1222 replies to this topic

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

I was 100% making a "good luck CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFF?" joke :P More important part of my post: can't wait to see the next reincarnation!

:lol: :wacko: Sorry, I'm dense sometimes. :lol:

Hey, 1200 posts!
74wp.png6ygv.png5cx1.pngxooo.pngxq0e.pngR2Fe5xc.gif

alfiefive

alfiefive

Corporate lawyer/pico reefer

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Joined 28 Feb 2011
  • Boston

:lol: :wacko: Sorry, I'm dense sometimes. :lol:

Hey, 1200 posts!

No worries, I'm deadpan too often. I try to use the smilies to make sure nobody thinks I'm serious.

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL
I have the same problem. My wife thinks I skipped the part of my development. :rolleyes:

paratiddies

paratiddies

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27 Dec 2010
  • DFW
Congrats on the new job, but I'm sad to see this tank go. I pretty much read through this entire thread when I started lurking here and learned quite a bit from it - I'm looking forward to seeing your next project

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

Congrats on the new job, but I'm sad to see this tank go. I pretty much read through this entire thread when I started lurking here and learned quite a bit from it - I'm looking forward to seeing your next project

Thanks paratiddies! I tried to make my thread as comprehensive as possible so that I could go back and track progress. I'm glad you could learn from it too.

dskrezyna

dskrezyna

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12 Jun 2007
  • Oak Park, IL
Im a Chicago reefer too! I will be happy to direct you to a few Chicago reef forums when youre here. Just send me a PM or I will send them to you.

Good luck with your new job!

Cheapreef27

Cheapreef27

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Joined 02 Feb 2011
  • Chicago Illinois
Id have to say, the best LFS in the entire city of Chicago, is Aquatic World, on 2029 W Belmont. Great place, with lots of beautiful livestock, but a little pricey. Where in Chicago are you moving?
Baiters gonna bait
Haters gonna hate
Waiters gonna wait
Gators gonna gate
Raters gonna rate
Laters gonna be late
Maters gonna Mate!

its actually not mine. its my brothers, im holding it until it sells.

i'm gonna tweet some #### then eat my tweet which is gunna be a retweet then i'm gonna #### my retweet all ova yo face until you can hear my retweeted #### up yo noise.

dude, it's Saturday. he's probably out bangin' hot chicks on lake michigan or something. patience.

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

Im a Chicago reefer too! I will be happy to direct you to a few Chicago reef forums when youre here. Just send me a PM or I will send them to you.

Good luck with your new job!

Awesome! I didn't know about the chicagoreefs site. Thanks! I joined up already to check it out.

Id have to say, the best LFS in the entire city of Chicago, is Aquatic World, on 2029 W Belmont. Great place, with lots of beautiful livestock, but a little pricey. Where in Chicago are you moving?

LOL! I went past that place when I was in town for a wedding last week. It did look nice. Thanks for the heads-up. We'll be moving to Evanston to start. I'll be working at Northwestern.

badfish816

badfish816

my spoon is too big!!

• Members
  • 1,499 posts
  • Joined 02 Aug 2009
  • KC, MO
looking forward to the rebuild. hey now you will be only 6 hours away from me. lol. what part of chicago? i lived up there for over a year for tech school.

badfish.jpg

32068_1376357342295_1632715631_8857.jpgbeyond pollution

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey

Monkey Reefer

• Members
  • 1,941 posts
  • Joined 17 Feb 2007
  • Austin, TX
Sorry to see this tank go. Look forward to the rebirth...if I did it...you can too! :P

Good luck in Chi-town!

Edited by Drift Monkey, 09 May 2011 - 10:16 PM.

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

looking forward to the rebuild. hey now you will be only 6 hours away from me. lol. what part of chicago? i lived up there for over a year for tech school.

That's practically next door! At least from a shipping standpoint. We'll have to set up a trade sometime. ;) We'll be starting out in Evanston. Since we don't have a car, I want to be within walking/biking distance of campus. Where did you go to school?

Sorry to see this tank go. Look forward to the rebirth...if I did it...you can too! :P

Good luck in Chi-town!

Thanks Drift Monkey! I can't wait to start over again.

SpainKenya

SpainKenya

Nano Reefer

• Banned by Moderators
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 22 Jan 2011
  • Chicago, IL
so all good things doo come to an end :( sad to see your tank empty but excited to see your next project. i saw your moving to chicago, i live in the west burbs of chicago. Maybe ill finally get a chance to see your greatness in person!

best of luck with the move!

badfish816

badfish816

my spoon is too big!!

• Members
  • 1,499 posts
  • Joined 02 Aug 2009
  • KC, MO
i went to UTI in Glendale Heights. i started out living in Wheaton, then moved to bloomingdale. i know a lot of those suburbs up there.

no problem on the trading. when you are ready to start up again i always have some hammer and candy cane for ya.

badfish.jpg

32068_1376357342295_1632715631_8857.jpgbeyond pollution

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

so all good things doo come to an end :( sad to see your tank empty but excited to see your next project. i saw your moving to chicago, i live in the west burbs of chicago. Maybe ill finally get a chance to see your greatness in person!

best of luck with the move!

Thanks SpainKenya! Sounds like a plan. Maybe we can trade corals sometime. I've been reading about the giant frag swaps that have been happening in the Chicago area recently. I can't wait to see them.

i went to UTI in Glendale Heights. i started out living in Wheaton, then moved to bloomingdale. i know a lot of those suburbs up there.

no problem on the trading. when you are ready to start up again i always have some hammer and candy cane for ya.

Cheers!

kidninja

kidninja

Nemo Assassin

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 18 Jul 2008
  • NEW YORK
Sorry to see you go Eric!!!! Once you get settled and everything let me know and I can ship out some corals to you if you need!

kidninjadark.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

Sorry to see you go Eric!!!! Once you get settled and everything let me know and I can ship out some corals to you if you need!

Sounds great kidninja! You're the best!

Stephensx04

Stephensx04

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Joined 24 Nov 2009
  • Chicago, il
Welcome to Chicago. Home of Crook county and highest gas prices in the country. Make youself at home.
Current tanks 75 Gal FW and 4 Gal pico w/ DIY Fuge

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

Welcome to Chicago. Home of Crook county and highest gas prices in the country. Make youself at home.

No worries for now. No car yet. Gonna live close to work and walk or bike. I'll need one soon though. I don't think I'll be able to take the El to all the LFS's.

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

Coral Trader

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • Joined 30 Jan 2011
  • Appleton Wisconsin
I used to live about 5 blocks from midway for 24 years.I still go back to see freinds.Wacth your neighborhoods out there its no joke.

Edited by Builder Anthony, 18 May 2011 - 06:26 PM.

Anthonys 5 Gallon
Pictures
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=267313

CarrillXXP

CarrillXXP

I'm better.

• Members
  • 1,429 posts
  • Joined 14 Apr 2011
  • Livermore, CA
Cool little tank Mr. Scope and I really dig the microscopic pictures too!
Posted Image

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

Cool little tank Mr. Scope and I really dig the microscopic pictures too!

Thanks, but it's down now.

AnthonyPf

AnthonyPf

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 25 Feb 2011
  • Elgin, IL
Hey Mr Microscope! I am a Chicagoland reefer here. You should try Midwest Coral Farms in Deerfield. It is a new place and really a nice facility.

I love finding new places! Let me know if you need any help settling in.

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 29 Sep 2009
  • Evanston, IL

Hey Mr Microscope! I am a Chicagoland reefer here. You should try Midwest Coral Farms in Deerfield. It is a new place and really a nice facility.

I love finding new places! Let me know if you need any help settling in.

Thanks Anthony! Poidog took me there a few months ago. By far the best place I've seen yet! Thanks for the suggestion. I look forward to going back.

Edited by Mr. Microscope, 11 January 2012 - 06:13 PM.