Top Shelf Aquatics

Animalmaster6's Aquatic Ramblings and Endless Quest for Water

animalmaster6

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50# of dry rock is a pretty large amount. Now as always Pic's or it didn't happen. will need closed box, open box, emptied box. Rock set out on the floor so we can see just how much you ended up with.

animalmaster6

As always Bitts, there will be a pic overload ;)

I might try doing 3-4 pics at a time though. It will probably take less time that way.

Like my new sig?

First switch to picasso. I've done 20 30 some times 100 pic uploads in minuets. It really does matter which software & site you do things with. I would go so far as to set up an alt gmail account as AnimalMaster & have it be dedicated to you fish stuff. You can never have to much extra storage. Hell the only stuff I back up onto a hard drive I had to buy. Is the stuff that I can't up load, due to size, even when zipped.

The new sig is a lot cleaner. :)

Nice sig..I need a pic in mine too...hmm which one?

Bitts with my photobucket account I;ve doen 55 pics for my mom in 10 minutes

I've been away a while.... I expected to come back and you to have an amazing 125 all beautiful and whatnot... Glad I didn't miss anything though ;)

animalmaster6
First switch to picasso. I've done 20 30 some times 100 pic uploads in minuets. It really does matter which software & site you do things with. I would go so far as to set up an alt gmail account as AnimalMaster & have it be dedicated to you fish stuff. You can never have to much extra storage. Hell the only stuff I back up onto a hard drive I had to buy. Is the stuff that I can't up load, due to size, even when zipped.

The new sig is a lot cleaner. :)

That's a good idea. I have a Comcast.net email that I use for everything. It's organized with folders and everything. Pretty great actually!

I love the new sig. The new one that will be up once that 125 has water will still look clean, but 10x more awesome.

I've been away a while.... I expected to come back and you to have an amazing 125 all beautiful and whatnot... Glad I didn't miss anything though ;)

Hey Bam!

I've made plenty of progress ;)

Haven't seen you in a long while. How are your tanks?

howdy

since I am getting very close to getting my tank setup I need some help with my stocking options here is a list and since you are so good at fish I need your opinions lol

Longnose Hawkfish

Pair of True percs, maybe picasso

Royal Gramma

Blue Chromis

Firefish

Flame Angel

Yellow Hi fin goby

blue or yellow tail damsel

any combination of the above i need help deciding on

I am leaning toward

longnose Hawk

pair of percs

damsel

I want a cleaner or banded coral shrimp but I am worried about the longnose hawk do you think it wouldn't eat them since they are recognized as beneficial?

animalmaster6
howdy

since I am getting very close to getting my tank setup I need some help with my stocking options here is a list and since you are so good at fish I need your opinions lol

Longnose Hawkfish

Pair of True percs, maybe picasso

Royal Gramma

Blue Chromis

Firefish

Flame Angel

Yellow Hi fin goby

blue or yellow tail damsel

any combination of the above i need help deciding on

I am leaning toward

longnose Hawk

pair of percs

damsel

I want a cleaner or banded coral shrimp but I am worried about the longnose hawk do you think it wouldn't eat them since they are recognized as beneficial?

What sized tank?

Oh please say a ten. It would just so fit with the other things that have been posted lately.

sorry its to early but AM should be able to touch on it. Are the clowns & damsel to closely shaped, related, what ever. leading them to possibly have problems.

animalmaster6
Oh yes, forget to mention that small fact, it is a BC 29 .

:)

Hmm.

Those three would work in a 29. I would get a bigger species of damsel though (Blue Devil is an example) rather than a smaller one (Yellowtail, Three Stripe) because the hawk would eat it.

Also make sure to get the clownfish, then the hawkfish, then the damsel.

Clowns and damsels usually will be scrappy towards each other but it won't be too bad if you add the damsel after the clowns :)

My goal is pretty much like everyone else, bottom-mid and top level dwellers, color spectrum of orange, blue, red, yellow or any vibrant but balancing color.

I ran into a problem with a blue fish the only ones I know are Blue Reef Chromis and all the different types of Blue Damsels.

I don't want to push the envelope with over 4 fish, that is max out. I am really debating on wether a pair or a single clown is better.

This what I know for sure I will get:

1-2 Clownfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Up in the air 2-3 other fish if I get only 1 clown.

Royal Gramma

Firefish/Dartfish

Goby/Blenny

Damsel/Chromis.

also since I can get a free/collected Banded coral shrimp I will try with the hawk. heard they are nippy so I hope it can hold its own against the hawk and it will be very large.

animalmaster6

I honestly think the 2 clowns, damsel, and hawk will work. Just take a little bit of caution.

As for the Coral Banded, get him large or he will be eaten. That's what will happen with hawkfish. The Longnose will get big too so the Coral Banded should be removed a while after if the hawk gets too big.

I might replace the damsel with a royal gramma, and after the cycle the gamma or clown will be first fish in the tank since they are pretty hardy I read.

thanks for helping me! B)

animalmaster6
I might replace the damsel with a royal gramma, and after the cycle the gamma or clown will be first fish in the tank since they are pretty hardy I read.

thanks for helping me! B)

Glad to help!

Hey AM, ETA on when the rock will arrive?

Tomorrow hopefully.

Cheapreef27
Lots and Lots...thousands :lol:

I was thinking some insane figure. Dont think he could spare 200 and send it to me, could he? ;)

Archived