Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Free Nano Box Crab

johnmaloney

Thanks animalmaster for reminding me...

I have a rough box crab (Calappa gallus) right now that is smaller than a penny, but will eventually grow to about 3 inches. They are a smaller species of box crab, a mottled white color. Eats smaller shelled animals in the wild, (dwarf ceriths for example :angry: ), but will do just fine on small pieces of krill. :)

Needs Express Mail or the new UPS shipping we have for Florida. Other than that I can add it to any order you have from here until he finds a new home.

animalmaster6

Can you keep them in a refugium?

Also, will it harm my snails, hermits, Sexy Shrimp, corals, Hi Fin Goby, pistol shrimps? I need to keep it in my 12G while the fuge is being setup.

Thanks!

they are pretty mean, so these crabs in general would maul all those critters when they reach 3 inches. However, at the size this particular guywouldn't be much trouble for the moment. Trick is...would you be able to catch him? These guys are not slow like their larger cousins.

probably not, stone crabs at any size are pretty mean. they eat crab too, which is odd....

Pretty cool looking crab - but I think I'll just stick with my snails!

true enough, will probably graduate to fl ceriths at full size

animalmaster6

I would be able to catch it. Am transfering everything to the 125G.

I don't know if I want to take the risk of harming my current stock :(

it is something to think about for sure...you think about it while I find him again....he is hiding in a sand bed at the moment and I dont want to stir it...

animalmaster6
it is something to think about for sure...you think about it while I find him again....he is hiding in a sand bed at the moment and I dont want to stir it...

Do you have anymore info on him?

Archived