robpardee

robpardee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 20 Sep 2007
  • Columbus, Oh

Hi,

I was looking over the packages that are available and I really like the new NET package but the only thing I am noticing that all the packges only come with the SL1 unit. I personally am interested in only the new SL2 unit and I have noticed that there is a pretty good savings when ordering a bundle as opposed to ordering everything seperately. I was just wondering if you are able to put together a kit like he RKL NET except with the SL2 instead of the SL1 and a similar good price for buying the package? Or are there plans to assemble a kit with the SL2?

Also, does the reefkeeper lite allow the attachement and control of noctural lights, if purchased seperately, without a seperate module?

Thank you

gregzbobo

gregzbobo

Nano Nano

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Joined 18 Dec 2005
  • Oklahoma City

Hi,

I was looking over the packages that are available and I really like the new NET package but the only thing I am noticing that all the packges only come with the SL1 unit. I personally am interested in only the new SL2 unit and I have noticed that there is a pretty good savings when ordering a bundle as opposed to ordering everything seperately. I was just wondering if you are able to put together a kit like he RKL NET except with the SL2 instead of the SL1 and a similar good price for buying the package? Or are there plans to assemble a kit with the SL2?

Also, does the reefkeeper lite allow the attachement and control of noctural lights, if purchased seperately, without a seperate module?

Thank you

http://www.nano-reef...?...t&p=2545409

:(

As for the nocturnal lights, if you have an open outlet on the PC4 and they use an AC plug/adapter, I imagine the best you can get is a timer function, without the separate module.

robpardee

robpardee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 20 Sep 2007
  • Columbus, Oh
I see that they said that the sl2 was too expensive to package but according to their store it says that it is only $10 more than the sl1, 69 for sl1 and 79 for sl2. Id pay the 10 more dollars for a kit with that instead of the sl1. Just wondering.

And im glad that I asked about the lunar lights because I thought that if u bought their lunar lights you could just plug them into one of the controllers that came in the kit and then it would run them.

gregzbobo

gregzbobo

Nano Nano

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Joined 18 Dec 2005
  • Oklahoma City

I see that they said that the sl2 was too expensive to package but according to their store it says that it is only $10 more than the sl1, 69 for sl1 and 79 for sl2. Id pay the 10 more dollars for a kit with that instead of the sl1. Just wondering.

And im glad that I asked about the lunar lights because I thought that if u bought their lunar lights you could just plug them into one of the controllers that came in the kit and then it would run them.

I'd pay the ten more also. Keep in mind though, the SL2 salinity probe isn't included with the module, its a separate item.

cantkeepmedown

cantkeepmedown

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 07 Dec 2009
They do not and will not include the SL2 in any RKL packages per DA.

robpardee

robpardee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 20 Sep 2007
  • Columbus, Oh
Yeah, I know the probe isn't included but that's ok :happy: , the ORP from the SL1 isn't included either.

cantkeepmedown: Obviously, they said that already, I'm not so concerned with that anymore, I was asking why with the $10 difference between the two they couldn't do the package.

Edited by robpardee, 08 December 2009 - 11:31 AM.

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
The fact is it's not a $10 difference... It's much more than that. However we've priced the SL2 as if it was in a package even if it's purchased separately. So the discount is given to everyone. If we were to price it completely based on cost, it would have retailed around 89.99-94.99. BUT, because we knew how many current customers would want to add it we priced it lower to help the masses. This just means, no packages with the SL2.

It's also the reason for the basic level units. That allows for a mix and match approach.

Scott
DA
The next generation in advanced aquarium controller!
www.digitalaquatics.com

robpardee

robpardee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 20 Sep 2007
  • Columbus, Oh
That makes sense, I understand. :happy: Cool, well, then Ill just have to get all the components seperate starting with the basic. It just seemed more expensive to do it that way that's why I was looking into the possibility of the SL2 package.

Thanks!

Mak_Soog

Mak_Soog

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 06 Dec 2010
  • US
lovely package

love to get mine done when i get my softcopy

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
Pricing update
The next generation in advanced aquarium controller!
www.digitalaquatics.com