Innovative Marine Aquariums

Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations

Christopher Marks

He's gone and done it. And I had to post here.

I've been friends with Benny for a long time. His tank(s) have been quite painful, watching as he dealt with non stop fish deaths, ICK outbreaks inspite of QT, then a case of dinos of death that killed everything over and over. I think the only thing I can't recall Benny going through is a leak or a fire. Hope I didn't speak too soon.

Anyway. We have awarded tanks with corals the honor of TOTM every single month. While Benny does have some coral, his dino problem made it impossible for him to keep the majority of species alive. He is now adding corals since the oversized UV killed the dino bastards. I'm considering his tank a FOWLR for this reason. And a first if it should win the honor.

The focus of this tank in my mind is the space and the variety of fish Benny has. It is my pleasure (to his utter surprise I bet) to nominate JedimasterBen for TOTM.

benny.jpg

benny2.jpg

Agreed. TOTM for sure. Look at that display! It's like a public aquarium

• Like 4

I agree! There's something about the new scape combined with lighting in these pictures that makes for an absolutely beautiful tank :wub:

• Like 2

He's gone and done it. And I had to post here.

I've been friends with Benny for a long time. His tank(s) have been quite painful, watching as he dealt with non stop fish deaths, ICK outbreaks inspite of QT, then a case of dinos of death that killed everything over and over. I think the only thing I can't recall Benny going through is a leak or a fire. Hope I didn't speak too soon.

Doesn't burning up Benny's PAR meter count as a fire? So he's safe :D

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

Holy bananas! I just checked in on FlowerMama's Maiden Voyage after missing it for a while. It's really filled in well.

Definitely, TOTM material!

002_zpsba77152e.jpg

• Like 4
Sk8n Reefer

At this growth rate, in 5 years this tank will have total of 1 gallon of water ;)

Well deserved nomination. Plus 1 on Sk8n tank

Hahaha- that's to funny- thanks Maniu ?
  • Like 1

It's funny now. But it won't be in 5 years ;)

In 5 years it won't be funny because he's gonna be rolling in all that dough he got selling off frags. It'll be absolutely hilarious then.

:bling:

• Like 4

At this rate........... he gonna have to pay people to take frags.

In 5 years it won't be funny because he's gonna be rolling in all that dough he got selling off frags. It'll be absolutely hilarious then.

:bling:

• Like 2

Sk8n TOTM no doubt! I've been sayin it for months, but now the tank is 1 yr should be a dead lock! :)

At this growth rate, in 5 months this tank will have total of 1 gallon of water ;)
Well deserved nomination. Plus 1 on Sk8n tank

I corrected that for you. ;)

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations