Pod Your Reef

Animalmaster6's Aquatic Ramblings and Endless Quest for Water

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

FTS December 26, 2009

saltwaterpics3016.jpg

===============================================================

It all started around 10 months ago. I fell in love with the saltwater aquarium world. Then 2 months later... IT HAPPENED! My 1st tank was right around the corner. Then for my birthday i got it. I got my 12 Gallon Eclipse Cube (see tank thread in signature!). I have had many ups and downs. A whole lot more upps then downs. We lost 3 fish from ich but there was still a light to go on... The Goby/Shrimp pair! They are so amazing. Then i tried breeding two Red Banded Pistol Shrimps and again i had success at the hobby. Everything has been going great for months! A little before 2 months ago, I got the bug... the Upgrade Bug!!! I wanted a larger tank to have 10 times more corals, fish and invertabrates. Well, my Dad agreed on this and we were going to get a 90 G tank. I was extremely excited to have a large tank :happy:

1 week ago. Good friends of my Mom's called and said good friends of their's are getting rid of their 125 Gallon tank. They were giving it to us for... FREE! My Dad agreed since it was free to get it! It turns out he had a 180 Gallon and a 150 Gallon. He got overwhelmed with all the tanks. So he decided to get rid of it. Lucky me! So here i am with a free 125 Gallon!

It turns out the man that gave us the tank is a part of the Boston Reefers Association. I was going to join it when the tank was up and running so i could get discounts on rare, nice, and cool corals, fish and inverts. He told us we can get equipment like stands there. So the tank will be up sooner than expected!

Equipment:

Tank- 72x18x24 Glass 125 Gallon Aquarium

Stand- 72x19x38 Red Cherry Oak Stand

Skimmer- AquaC EV-400 with Mag-Drive 18

RO/DI Unit- AquaFX 4 stage RO/DI Unit

Sump/Refugium- Berlin Refugium 45 with Compact Refugium Light.

Powerheads- VorTech mp20 x2/ 2 Maxi-Jet 1200 Mods

Over Flow- CSR CS202 Over Flow

Livestock:

Animalmaster6

It's worth it for page 100 :bowdown: Not just for the thread for the 125g build itself. All this waiting is going to make it incredible. All this time I've been studying up and it's almost time :)

We made it to pg 100. Epic. Our thread of knoweledge, hilarity, and reef is awesome :happy:

HUGE thanks to Nanoreef-R and Bitts who aren't here. They were always in here. So many other people to thank like Pismo, Opy, MJ, Jacob, Nemo Niblets, Weeber, CK, Oceanus, G2E, Violonist, Nemmy, Hlander, JT, Bamato, Nanobuds, Guia, Blue Lorax, and so so many more people.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
Should be sweet, congrats on getting this going, well almost anyway :)

Thanks!

I am starting to work on it tomorrow. It has a TON of leftover coralline!

animalmaster6

PICS omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

A side view

saltwaterpics3019.jpg

A shot of the wood rim

saltwaterpics3020.jpg

The top of the tank NO JUMPERS!

saltwaterpics3018.jpg

The tank is covered in coralline

saltwaterpics3017.jpg

saltwaterpics3021.jpg

What do you think?

That light selection is nice, it will take two of those fixtures fo that tank. That is over 1600 dollars! You can buy a complete 120 system off craigslist for that kind of money.

animalmaster6
That light selection is nice, it will take two of those fixtures fo that tank. That is over 1600 dollars! You can buy a complete 120 system off craigslist for that kind of money.

haha It is expensive! I heard from a friend if you start with electronic ballast it will fit my tank almost perfectly and I won't have to get two. Hopefully that is the case!

I might just get lights through Boston Reefers. They have really good prices! I'm getting a stand from them.

animalmaster6

The battle between Coralline and me are in full swing!

Coralline-:owned::scarry:

Me - :)fingerscrossed

I think I'm winning the battle :) I've gotten almost all out except for the large patch who is nearly impossible to get out. Time to get workin <_<

animalmaster6

So I got pretty much all the coralline off except one large aptch which seems impossible to get off!

Will work and hopefully finish it tonight. PICS TO COME!

animalmaster6

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I just got off the phone with Vividaquariums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really long conversation about good lighting and I found my light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is!

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp...Code=05-6304-01

I didn't even see it and It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also got all the coralline off. And I'm getting a stand probably this weekend!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

animalmaster6
Yay! Good luck!

Thanks!

Nice light!

Thanks Jacob! I eally like it and I hope I can get it!

tagging along

in ur one tank u hav ethe same volume as both of mine </3

are u jus gna have one MH over that tank?

Thanks East! haha. 125G is HUGE! We were going to get a 90G but when we had the chance to get a 125G for free we had to take it!

THe Belize Sun( light fixture I want) has MH and T5 Lunar Actinics. Just wat I wanted.

It means a lot that you are tagging along :)

Thanks for commenting everybody.

UPDATE

I should be getting a stand this weak. My Dad is out of town and is coming home tomorrow and he said he found a really nice stand online. THis could be the start of something...

• 2 weeks later...
animalmaster6

Wow! Im getting all sorts of action all the sudden :happy:

Very exciting!!

That light is expensive!!

Too expenive! I should be ordering that in a week or two

omgomgomg

Yes! omgomgomg is right!

Where's the pics my dude?

(1000th post)

Congrats on the 1000!

No updates. Just an empty dirty tank.

Pix omgomgomg

Same relpy as Codeman

UPDATE

There currently is no update. I decided to paint the room the tank is going in because my mom hates the wallpaper and we were supposed to get rid of it years ago. My mom and dad got divorced a long while ago and they still live in the same house with me so that is why we haven't changed the wallpaper. Anyways, we are finally painting the place! Yes! It is being worked on as I type this!

So obviously we cant get the stand until at least the wall that the tank's going on is painted. I should order the stand in a little less than a week. yay! Derectly after that we are ordering the light and so forth.

Thanks for all support! I have made so many plans on the final fish list and the corals I want. I am also planning to get a frag tank at some point.

Archived