Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and thought a good way to start out would be to start a thread about my tanks.

This is my 29g Biocube Reef

29g Oceanic BioCube (About 6-7 months old)

Oceanic BioCube Protein Skimmer

4 Nova 20" T5 Fixtures (in hood)

4 White LED Strips (9 bulbs per strip)

150wtt Visi-Therm Heater

Modded filtration with liverock instead of bioballs

Approx. 3-5 lbs of livesand

Approx. 21 lbs of liverock

Fish:

x2 Tank-Bred Ocellaris Clownfish

x1 Helfrichi Firefish

x1 Green Mandarin

x3 Copperband Cardinalfish

Inverts:

x1 Blood Shrimp

x1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

x2 Sexy Shrimp

x1 Grey and Orange Feather Starfish (2yrs old in captivity)

x1 Muscle

Coral:

Green and Grey Cyphastrea

Meteorite Cyphastrea

Purple Polyp Cap.

Pink Edged- Green Montipora

Montipora Sp.

Kenya Tree

Rhizotrochus Typus

Darth Maul Porites

Mind Bender Chalice

Red Fungia Plate

Brain Coral

Orange and Green Acan Lords

Green Tipped Toadstool

Green Star Polyps

Tan Star Polyps

Neon Green Candycane Coral

Pink and Green Candycane coral

Purple Tipped Table Acro

Acro Sp. (a few)

Orange Digitata

Pink Milli.

Milli Sp.

Blastomusa Wellsi

Tubbs Blues Zoas

Watermelon Zoas

Green Zombie(?) Zoas

Sunset Zoas

Red and Black Japanese Palys

Purple and Yellow Japanese Palys

A few unknown tiny frags I picked up for free.

And probably a few that skipped my mind for the moment.

FTS:

_DSC0077.jpg

Fungia Plate:

DSC_0082.jpg

Feather Star:

Now, before you go crazy about this, take into consideration that he is over 2yrs old IN CAPTIVITY. :happy:

DSC_0002.jpg

Darth Maul Porites:

_DSC0204.jpg

They look like this up close: (not my pic)

Darth_Maul_Porit_4aa44be9dbb57.jpg

Copperband Cardinals: (there are three and this is a bad pic)

SANY0086.jpg

Rhizo:

SANY0034.jpg

What do you think?

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like it. i like it a lot. awesome starfish and fungia. do you really like that colt and athelia? looks like a lot of prime real estate there...

you don't have any bongo shrimp...

i like it. i like it a lot. awesome starfish and fungia. do you really like that colt and athelia? looks like a lot of prime real estate there...

you don't have any bongo shrimp...

Sorry but which corals are you talking about "colt and anthelia"? I think you are mistaking them for something else.

And I do happen to have two bongo shrimp- see here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2533381

I got the feather star from my LFS's wholesaler who had it in a display for about 9 months. We (my LFS, their wholesaler, and I) believe that it eats cyclopeeze. I also feed rotifers and DTs. It is just a freak thing that it is able to live in my tank. All feather stars (distinguishable by different colors) eat something different. Therefore it is almost impossible to keep one. Even if you found the exact same one I have, you may not be able to keep it alive for whatever reason. I really truly wish I had a "cure all" solution for how to keep a feather star. But I do not.

I know it is tough seeing that I am able to keep a feather star, but I and I'm sure many others agree that you should not try to keep a feather star. It is just a lucky, freak thing that I am able to do it.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the feather star and I will do my best to answer them as fully as I can.

animalmaster6
Just bought a pair of Coral Croucher Gobies from Liveaquaria! Will post pics when they get here.

Your Tank is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the feather Star! When u said on ur other tank thread u let the Bongo Shrimps out of there cages, did u mean u put them in this tank? And u got 3 more for ur other tank? Anyways, both ur tanks ar absolutely amazing!!!

BTW: Coral Crouchers are really Awesome! I know somebody who didn't see them for a year at a time. SO if they are gone for a year don't think they are dead.

Wow thanks. When I said I let the bongo shrimp out, I meant I let them into the other tank, the lagoon tank. They were being kept in a specimen container so I could oversee them but now they are in the main display tank. I was getting three but one died before they were shipped out so now I will be getting two more. They will be going into the lagoon tank along with the others.

The only thing I'm worried about with the coral crouchers is getting stung. Although I heard it is unlikely to happen.

animalmaster6
Wow thanks. When I said I let the bongo shrimp out, I meant I let them into the other tank, the lagoon tank. They were being kept in a specimen container so I could oversee them but now they are in the main display tank. I was getting three but one died before they were shipped out so now I will be getting two more. They will be going into the lagoon tank along with the others.

The only thing I'm worried about with the coral crouchers is getting stung. Although I heard it is unlikely to happen.

cool! I LOVE Bongo Shrimp even though i've never seen one until i saw ur threads. :lol:

I wouldn't worry about gettin stung by them. They hide a lot especially when u are doin mainteneace. If they do sting u just wash it out with warm water and soap. It hurts no more than a bee sting.

Archived