Coral Vue Hydros

The Miracle MAX

el fabuloso

animalmaster6

The tank really looks good el fab! What an awesome tank! For real!

TOTM for sure!

I like your fish list :) I don't think you should get the angel. Too many horror stories.

A few Skunk Cleaner Shrimp will look real nice!

Thanks! I really need to get that angel out of my head. I don't need the stress.

omgomgomg

:D

Ssssssteven!! I might need one of those handy dandy frag rack baskets soon. ;)

Yes get the angle out of your head, Had a Pygmy angle in a BC29 keep swimming around and around jumped into the back chamber twice then when I found her nipping on some of my coral she had to go.

My thoughts exactly. If I just had softies in my tank, I'd be more of a risk taker. But I'd be devastated if it ended up nipping at my SPS and my blastos. Too bad though, she's a real beauty.

PAH-1111-jwFull.jpg

:(

Whoa! That FTS is El fabuloso! :rolleyes:

Looking quite sechsay already El fab!

Very curious to see what the Mille looks like as it grows out from there. :happy:

I bet it feels good seeing that beauty after all the scrubbin' and scrapin' :P

Great stuff. B)

I love cleaners! I just got one for my personal tank and will definitely be getting three for school. they are so personable! also I love that toadie. If you ever frag it, I would love a piece along with your beautiful blue cloves.

Thank you! :)

Holy crap that angel is worth the risk! Very beautiful.

Inorite? I'm really tempted and it's bothering the hell out of me. It's like an itch I have to scratch. :unsure:

Very curious to see what the Mille looks like as it grows out from there. :happy:

Thanks, Richie! I'm curious to see how the mille will grow form here as well. It's amazing to me that it's practically picking up where it left off so it'll be interesting to see.

I love cleaners! I just got one for my personal tank and will definitely be getting three for school. they are so personable! also I love that toadie. If you ever frag it, I would love a piece along with your beautiful blue cloves.

Thanks! Glad to hear about the cleaners, I'm excited. And now that the corals are in place, I really do need to have some stuff moving in there.

:o Great stuff right there bro!

Tank is lookin' 'mazin!!! :)

:blush:

which?

:ninja:

Actually, it would be better if you go and buy it so I can get it out of my mind and I won't be tempted to experiment. Saw it at Lucky's. Now I expect it to be gone when I go back. -_-

They also have a potters angel that looks beat-up.

great transfer! looking good! I know, I had the itch for an angel too.... really had to hold back. I ended up getting a bangaii... now I can't fit any more fish = no angel! :)

Actually, it would be better if you go and buy it so I can get it out of my mind and I won't be tempted to experiment. Saw it at Lucky's. Now I expect it to be gone when I go back. -_-

They also have a potters angel that looks beat-up.

I haven't been in there in forever. actually, I tried to go last sunday but they were closed, so I ended up getting the best pho tai sach EVER at pho so 1.

and anyway, I don't want to risk an angel any more than you do! :P

popped up in my google reader: http://reefbuilders.com/2010/01/30/some-ti...-reef-aquarium/

The New Roommates

CIMG1696.jpg

I decided to stop by another LFS this morning to check out some fish and ended up going home with some new friends! I thought I would have to drive all over town to complete my wish list but I was pleasantly surprised to find them all in the one place!

I was planning on a percula clown but was disappointed by the selection at the LFS. The one they had was emaciated and there was a nice looking picasso clown that was also emaciated and I really didn't feel like shelling out $50 for a clown that was probably going to die. But then I found the prettiest tomato clown with the cutest personality! It was literally dancing back and forth begging me to take him home and I couldn't resist.

CIMG1703.jpg

Generally I'm not a fan of tomato clowns but this one's probably the best looking tomato clown I have ever seen, not to mention healthy and active. It's nice and big so hopefully he won't get eaten by the elephant ear mushroom should he decide to host it.

Found the perfect flame hawkfish that was nice and healthy:

CIMG1697.jpg

I initially thought about a sixline wrasse until I saw this pretty thing:

CIMG1698.jpg

I figured the purple firefish is probably a much nicer fish with a better attitude so it was a no brainer. :happy:

Banggai cardinal:

CIMG1706.jpg

Bicolor blenny:

CIMG1700.jpg

Chromis trio:

CIMG1699.jpg

The chromis were not on my original list but decided it would probably add a nice splash of color in the tank as well as some activity.

The blenny was the first to go in and instantly found his spot:

CIMG1773.jpg

The cardinal headed straight into a nice little cave:

CIMG1786.jpg

The clown, the hawkfish and the firefish huddled together in the back of the tank:

CIMG1785.jpg

It didn't take long for the hawkfish to feel comfortable in the tank and was the first to explore his new home and decided to perch on every corner of the tank. :lol:

CIMG1755.jpg

CIMG1803.jpg

The firefish on the other hand is still in hiding which I totally expected.

CIMG1780.jpg

The chromis caused quite a scandal. I remember netting three of them but somehow ended up with only two.

CIMG1758.jpg

At first I thought it might've been hiding in a rock somewhere but then I began to worry. I checked everywhere to see if it had jumped. I even dug up the bags from the trash incase it was still in there. Turns out he was stuck in the overflow box. :rolleyes:

CIMG1761.jpg

Reunited and it feels so good. :happy:

CIMG1771.jpg

They all seem to be acclimating fairly quickly except for the firefish which is still in hiding. Hopefully she'll start coming out in a few days or so once she starts feeling comfortable in the tank. All in all I feel like I've got a pretty good stock list and I'm pretty happy with my decision. The only thing left to add in this tank are a couple of skunk cleaners, although now I'm not sure how that'll fly with the hawkfish. :unsure:

I love how they labelled the bags. you know, in case you forget which is the tomato clown. :rolleyes:

Inorite? The label was the price tag from the tank so I'm guessing they did it to keep track of the prices at the register but it did make me lol. :lol:

I have visions of the hawkfish eating the blenny and firefish, hope I am wrong. Had a falco hawkfish swallow a jawfish in one gulp :(

I know, the thought did cross my mind when I realized how much bigger the hawkfish is than the other two. But so far so good. fingerscrossed

hi5

:)

B)