inTank Media Baskets

Clownfish breathing fast HELP

northstar1357

northstar1357

Okay, here is my situation with my clownfish again... DAMN! or maybe not so DAMN

Anyways... some of you may have known that my tank was treated for internal parasite a month and a 1/2 ago and i QT two clownfish for internal parasite.

One clownfish made it and the other one didnt.

So after a month or so... my i put my clownfish back into my NC12.

one day after i put my clownfish in there, it started to have black spots all over the body ( i know its from trying to host the anemone). Now that the nem has accepted the clown, he is breathing hard. Well not really really fast but just a little bit faster than normal.

Last night when the clownfish got near the anemone, the tenticle stung my clown a couple of times and he wound jerk away and breath fast. Now the clown is finaly inside the anemone, he is still breathing a little fast.

so anything wrong with it?

I feed it brine shrimp and pellets and he eats.

yesterday i saw white feces but i think it was from eating brine shrimp. The poop fell off just regular poop though a little long but i know its not internal parasite this time. Maybe stress from hosting the anemone?

hmmm, BTA's don't have that powerful of a sting,(as far as nems go) Im going to assume the clown is either Ocellaris or perc's. Most ocellaris or percs host them just fine with no problems. My guess, water quality, or the fish(s) had or still has a parasite. Cant tell without pics, but typically having an anemone doesnt stress a clown out, it would do the opposite. With the fish breathing quickly is usually an indication of water quality. It could be numerous things from Ph. to any toxins, to lack of aeriation. Check your water param's 1st and if your fish has a parasite, it is sometimes very difficult to know exactly what it is.

Could be Brooklynella, are either of the clowns that you had Wild Caught? They can carry it and not succumb to it in the wild, but from the stress of shipping, and being captive, it can overwhelm their immune systems. I lost 2 clowns to it, I brought one clown in, even after 3 week QT it appeared fine, but slowly deteriorated. It would breath rapidly and stay to the bottom of the tank just like you are describing.

Archived