Cultivated Reef

Two New Pics:)

Puffer1

that's one ugly mofo! i like 'em =D. looks lonely though... you should put some damsels in there for him to play with... or maybe some golf fish... mwuhahhahahah...

I had mine in a 6 eclipse for quite awhile and then moved up to a 10. My painted is full grown now and I just put him into a 29. 29 is a little big but a 10 or 15 gallon would be perfect for long term. I just added an arc-eye hawkfish to my frogfish tank. Supposed to be okay according to Scott Michael. Hope he's right. I'm keeping a close watch on things right now. The hawk is the same size as the frogfish but will eventually be a little bigger.

Janey

Dudley is indeed all the things you mentioned:) I feed him small frozen (Sally brand) silversides, and frozen (Lifeline brand) krill. I soak his food in garlic extreme by Kent. I also add Vita Chem to the food before feeding. As to how often? When he was a juvenile I feed him small amounts every other day. Now he's reaching full grown size I still feed small amounts, but usually every day......keeps him happy that way. If you overfeed the food can rot in their gut and cause them to die. Their metabolism is quite low so one must be careful. Once in a while I skip a day in feeding, but not too often. If you feed them larger amounts of food such as a live feeder chromis then 3 to 4 times a week is plenty. They also like live feeder shrimp or peppermint shrimp once in a while. I tend to not feed anything live as I think that's how I lost my white warty. Unbeknownst to me I think he picked up a parasite from one of the feeders. Dudley has never eaten live food. Also, never feed a frogfish anything longer than 1/2 there body length......not good for them. Also they can inhale air and die not being able to expell it. Always bag them and release them under water. HTH

Archived