ReefCleaners.org

Spot the new fish!

TheNordCelt

wow your tank looks amazing ;)

Thank you splinter!

Some new pictures for December, it's almost been a year since the last move!

IMG_9477Large.jpg

IMG_9542Large.jpg

IMG_9557Large.jpg

IMG_9582Large.jpg

Enjoy!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey...saw your entry for TOTM on the other reef site!!!! Looks great :) This tank might be coming down in a move???? I hope you plan to set it back up :)

Thanks! I was looking at out of state jobs, but have decided to stay local so the tank won't be coming down!

Any updates? How is the puffer doing? Nice tank!

Thanks !The puffer is doing great, I'm working on getting a short video up right now, and I'll take some shots later!

I know it's been said all through this thread, but that puffer is awesome. I'm kinda changing where I want to go with my tank as far as fish and that puffer would fit right in. Where did you pick him up? Is he nipping at any corals, or do you just feed him a lot so he doesn't? I think he would look awesome with a dwarf moray.

I know it's been said all through this thread, but that puffer is awesome. I'm kinda changing where I want to go with my tank as far as fish and that puffer would fit right in. Where did you pick him up? Is he nipping at any corals, or do you just feed him a lot so he doesn't? I think he would look awesome with a dwarf moray.

It's like you read my mind. I want a dwarf moray too! He's a model citizen actually. I've had these fish in fresh, brackish and marine and they seem to mellow out in SW. In FW they are quite aggressive. He doesn't nip anybody or anything, and I do keep him well fed. Snails are also an essential part of their diet.

Awesome. Snails are cheap enough too. What else do you feed him and how often? Is he the same as the Figure 8 puffer that Live Aquaria has listed under brackish fish?

Awesome. Snails are cheap enough too. What else do you feed him and how often? Is he the same as the Figure 8 puffer that Live Aquaria has listed under brackish fish?

Don't get a Figure 8, They can't handle marine salinity. I feed him mysis silver sides and mixed frozen foods. I'm trying to get him to take pellets.

How do you like the 12rb and 12cw combo I'm doing the something next week. Tank looks great btw

I like the colors, but I think I'm going to add some red in the near future to get more control.

Do you have any shrimp in this tank? If so does the GSP bother them at all?

I have a Skunk cleaner and the puffer is terrified of him.He never sees the Pistol shrimp.

Don't get a Figure 8, They can't handle marine salinity. I feed him mysis silver sides and mixed frozen foods. I'm trying to get him to take pellets.

So what kind of puffer is it and where can I get one?

So what kind of puffer is it and where can I get one?

Green Spotted Puffer, freshwater stores have them sometimes. I looked for this one for almost a year.

Green Spotted Puffer, freshwater stores have them sometimes. I looked for this one for almost a year.

Awesome, thanks. Sounds like I'll have to start looking.

• 5 weeks later...

Tank has changed a little bit., puffer is doing well, growth is great, scape has changed yet again. I love the biocube, but as everything grows out, I just don't have the footprint I need for the look I want. I'm thinking about upgrading.... I'll get some pics up if I scrape the glass today, its covered in coraline. I've been simplifying my set up, and in this spirit I did something I never thought I would do. I removed the skimmer. 7 fish in a BC29(one of them is a messy puffer) and no skimmer should equal excess nutes, but I haven't had any water problems at all, even when I missed water changes for 3 weeks. I'm quickly becoming convinced that the whole zeo thing is snake oil. Every additive is got to be 80% vinegar, at least that's what they all smell like, and my corals look so much better without it. I was dosing 6 things a day, and finally realized that I want this cube to relax me, not be more work. I thought I might have to kiss my sps goodbye and go all softy for simplicity's sake, but I decided to give it a try. I stopped carbon and zeo additive dosing, took the zeo lites off line and put a ball of cheato in the display. Corals looked great. Waited for the algea to show up, and it didn't. I then got the itch to not have to empty my skimer cup, and had been reading about alll the beneficial things that get taken out by the skimmer, like pod larvae, eggs, coraline spores etc. Pod population exploded, worms all over the place( little ones, not big predatory ones) coraline off the charts and my sps took off. I dose cal/alk manually now, but just need to finish building my doser and that will be automated. I can't remember the last time I tested anything, ( bad I know) but everything is doing quite well. And I still feed heavily, the puffer eats a lot, but its been over a month and no algae to speak of. Pics to follow.

One word describes this cube, WOAH! Very stunning! So what are you running in the rear chambers? Are you using a media basket now tha you eliminated the skimmer? Jw, i really dig how there isn't much rock in the tank! Lots of swimming room for the fish and it looks so much like a reef in the wild! Nice job!! My tank is no where near yours but I have a few friends that have tanks that are amazing like this and they dont dose anything either..

One word describes this cube, WOAH! Very stunning! So what are you running in the rear chambers? Are you using a media basket now tha you eliminated the skimmer? Jw, i really dig how there isn't much rock in the tank! Lots of swimming room for the fish and it looks so much like a reef in the wild! Nice job!! My tank is no where near yours but I have a few friends that have tanks that are amazing like this and they dont dose anything either..

Thanks man! I have a media basket with floss, carbon, and gfo in the order.

Archived