Coral Vue Hydros

thirdchild's JBJ 24G

thirdchild

Man nice nc24 :) thing is inspiring for mine that I keep almost giving up on. If you ever frag those acans I'd be happy to buy some :)

Thanks! Ha, I've nearly restarted a few times because of pest algae... and I still have pest algae. Good luck with yours.

Well I'd have tried to frag a while ago but wasn't thinking when I glued all my acans on big thick rocks. Maybe it'll be possible one day if they grow to an edge.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking tank, btw candy cane it's doing great. Keep the pictures coming. :D love your Midas, I'm trying to get one but can't find a tiny one whatever I find they are really big, hopefully today, I ask in my LFS let see what happens.

I have to say I really like this tank.

Thanks!

Great looking tank, btw candy cane it's doing great. Keep the pictures coming. :D love your Midas, I'm trying to get one but can't find a tiny one whatever I find they are really big, hopefully today, I ask in my LFS let see what happens.

Awesome. It grew pretty well for me. The midas is very entertaining so I strongly recommend them if you want a very active fish. I got mine from Vivid in the valley. Good luck on the hunt.

Looks like its coming along well!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

One more attempt at macros. I think I'm going to either sell the entire watermelon colony or frag it. It's getting too big. Plus I've got an itch to upgrade the tank this year.

20120205acans.jpg

20120205space.jpg

20120205chalice.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
May I ask what you paid for the watermelon chalice?

Boy I bought it like 1.5 years ago as a 2-3 eye frag. Cost me like $75 I think.

Grew out to what you see in the pic. I ran out of space and sold it though. Planning a upgrade.

New aquarium fund just took a big hit. Insomnia makes me do crazy things...

My new baby fungia arrived. Pics later. In the meantime, here are some pics of my favorite coral and how it's a great clown chair.

20120321sting.jpg

20120321clown.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
here are some pics of my favorite coral and how it's a great clown chair.

20120321clown.jpg

Awesome picture I love it. What kind of coral is that? Like a clown fish lazy boy :D

• 1 month later...
thirdchild
Awesome picture I love it. What kind of coral is that? Like a clown fish lazy boy :D

Ah it's the pectinia. Sorry work exploded so I haven't been following my own thread for a couple of months. haha

Anyways some updated pics...

20120531.jpg

20120531top.jpg

20120531zoa.jpg

20120531orchid.jpg

20120531sps.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well the hose going to the return into the display came loose and sprayed about 6 gallons of water into my living room. Luckily I was preparing 5g for a WC and put that in when I found the issue and applied papertowels all around.

Hope it's not a big deal for the MP10 to run dry for a little while...

• 3 weeks later...

Well taken down on 7/26/12!

Hopefully the new setup will be up and running next week. In the meanwhile everything is swimming around in a 30g plastic container.

Archived