lol:

• Like 1

Can we be friends ?

:lol:

Ha. There will be frags soon enough!

Here are 3 shots of the individual rock structures and how the frags are laid out. It looks really ugly right now with all the plugs and whatnot but they are encrusting quickly and hopefully all that will be gone in a couple months.

Left Front

DSC01956.jpg

Right Front

DSC01946.jpg

Back Middle

DSC01961.jpg

• Like 5

Gonna look so good when it grows out!....beeauuutifulllll

Back Middle

DSC01961.jpg

Except for that stupid browny blue acro on the top left. The tips get a nice light blue colour but it is not lightening up or colouring at all around the base and it was basically the first piece I added.... I have a wish list of a few other Acros that will fit in nicely here so I may sell off that piece and make room for a couple more if it doesn't lighten up in the next month.

I have settled on a 0.1ml x 2 daily ZeoStart3 dosage and have been adding 0.5ml of Pohls Xtra daily for past few days. This seems to be the sweet spot for this system as everything is crystal clear and stabilized. I am going to run Xtra only for about two weeks and see how the corals like it before adding CV to the mix. I have already noticed a more vibrant colouring to the SPS.

Over this past week I have noticed a certain crispness to the water that is hard to pinpoint but when its there you know it. Super clear super clean "crisp" water.

• Like 2

Tell me more about those yellow zoas... Where did you get them? Do you think they are going to change color at all? Every yellow zoas Ive seen have always changed to a different color.

• Like 1