inTank Media Baskets

Kennerd's latest aquisitions

kennerd

OK, here are some of the interesting new finds, and not all of them are in the nanos. My photographic abilities are far from stellar, and the lighting in each of the tanks are vastly different, so cut me some slack in advance

OK, 4" Golden Teardrop Maxima in the 65 gal. I placed in in the folds of a monster Pagoda Cup coral that's shaped like a big W. The apartment next to him is reserved for a Black/White maxima once I find it.

And a wider view. The clam has already attached as of this morning. The Pagoda doesn't seem all that happy with the new situation, but wait until the clam starts to bore in.

Now, the Montipora Danae that a local feller found and split with me pale lavender skeleton, tomato red polyps.

attachment.php?s=&postid=177777

Skylsdale: I'll take one tonight. It's a 65 gal SPS/Clam tank.

And, crappy picture, but another small rock with two varieties of red encrusting monti.....the nearer looks like a strawberry, and has widely spaced purple/blue polyps when open and has a very smooth surface. The other is more of a rusty color with rough surface.

Looks like the two colonies grew into one another, and there's a canyon right in between.

Skylsdale: Pretty amazing: since I put the montis in the tank last night, they have growth about 50%! Wow, frags for everyone!! ;)

Will keep everyone posted on growth rates: would like to get this one spread around to a bunch of the good little kiddies in Nano-Land.

Dickie: I like duck, bro, and you don't have to declare frags as receipt of payment on yur taxes.....let you know when we come up there to do a little fishing & golfing, drop by and see you.

Caj: Got one down at the garage. Racing season is over, so I can snag it back. The boys have been using it to film runs down @ the track. In terms of the shots you see, DT's are most likely to blame....

and I don't mean phyto.

LOL. Racing? What kind??

Stop crying over your maxima !!! Your spillin tears everywhere!

A Nice camera makes all the difference!!! I saw some pics of my tank taken thru over 1500$ In camera equip...Whew! I wouldn;t een agree with you if you said the pics were from my tank!

Monti Danae is nice, I saw the clear picture the other day, so I know what you're showing... . Sweet.

WOW. Just got a call from the guy that split the Danae with me and he just found one in the opposite color: red skeleton w/ blue polyps.

Hot diggity.

Skylsdale: I'm either never home when the halides are on these days, or, like today, am reminded to pop them on early, in order to take pics with the digital camera that is siting on my desk @ work. Top that off with the fact that my dinosaur laptop that I have here @ home doesn't have USB (WIN 95), I can't upload pics from here anyway.

Patience, grasshopper.

I'll dig up a few pics on the office computer. They're outdated, but then you'll have a reference point for the new ones.

Originally posted by kennerd

WOW.  Just got a call from the guy that split the Danae with me and he just found one in the opposite color: red skeleton w/ blue polyps.

Hot diggity.

Note to self:

If in LFS and there is a rare coral for a good price, do not try to bargain for a better price, even if there is a small bleached spot. Tends to #### the owner off and the tend to, in turn, throw you out of the store. Oh, and DEFINITELY don't do this when you've already called someone else to split the coral with you.

Yep, that's what this guy did. Might have to take a ride on Friday & keep it all for myself.

pics tomorrow of some interesting things. None the least of which, I found my green clown goby! He'd been living in the sump area of the 7 cube and I never saw him: too tiny. Kim noticed him today when she was looking for the green dragon wrasse that jumped back there, too. (Yeah, not reaf safe, but cool pics tomorrow.)

for pics of the 7 gal cube, pop onto the new website:

www.kennerd.com

Here are a few pics of new goodies in the 65 gal

New baby crocea (2") that looks much better housed into the pagoda:

from the front of the tank

babycrocfront.JPG

Through the top of the tank

babycroctop.JPG

New harlequin shrimp mated pair....traded a bunch of acro frags for these guys last week.

newharleys.JPGnewharleys2.JPGnewharleys3.JPG

And for Caja: the new $7 alevopora frag that's in the 7 gal cube tank:

7ALEVO.JPG

and last a pic of the new Green Dragon Wrasse that is so totally not reef-safe, and is being sold tomorrow:

Archived