Pod Your Reef

Eyelash Blenny

cmoreland

Well, I got a good deal on an Eyelash Blenny and it will be shipped out today! Only problem is I can't seem to find any info on these little guys except that they are full of personality. Anyone have any experience with them pos or neg?

I think a lot of folks confuse them with Lawnmower Blenny's but I don't think this is the same fish...

new-b-reefer
Well, I got a good deal on an Eyelash Blenny and it will be shipped out today! Only problem is I can't seem to find any info on these little guys except that they are full of personality. Anyone have any experience with them pos or neg?

I think a lot of folks confuse them with Lawnmower Blenny's but I don't think this is the same fish...

well not with eyelash blennies, i have a starry blenny which is very similar to a lawnmower blenny other than color and my starry blenny (beast) is loaded with personality. one of the most entertaining fish to watch and he is very active. not camera shy either. good rock grazer too. :)

well not with eyelash blennies, i have a starry blenny which is very similar to a lawnmower blenny other than color and my starry blenny (beast) is loaded with personality. one of the most entertaining fish to watch and he is very active. not camera shy either. good rock grazer too. :)

That's awesome man! What do you feed the little guy? I've heard some like nori and some won't touch anything manually fed in the tank only grazing on rock and other surfaces in the tank, course those were another type of Blenny...

I guess from what I hear you either love em or hate em, I guess we'll see!

new-b-reefer
That's awesome man! What do you feed the little guy? I've heard some like nori and some won't touch anything manually fed in the tank only grazing on rock and other surfaces in the tank, course those were another type of Blenny...

I guess from what I hear you either love em or hate em, I guess we'll see!

mine goes crazy for nori. it took 1 or 2 times before he realized what it was but once he took one bite, now its like crack to him lol. and when i feed mysis shrimp sometimes, he is always out eating the mysis shrimp with the rest of my fish, and he of course grazes on the rocks. i think the nori is by far his favorite though.

and when i first got him, i got him to help keep the algae under control and once he was acclimated and i saw him in my tank, his personality surfaced right away and i ended up really liking him. i hope your ends up the same way... easy to care for and entertaining as hell. and i dont know about eyelash blenny's but my starry blenny varies his colors depending on where he sits in the tank, he changes his spots, sometimes he is brown with little white spots, sometimes i have seen him make his spots nearly disapear al together, and other times he keeps his spots and gets thes short white stripes on his back. its really cool. he almost acts like a jawfish sometimes the way he sits and looks around at everything.

Man this Blenny just ate the hell out of some frozen bloodworms. The little carnivore!! He's been systematically eating the algae off the back wall of the tank though so I hope I hadn't spoiled it already!

Archived