Top Shelf Aquatics

the best nano fish

Jason7504

Yellow tail blue damsel if you want a colorful and active fish and don't mind something a little skittish with the potential to be aggressive.

Any sort of clown goby if you want something less active, but more likely to recognize and respond to you. The down side of these guys is that they tend to sit in things which can really annoy some corals, some people even have stories of clown gobies munching on very expensive corals.

Or are you looking for a selection of fish that are easy to keep with other fish in hopes of making a small community type tank? because that makes things even more complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
I would recommend a blue tang. Active and friendly!

How serious is this? Can anyone confirm?

I was under the impression that Blue Tangs aren't nano tank compatible due to their size in adulthood. In fact, I thought local fish stores won't sell a customer a Blue Tang for a nano.

tailspot-blenny.jpg

Tail spot blenny is a very entertaining fish...backs into holes in your rock, and stays out in the open.

LOVe my tailspot! great fish

How serious is this? Can anyone confirm?

I was under the impression that Blue Tangs aren't nano tank compatible due to their size in adulthood. In fact, I thought local fish stores won't sell a customer a Blue Tang for a nano.

Haha he's pulling your leg, they would need a much bigger tank

Mr. Thingdoer
the BEST personality iv seen in a fish.

Until they bite off the antennae and legs off your fire shrimp, and harrass your small gobies and blennies to death.

I would say:

1.Yellow Watchman Goby

2.Twin Spot Goby

3.Flaming Prown Goby

4.Pink Stripe Goby

5.Blue Dot Jawfich

Even though I have a Blue spot jawfish, I would not recommend one without a top on your cover. They can and will jump out when given the opportunity.

BustytheSnowMaam
Thanks! Does it say my birthday somewhere? :huh:

The fish is an undescribed Flabelligobius sp.

http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/10/20/mag...bius-hit-scene/

On the main forums page, towards the bottom, it lists all the member birthdays. I was scanning it (I think the day before yesterday?) and saw yours. :)

I'll have to keep an eye out for that goby. I have a lonely Randall's pistol right now.

• 4 years later...

Yasha goby

Helfrichi

Red Mandarin

Emerald blenny (curls up into my hand every time I'm in my tank)

Starry blenny

Barnacle bennies

Snow_Phoenix

Pictus Clown Blenny. Gorgeous, stunning fish with a lot of personality. Am awaiting for my mated pair from the LFS shipment. Could take between weeks to months before it reaches my tank, but I had the pleasure of keeping them before and they're insanely adorable. :)

Archived