SaltCritters.com

Megan's BC14 Journal

meganistkrieg

meganistkrieg

Finally, new pictures! I've had my aquarium for just about a year now, and am thrilled at how well it's come along. All the creatures inside seem happy and are growing exponentially, and although I've been lazy about picking out the cyano from my previous digging into the substrate, I think overall it looks pretty swell.

All credit to N-R for any success I've had!! :happydance:

img3609resize.jpg

Full tank shot!

img3613resize.jpg

Blue xenia (more purple, really...)

img3618resize.jpg

Kenya tree (making babies once a week or so!)

img3620resize.jpg

Happy shrimp!

img3623resize.jpg

Hammer coral

img3625resize.jpg

Zoa/paly garden!

img3638resize.jpg

My favorite blue mushrooms (pardon the fishtail...)

img3649resize.jpg

Girl-fish

img3643resize.jpg

Boy-fish

img3645resize.jpg

Shrimpster again

img3651resize.jpg

Hermit crab hanging out under some 'shrooms (don't you touch that cerith...)

img3659resize.jpg

Curlicue anemone - a hitchhiker that I thought was aiptasia at first, turns out it's just a cousin. I love the way it looks but it's getting a bit too big to be welcome and I may need to "take it out"...

The urchin and emerald didn't want to make an appearance for this photoshoot, but they're both doing just dandy. I feel like the tank pretty much runs itself at this point. I do a 3-gal water change once a week and feed Rod's food to the tank/critters every third day. Nitrates never did come back down from the 15-20 range but since everything seems to be flourishing, I figured I'd let it be. Unfortunately, the cyano is also flourishing along the sandbed - maybe my belated New Year's resolution should be to be less lazy about picking it out. :happy:

Thanks for looking!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived