Coral Vue Hydros

first cold water tank

bradisfun

so i live in South Australia, Australia (of course) and i would like to start a "locail" rock pool tank wih stuff collected from around SA. but SA only has cold waters so i was wonder if i would need a chiller, and if i do could i use a "travel cooler" with the lid offand liend with acrilic

i'm not shure what would be in the tank but i no that there is a reef thing around where my dads patner lives and that she goes snorkling there and can easly get to the whole reef eith out having to scuba dive

so i could probaly tank a few thing from there every few months :mellow:-_-:happy::P:D:lol:

thanks brad

so i live in South Australia, Australia (of course) and i would like to start a "locail" rock pool tank wih stuff collected from around SA. but SA only has cold waters so i was wonder if i would need a chiller, and if i do could i use a "travel cooler" with the lid offand liend with acrilic

i'm not shure what would be in the tank but i no that there is a reef thing around where my dads patner lives and that she goes snorkling there and can easly get to the whole reef eith out having to scuba dive

so i could probaly tank a few thing from there every few months :mellow:-_-:happy::P:D:lol:

thanks brad

It is best to use a chiller. That way you have greater control over your tank temperature. It also takes

all the guess work out of experimenting how to keep your tank cool. You are fortunate to

live in Australia you have a lot of really cool stuff to potentially keep.

H

well i don't really want to go with a chiller cos i cant get small chillers the cheapest chiller i can get from LFS and over the internet is $400 rated at 150 gallons

so i don't really want to go with a chiller and if i did i wouldn't be allowed because my dad would hate! "ANOTHER BIG TAKE!" (not that i evan have a big tank he just thinks that more that 10 gallons is big,my bigest tank is a standerd 3 foot and he thinks that it's huge)

this i why i asked if i could use a "travel chiller" with the lid off (cos they are small and cheap)

if i went with this i would put an DIY acrilic part over the meatel

i will try to get a link but i'm useing a mac and it's really hard

You can use 2 Coolworks Ice Probes like

I used on my 5.5 Gal. My temp was stable

Just under 60 F. I was able to keep my

Waratah anenomes quite happy. Summer

and warmer months may be too

much for this cooling system. Also you can

insulate your tank with styrofoam to keep

it cooler. Good luck. Feel free ask more

questions.

H

You can use 2 Coolworks Ice Probes like

I used on my 5.5 Gal. My temp was stable

Just under 60 F. I was able to keep my

Waratah anenomes quite happy. Summer

and warmer months may be too

much for this cooling system. Also you can

insulate your tank with styrofoam to keep

it cooler. Good luck. Feel free ask more

questions.

H

can i have a link to your thread PLZ oh and in the summer it gets to 42ish degrees c

but i saw some small fish swiming around in a very cold beach and that a massive rock pool became acseable as the tide went up and this rook pool was very warm and they were just swiming frely around between the two and changeing around but this rool pool would have been just as or hotter that all mt tropcal tanks and reefs

what do u guys think

ps i need that thread as i really want a cold waer tank soon

Archived