inTank Media Baskets

Reef Octopus Needlewheel 110 Protein Skimmer

Militant Jurist

I don't know the skimmer d but good luck. This is the second I've owned and it does what its suppose to do. It does great actualy!

Who makes the skimmer you picked up? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation.

Has anyone ever mod'd this skimmers air intake to regulate the bubble size. IMO it could work even better if the bubbles where small but there is no air intake adjustment.

Has anyone ever mod'd this skimmers air intake to regulate the bubble size. IMO it could work even better if the bubbles where small but there is no air intake adjustment.

Aargh! And here I am trying to figure out where the air intake adjustment is. :lol: In my defense, I just got it rolling today. :blush:

Don't wory it's great even with the large bubbles. You can see what a great job it does unaltered by my pic above. I just want to maximize the efficientcy of the skimmer.

SWC skimmers are basically the same exact design as the octopus skimmers. Most of the models you can match up by the number in the name description. I have an SWC Extreme 200 on my large tank that works great.

6b70a97d.jpg

Here is my mod for the lack of air intake control. My skimmer is no doubt running better and pulling more junk. All I did was. A price of eggcrate over the air intake. Adjusted till my bubbles looked rite for about five mins or so. Then super glued in a couple little spots. Just to hold it together.

By the way in the cup is about 24 hours worth of skim.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I hate to bring an old thread back to life but is anyone still running the 110 and what are your long term thoughts I need something for my red sea max 34 gal with sump

bwoodward0012

+1^

I'm considering this vs. an eshopps psk75 in sump, or either a BM 3+ or 3.5.

Any thoughts from 110 owners? I think I'm leaning toward the Reef Octo nwb110, though the small footprint of the BM 3.5 is a very attractive selling point.

• 1 month later...
RayWhisperer

I have the 110, though, mine is the recirc model. It's external, unlike the others posted here, so water level is not a concern. Thing skims like a summabich.

Archived