Cultivated Reef

The Miracle MAX

el fabuloso

el fabuloso

Got a nice little present today in the mail.

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

Got some grape monti frags that will hopefully grow in nicely.

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

The kenya tree, mushroom and zoa frags were a bonus. :happy:

IMG_1761.jpg

Thanks, duderubble! :happydance:

Mr. Microscope

The purple plate will really add a nice contrast to the yellowy-orange one. Can't wait to see how it fills in. Good placement! Love the new avatar BTW! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
el fabuloso

I didn't realize I had everyone waiting!

I've finally rounded off my fish list with the addition of a sixline wrasse and a royal gramma. I know they're not nearly as special as the other fish on the list but they complete the tank in terms of color and personality.

I had always wanted a sixline especially since I have so many flatworms but I figured it was out of the question once I got my McCosker's flasher wrasse. Then I found a sixline at my LFS in a tank with a bunch of other wrasses. Guy at the LFS said it was friendly so I took a chance. For the most part it ignores the flasher wrasse since it tends to swim close to the rock work while the flasher is more out in the open. But every now and then it gets into bouts of psychosis and charges at the flasher for no apparent reason. Fortunately the flasher has been in the tank long enough that he doesn't seem to be fazed by it nor does he feel threatened. Oddly enough though having another wrasse around is helping him color up. But the sixline isn't eating my flatworms fast enough. I also can't get a good picture of him that isn't blurry.

The royal gramma was the last one in. They're one of those fish that I've always wanted and everyone else seems to have had at some point but I never got around to keeping one until now. He's just the right splash of color and personality for the tank, peaceful and bold and always front and center. Always out patrolling and observing what the other fish and inverts are doing but has no issue with anyone including the yasha goby who only comes out occasionally to feed.

So that wraps up my fish list. I'll be sure to post some pictures up next week. In the mean time I'll be in Seattle for the 4th of July weekend. Hope you all have a fun and safe holiday weekend as well. B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice shots, but it looks like he is coming out the overflow into the tank, can you clarify please?

Look again, theres coral under the jaw fish.

Nice shots fab. How'd you get him to jump like that?

Yep, that's the overflow box. He willingly jumps in and out of it ever since he decided that he'd rather live in a high rise condo than in a tunnel. And that's grape caulerpa at the bottom of the overflow box.

Here's a video clip of him in action that I took while cleaning around the tank:

And a pic of the harlies sitting in front of the tank on a Saturday morning to watch Sponge Bob.

c65b1225.jpg

They love watching Patrick. ;)