I've had two damsels in it for a long time with a CUC, but I want more. It's a 40B so is it safe to add to it, and will softies be able to tolerate the 20 nitrates?
Jump to content
Edited by redclay92, 03 January 2010 - 01:01 PM.
I'm working on it, but the amount of top off I use it'd be too much to just buy from the store and I don't feel like dumping that type of money into a filter right now , my neighbors only use prime and their tank looks good so I'm go awhile or till I get job to get a RO/DI filter. Plus the possibility of moving is still lurking so I want to know I am clear of that. Thanks for the input, in your opinion which should i get first a new test kit or RO/DI filter, new they are about the same and I am limited to a jobless High school budget for now.
Edit: I have a decent thing of cheato (bout two fist) and just upped the lighting on the tank. Also the readings been doing nothing but holding still or dropping to the 10 range. And no immediate plans for keeping SPS now, but is in the future once I can clear all my water problems up.
going during daywalker hours is tough for me to do
My Nessarius are like nuke powered sand submarines.
imo your next steps should be
1 - get a new test kit
2- start using RO/DI, or distilled at worse
3- check your salt mix/make up water and possibly look at changing the salt to cut down po4, no3
4- if your moving dont buy anything new (inhabitant wise)
ID what is causing the issue and solve it before moving forward. once that is fixed and you move, or dont move then add more critters
25 gallon Ecoxotic Cube with all the fixins.