SaltCritters.com

Animalmaster6's Aquatic Ramblings and Endless Quest for Water

animalmaster6

animalmaster6
This is gonna be sweet! What color did you paint the wall?

Im so excited! The wall will be painted this week! That means Stand!

We're basing the color so it will go well with the tank. We're thinking a light blue/green so the focus is on the tank.

MOAR PITCHERS!!!

Definetly when the room is painted!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
I had a painting thread on here a while back - I seem to remember people saying that tan was the best color.

The color we were looking at is actually a tanish blue/green. Not completely though

animalmaster6

I thought I'd go ahead and post my fish list. This is not final. It is probably final though :)

Here you go:

Fish List

Desardjini Sailfin Tang

Mimic Eibli Tang

Royal Gramma

Red Spotted Blenny

3 Barnacle Blennies

Greenbanded Goby

Firefish

Pearly Jawfish

Psychedelic Mandarin (When the tank is more established)

2 Orange Lined Cardinalfishes

Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

Filamented Flasher Wrasse

Sunburst Anthias

Possible Additions:

Tiger Goby

I'm also transfering everything from my 12G to this tank

I thought I'd go ahead and post my fish list. This is not final. It is probably final though :)

Here you go:

Fish List

Desardjini Sailfin Tang

Mimic Eibli Tang

Royal Gramma

Red Spotted Blenny

3 Barnacle Blennies

Greenbanded Goby

Firefish

Pearly Jawfish

Psychedelic Mandarin (When the tank is more established)

2 Orange Lined Cardinalfishes

Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

Filamented Flasher Wrasse

Sunburst Anthias

Possible Additions:

Tiger Goby

that is a pretty good fish choice although the tangs may get aggresive or just scare the smaller gobies and the royal grammas can get mean from what i have heard so i would take the gramma off and maybe for some of the smaller gobies make it so there is two or three of them. also i have heard that anthias and flasher wrasse may fight because they both feed in the water coloumn but im not sure. i have a good article on sunburst anthias just give me a bit to find it. the blennies might also be mean but i do know of some pretty cool blennies that are at the inlet i go snorkling at that i could get some for u. let me ID them first.

In a big tank the gramma will be much less aggressive. The sunbursts will most likely be too shy, and not come out with the bigger fish.

animalmaster6
that is a pretty good fish choice although the tangs may get aggresive or just scare the smaller gobies and the royal grammas can get mean from what i have heard so i would take the gramma off and maybe for some of the smaller gobies make it so there is two or three of them. also i have heard that anthias and flasher wrasse may fight because they both feed in the water coloumn but im not sure. i have a good article on sunburst anthias just give me a bit to find it. the blennies might also be mean but i do know of some pretty cool blennies that are at the inlet i go snorkling at that i could get some for u. let me ID them first.

I was a little worried about the tangs but I think it will be fine. I most likely wont get the Tiger Goby. Too many small gobies fighting.

I had a Royal Gramma with a Greenabnded Goby in my 12G and they were fine until I got ich :(

I was going to get Lyrtail Anthias. I figured they would fight and kill the flasher. So... I decided on the Sunburst. They are super peaceful! Meant to be with more epaceful fish.

The blennies I'm getting are super peacefuL! The Red Spot is my all time fav fish. The Barnacles are the most peaceful blenny I heard. bThanks for the oppurtunity on th blennies though!

As far as tangs I've spent hours and hours researching the best and most peaceful ones. I think they wont harm the small gobies as much as you think.

The sunbursts will most likely be too shy, and not come out with the bigger fish.

not if u add them first and same goes for the mandrin i would add him before the tangs and the blennies just in case.

animalmaster6
In a big tank the gramma will be much less aggressive. The sunbursts will most likely be too shy, and not come out with the bigger fish.

That's wat I thought about the Royal Gramma.

I heard if you have tangs with sunbursts, the sunbursts will swim at the bottom of the tank. Is this true?

not if u add them first and same goes for the mandrin i would add him before the tangs and the blennies just in case.

Im adding the Mandarin 8 months later so dats not an option cause Im not having a refugium

O ya Im adding the Sunburst first with the small gobies

That's wat I thought about the Royal Gramma.

I heard if you have tangs with sunbursts, the sunbursts will swim at the bottom of the tank. Is this true?

Im adding the Mandarin 8 months later so dats not an option cause Im not having a refugium

O ya Im adding the Sunburst first with the small gobies

Definitely add the sunbursts first.. Don't worry about the mandarin. It stays on the rocks so there shouldn't be aggression problems.

animalmaster6
Definitely add the sunbursts first.. Don't worry about the mandarin. It stays on the rocks so there shouldn't be aggression problems.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the help Nemo!

That's what I thought. Thanks for the help Nemo!

No problem. I'm getting a 120 and I did lots of research on my fish list too...

i dont think the samll gonbies would fight much and also i think u should add a pair of neon or sharp nose gobies and maybe instead of tiger gobies a red head goby or a trimma or eviota goby. maybe u could see if u could get a saifin blenny :)

animalmaster6
i dont think the samll gonbies would fight much and also i think u should add a pair of neon or sharp nose gobies and maybe instead of tiger gobies a red head goby or a trimma or eviota goby. maybe u could see if u could get a saifin blenny :)

LOL! I thought you said to lay off all the small gobies lol.

I would LOVE to get a pair of Neon Gobies or Sharknose Gobies could I do it?

Also, no Red Head Goby for me. I originally wanted one but I was told it would fight with the Greenabnded Goby and they would kille ach other. :( I wanted one sooooooo badly! Sorry Weeber. No other blennies. I have a high enough fish load. it's killijng me not to get a Tailspot Blenny lol

Does anybody else think I can get any more really small gobies? This is really important! Gobies are my all time favorite fishes! Please Help!

gobies are awesome and i think you could have a neon pair but i like shark noses better and they would be fine also a good substitute for the baracle blennies wouyld be two or 3 pike blennies which have recently come into the trade and are supposed to behave the same but are way cooler and they are supposed to have really cool territorial displays but that are not to heated and they usually just swim away from what i heard. the only problem would be they are still not to common but they are around the same price. and same with the sailfin bellenies but im not sure if they are as peaceful

animalmaster6
gobies are awesome and i think you could have a neon pair but i like shark noses better and they would be fine also a good substitute for the baracle blennies wouyld be two or 3 pike blennies which have recently come into the trade and are supposed to behave the same but are way cooler and they are supposed to have really cool territorial displays but that are not to heated and they usually just swim away from what i heard. the only problem would be they are still not to common but they are around the same price. and same with the sailfin bellenies but im not sure if they are as peaceful

Thanks!

I LOVE Pike Blennies so much!

I really wanted them but I dobnt know much about them or their behavior. I also know they are almost impossible to get. They are much better than Barnacles imo and I really like barnacles!

animalmaster6
looking forward to seeing this animalmaster6

exciting paint faster!!!(please)

Thanks!

My mom is trying as fast as possible lol MUST GO FASTER!

animalmaster6
LOL! I thought you said to lay off all the small gobies lol.

I would LOVE to get a pair of Neon Gobies or Sharknose Gobies could I do it?

Also, no Red Head Goby for me. I originally wanted one but I was told it would fight with the Greenabnded Goby and they would kille ach other. :( I wanted one sooooooo badly! Sorry Weeber. No other blennies. I have a high enough fish load. it's killijng me not to get a Tailspot Blenny lol

Does anybody else think I can get any more really small gobies? This is really important! Gobies are my all time favorite fishes! Please Help!

Anybody? I really need help!

Archived