inTank Media Baskets

Mr. Microscope's JBJ Picotope

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope
I was 100% making a "good luck CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFF?" joke :P More important part of my post: can't wait to see the next reincarnation!

:lol::wacko: Sorry, I'm dense sometimes. :lol:

Hey, 1200 posts!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alfiefive
:lol::wacko: Sorry, I'm dense sometimes. :lol:

Hey, 1200 posts!

No worries, I'm deadpan too often. I try to use the smilies to make sure nobody thinks I'm serious.

Mr. Microscope

I have the same problem. My wife thinks I skipped the part of my development. :rolleyes:

paratiddies

Congrats on the new job, but I'm sad to see this tank go. I pretty much read through this entire thread when I started lurking here and learned quite a bit from it - I'm looking forward to seeing your next project

Mr. Microscope
Congrats on the new job, but I'm sad to see this tank go. I pretty much read through this entire thread when I started lurking here and learned quite a bit from it - I'm looking forward to seeing your next project

Thanks paratiddies! I tried to make my thread as comprehensive as possible so that I could go back and track progress. I'm glad you could learn from it too.

dskrezyna

Im a Chicago reefer too! I will be happy to direct you to a few Chicago reef forums when youre here. Just send me a PM or I will send them to you.

Good luck with your new job!

Cheapreef27

Id have to say, the best LFS in the entire city of Chicago, is Aquatic World, on 2029 W Belmont. Great place, with lots of beautiful livestock, but a little pricey. Where in Chicago are you moving?

Mr. Microscope
Im a Chicago reefer too! I will be happy to direct you to a few Chicago reef forums when youre here. Just send me a PM or I will send them to you.

Good luck with your new job!

Awesome! I didn't know about the chicagoreefs site. Thanks! I joined up already to check it out.

Id have to say, the best LFS in the entire city of Chicago, is Aquatic World, on 2029 W Belmont. Great place, with lots of beautiful livestock, but a little pricey. Where in Chicago are you moving?

LOL! I went past that place when I was in town for a wedding last week. It did look nice. Thanks for the heads-up. We'll be moving to Evanston to start. I'll be working at Northwestern.

badfish816

looking forward to the rebuild. hey now you will be only 6 hours away from me. lol. what part of chicago? i lived up there for over a year for tech school.

Drift Monkey

Sorry to see this tank go. Look forward to the rebirth...if I did it...you can too! :P

Good luck in Chi-town!

Mr. Microscope
looking forward to the rebuild. hey now you will be only 6 hours away from me. lol. what part of chicago? i lived up there for over a year for tech school.

That's practically next door! At least from a shipping standpoint. We'll have to set up a trade sometime. ;) We'll be starting out in Evanston. Since we don't have a car, I want to be within walking/biking distance of campus. Where did you go to school?

Sorry to see this tank go. Look forward to the rebirth...if I did it...you can too! :P

Good luck in Chi-town!

Thanks Drift Monkey! I can't wait to start over again.

SpainKenya

so all good things doo come to an end :( sad to see your tank empty but excited to see your next project. i saw your moving to chicago, i live in the west burbs of chicago. Maybe ill finally get a chance to see your greatness in person!

best of luck with the move!

badfish816

i went to UTI in Glendale Heights. i started out living in Wheaton, then moved to bloomingdale. i know a lot of those suburbs up there.

no problem on the trading. when you are ready to start up again i always have some hammer and candy cane for ya.

Mr. Microscope
so all good things doo come to an end :( sad to see your tank empty but excited to see your next project. i saw your moving to chicago, i live in the west burbs of chicago. Maybe ill finally get a chance to see your greatness in person!

best of luck with the move!

Thanks SpainKenya! Sounds like a plan. Maybe we can trade corals sometime. I've been reading about the giant frag swaps that have been happening in the Chicago area recently. I can't wait to see them.

i went to UTI in Glendale Heights. i started out living in Wheaton, then moved to bloomingdale. i know a lot of those suburbs up there.

no problem on the trading. when you are ready to start up again i always have some hammer and candy cane for ya.

Cheers!

Sorry to see you go Eric!!!! Once you get settled and everything let me know and I can ship out some corals to you if you need!

Mr. Microscope
Sorry to see you go Eric!!!! Once you get settled and everything let me know and I can ship out some corals to you if you need!

Sounds great kidninja! You're the best!

Stephensx04

Welcome to Chicago. Home of Crook county and highest gas prices in the country. Make youself at home.

Mr. Microscope
Welcome to Chicago. Home of Crook county and highest gas prices in the country. Make youself at home.

No worries for now. No car yet. Gonna live close to work and walk or bike. I'll need one soon though. I don't think I'll be able to take the El to all the LFS's.

Builder Anthony

I used to live about 5 blocks from midway for 24 years.I still go back to see freinds.Wacth your neighborhoods out there its no joke.

• 7 months later...

Hey Mr Microscope! I am a Chicagoland reefer here. You should try Midwest Coral Farms in Deerfield. It is a new place and really a nice facility.

I love finding new places! Let me know if you need any help settling in.

Mr. Microscope
Hey Mr Microscope! I am a Chicagoland reefer here. You should try Midwest Coral Farms in Deerfield. It is a new place and really a nice facility.

I love finding new places! Let me know if you need any help settling in.

Thanks Anthony! Poidog took me there a few months ago. By far the best place I've seen yet! Thanks for the suggestion. I look forward to going back.

Archived