Coral Vue Hydros

Wawawang's 5g AIO

Wawawang

saw this tank in person recently. looks better in person even tho there pics make it look sick and new 57 gallon is amazing

Thanks,

I seem to always get the white balance off when taking pics of the tank. Damn LED's only lit tanks are tuff to take pictures of.

Also a couple things I observed with this led setup:

-no coraline algae grows at all, not on the glass, non on the false wall, non on the rocks.

-nuisance algae is almost non existent

-clean the glass almost once every 2 months, algae jsut doesnt grow on the glass for some reason

-i tried growing sps frags but they brown and they dont grow

-lps grows but its slow

-coral colors are ok

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the planted look. Just looks like weeds to me. I liked it in your earlier pictures with the Torch and GSP and such. Looked good then. Now it isn't my kind of tank.

I don't like the planted look. Just looks like weeds to me. I liked it in your earlier pictures with the Torch and GSP and such. Looked good then. Now it isn't my kind of tank.

lol

lol

haha. I'm not bashing his tank. Its just not something I would have in my house or look at for more than a minute. I've never liked the look. I'd rather look at a bunch of coral and livestock.

The custom pico is pretty sweet tho.

haha. I'm not bashing his tank. Its just not something I would have in my house or look at for more than a minute. I've never liked the look. I'd rather look at a bunch of coral and livestock.

The custom pico is pretty sweet tho.

I understand that. Thats why i have my 57g reef tank. This is my 2nd tank so I wanted something a little different. There is something about plants you don't get from corals.

I am setting up a small mantis tank myself-now I know what to design it after :happy:

Thanks man. Loving your mangrove build. I know you have a appreciation for planted tanks as well and it shows in your tank builds.

Whats funny is I was kayaking on the James river and found an island where i pulled up and fished off of. It had tons of drift wood- roots on the beach that i took and im just too chicken to put it in any tank cause of the pollution in the james river.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i dont care what everyone else says ;)

ur tank looks great no matter what Aqua scape

I love my Par 38's! Can't wait to see if Rapid LED makes a newer model sometime b/c the technology has changed so much, I'm hopefully about to set up a Eco Pico with a PAR 38 to go along with my big tank which has 3 and about to have 4, I find that setting up and planning tanks is just as much fun as keeping them maybe even more! :P

• 3 months later...
Thanks guys.

I changed the tank a bit. Wanted to share some new pics with you guys.

_MG_1578.jpg

_MG_1583.jpg

Hey dude, do you think you could do a quick write up on the equipment in this tank? Like, what filtration method you use, any dosing, what light do you use? Etc..

I would greatly appreciate it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived