ReefCleaners.org

Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations

Christopher Marks

Polarcollision

+1 Sk8n Reefer. Most impressive is that until recently all that coral growth happened with MANUAL dosing. That's dedication right there.

• Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

Skaters gotta sk8

I may be a little late to the party, but Sk8n's got it going on. +1

Thanks evanski and TigerLily ? really appreciate it !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Paleoreef103

Holy moly... one of the nicest setups I've ever seen...

16802102628_3a0713c5eb_c.jpg

It's an incredible tank that has been set up since February. I'd prefer the tank be set up for a while before we give it tank of the month. It's buying a TOTM instead of showcasing your reefing skills.

• Like 1

It's an incredible tank that has been set up since February. I'd prefer the tank be set up for a while before we give it tank of the month. It's buying a TOTM instead of showcasing your reefing skills.

I think buying TOTM is a little harsh of a term, its not like the guy nominated himself. But I do agree, and I believe there is a restriction that the tank must be set up for at least 1 year. With that said, it is one of the more impressive tanks I have seen on this site, regardless of how long its been set up.

There is also another way you can look at it. You can set up a tank and throw thousands of dollars in frags in it and it will still look like nothing more than a frag tank. It takes just as much skill as you mentioned to have a tank running for only 2 months and have it look like it is much more mature. There is a lot to be said about his vision, scape, and frag placement.

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations