Coral Vue Hydros

The Miracle MAX

el fabuloso

colormyheart

this tank is my inspiration for life.

But really, it was fantastic. Great job. :) Sad to see that you tore it down, though.

Edited by colormyheart
el fabuloso
Hey Fab!

I ended up getting a Harlequin shrimp (A Hawaiian one!), and he is doing great thanks to your advice.

I hope all is well with your tank and what not!

That's awesome! Glad to hear it. :)

really? thats why dhaut told me to change it......

Yes. Change it before I do.

this tank is my inspiration for life.

:blush:

el fabuloso

My bad! I only saw the link for the pico and the BioCube. And I'm flattered by the invocation of my name. However I implore you to be creative and original and come up with something all your own. ;)

gearhead364

El Fab! ha I feel like I know you from all the time ive spent in your threads lol gotta say have a lot of respect for what you accoplished with your tanks! :bowdown: if you want an idea from a random stranger I think you could put together one sweet little lagoon tank... I started a pico because of you and pj86 so if you have any free time feel free to check out my thread! (any advice from a pico god is great omgomgomg )

el fabuloso

I was planning on finally tearing down the MAX this weekend when I noticed that the tank had miraculously cleaned itself. Lo and behold:

IMG_4930.jpg

I have seriously not touched this tank in a month nor have I cleaned the glass but now it's crystal clear. So who are these miracle workers that have been cleaning my tank?

Critters. Worms, pods, snails and all sorts of life.

IMG_4939.jpg

There is currently an explosion of life and I can't remember the last time I've seen this many pods in my tank! Not to mention the pesky flatworms this tank was plagued with are now gone and I can finally see my sand again. Although their death may have helped in killing everything in my tank.

Plants have also made a comeback and have taken over some of the places the corals used to be.

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

And just when I thought EVERYTHING in the tank is dead, another miracle happens. The candy canes, some zoas and parts of the favia survived the apocalypse.

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

Seeing all this life has given me the inspiration and motivation to help this tank evolve into its next incarnation. Is the Miracle MAX ready for another miracle? It just might be. The gears in my head are turning and I'm ready to move into a whole new direction. Something simple and easy but also new and exciting.

Like the tank motto says: omnia mutantur, nihil interit—everything changes, nothing perishes.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...