Top Shelf Aquatics

curvilinear II_the Pico.Reef

rickjg

1zggtaa.jpg

I've been wanting to do a Pico for a long time & now is the right time . . . B) . . .

This one will be hence forth known as curvilinear II_the Pico.Reef

Bought So Far List:

2.7 G Vase/tank = $5.

Evils66's Par 38-21w-12K lamp = $100.

Fluval 305 = $50. (SD Reefs)

Misc bulk heads and fittings = $23.

Hydor flo rotating deflector = $12

Flex-neck floor lamp from wallymart = $18.

Fishnet lamp = $4. (DAV store)

Fountain for base = $3. (DAV store)

Dead rock found in my storage shed = $free

Fiji Live Rock = $25.

Finnex 25 watt Electronic Heater = $24.

Double underwater light = $19.

Electrical fittings = $14.

Chemi-pure 10 oz = $7.

Purigen 250 mL = $14.

NinbleNano mag cleaner = $17.

Scripps water = $free :happy:

Bird of Paradise (Seriatopora) frag =$2.

Current Prime 1/15 hp chiller (SD Reefs) = $175.

(2) Aqualifers = $24.

Coffee cup = priceless

Acropora Subulata frag $5.

Pink Acro frag $5.

Acro frag $5.

Bali Birds Nest (Seriatopora) $5.

Green Hulk Zoa $5.

Fire & Ice Zoa $5.

TOTAL TO DATE = $566. _ :o _

Wish List:

More livestock would be nice

& more stuff I haven't even planned on yet

. . . 2/1/2010 post-926-1264997192_thumb.jpg

. . . 2/14/2010 post-926-1266247036_thumb.jpg . . 5/28/2010 post-926-1275542983_thumb.jpg

-Rick

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too ... :blush:

HAHA

This will make a SICK tank if done right!

At first I couldn't wait till the 25 th so I could add stuff. Now I can't wait so I can see what you do.

• 2 weeks later...
This tank looks sick! I really like your light as well. What brand/type? Looking forward to seeing this tank progress throughout the contest.

I just used that little 5-watt LED lamp for pictures.

THIS IS THE LIGHT THAT'S GOING OVER MY PICO !!! ... break out the shades . . . B)

13z379k.jpg

-Rick

311m3qb.jpg

34zmtxh.jpg

nw0why.jpg

Doing a practice mockup out on the patio with a similar sized plastic container with the Fluval 305 plumbed in thru the bottom.

Can U say WATER FLOW?

wow that is going to be a ton of flow but i wonder how you plan on placing the rock in order to take advantage of that flow and to try and obscure the intake for the fluval

I think I have the light fixture for the PAR38 is just about worked out. The wife wanted me to pickup something from wallymart today, so I was checking out the lamps and found a floor lamp with a flex-neck for only $18.

. 2di3fdk.jpg

So I bought one in silver (should have bought black) and brought it home and ripped it apart.

The lamp shade went in the trash and I made a new "shade" out of a stainless steel coffee cup.

. 2vs581y.jpg

The lamp rod comes in four parts so I changed the height of the lamp by leaving out one of the rod parts. When I'm done the lamp rod will be bolted directly thru/to a countertop so you will not see the ugly lamp base.

. imuo87.jpg

That's all I have time for today,

Rick

Looking sweet B)

Thanks

Finding a light fixture was becoming a problem, I'm glad I stumbled onto the flex-neck floor lamp. I really wanted to do a pendent fixture hanging from the ceiling, but it just didn't work out for where the tank will end up being located.

Thanks

Finding a light fixture was becoming a problem, I'm glad I stumbled onto the flex-neck floor lamp. I really wanted to do a pendent fixture hanging from the ceiling, but it just didn't work out for where the tank will end up being located.

Is this going to be a walk around tank ??

I think what you have will look great especially once it's mounted into a stand/counter. My biggest issue so far with the PAR38 setup has been how is it going to look with some funky track lighting. I think you have it right with the flex arm setup.

Archived