ReefCleaners.org

Wawawang's 5g AIO

Wawawang

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this tank. You're just using it as a QT, but I would be happy if this were my one and only tank!

The open space and simplicity really makes it tranquil. And the set up is so clean and flawless. I like it so much that I'd like to copy it, down to the hamster bottles.

I do have a newbie question. Is there no heater in this tank? Is there a heater that would fit in that tiny sump?

I love this tank. You're just using it as a QT, but I would be happy if this were my one and only tank!

The open space and simplicity really makes it tranquil. And the set up is so clean and flawless. I like it so much that I'd like to copy it, down to the hamster bottles.

I do have a newbie question. Is there no heater in this tank? Is there a heater that would fit in that tiny sump?

Thanks. That is why I post my build on the aquarium showcase so I can share my ideas and setup with you guys. Im happy you would like to copy it, its nice to help picoaquariums.com (deli) get sponsered. Yes there is a heater. I have a 50w visitherm deluxe and it fits perfect in the overflow chamber.

I read the sticky on taking internet 'facts' with a grain of salt, but I still want to ask.

How does that livestock configuration work?

I've heard that torches will prevent the GSP from taking over the whole rock, but is there any deleterious effect from both of the corals constantly fighting?

Also, how does a single damsel fare in the picotope? I've seen them in pictures of picotopes all over this site but a lot of the articles I'm reading recommend putting them in a 10g. Also, I've seen some yellowtail damsels get pretty big. Are you planning on moving him out, or is that his permanent home?

I ordered the Par38 20k. I didn't get the Red LED upgrade but I'm really curious to see how much a red LED will affect the colors of red inverts.

I read the sticky on taking internet 'facts' with a grain of salt, but I still want to ask.

How does that livestock configuration work?

I've heard that torches will prevent the GSP from taking over the whole rock, but is there any deleterious effect from both of the corals constantly fighting?

Also, how does a single damsel fare in the picotope? I've seen them in pictures of picotopes all over this site but a lot of the articles I'm reading recommend putting them in a 10g. Also, I've seen some yellowtail damsels get pretty big. Are you planning on moving him out, or is that his permanent home?

I ordered the Par38 20k. I didn't get the Red LED upgrade but I'm really curious to see how much a red LED will affect the colors of red inverts.

The torch keeps the xenia and gsp in check. The sweepers will kill them off if they touch. I wanted it this way since i didnt want the gsp to grow on the black acrylic. There is about a 2 inch area surrounding the torch's so it can spread out. So far there is no effect to the tank as a whole since its been setup. the gsp is growing and the xenia is happy as long as the torch is not in direct contact.

The damsal will be fine ive seen them in the 3 gallon picos packed full of corals. In my tank i have plenty of swimming room and the fish is very happy. nope no plans on moving him out im positive he will be fine.

Im not sure about the red bulb i remember someone saying the red bulb can give you a headache from looking at the tank with it. Im not sure why but i do remember that.

How do you have the ATO secured in there?

The ato is leaning against the 2 chamber walls and the actual plumbing for the return. So it is held up by three points.

• 4 weeks later...
Deleted User 6
Its weird how it came out purpleish. Must have happened when I uploaded and converted it to photobucket. This lamp is the 20k par38.

Mine always comes out purplish too for some reason. It's def. 20k irl though.

Great idea for a small AIO QT.

• 1 month later...
Naturalreef

That is just plain flippin cool!! I love the lamp shade idea with the par 38! I also love the 20k look to a tank. Evil did a great job with those lamps. What kind of par are we talking about with the par38 around 12-14 inches above the water?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks everyone.

Final took some pics of the small tank. Things have changed for the better IMO. I love the look of this tank. Reminds me of a fresh water planted. Has a foreground, midground, and background.

IMG_7697.jpg

FTS

IMG_7692.jpg

Side tank shot

IMG_7690.jpg

Rolling grassy hills

IMG_7710.jpg

Happy trees

IMG_7707.jpg

Archived