Innovative Marine Aquariums

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
Beautiful! Love the look of that copper poci, so cool. :D

Exactly what I was thinking! I was expecting a rather brown coral, but it's got a lot of green throughout. I think I'll rather enjoy watching it grow. :D

And the monti looks hot, whatever the name of it is!

Exactly! I'm going to have to hunt down a name for it, once I can get a better picture to post. If all else fails, the Barrel 'O Monkeys crowd can start throwing out names. ;)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you and I are using a different setting for posts per page, because according to mine, we're already on page 40. :P

No, you are at 40 pages... 41 now. I meant you had until I read up to page 35 to post pics lol. But I only made it to the end of page 27, barely. Now to try to read the rest before they put me to work. And truthfully I just dont feel like doing anything today -_- .

Oh and BTW, NICE PICS! :D

Militant Jurist
No, you are at 40 pages... 41 now. I meant you had until I read up to page 35 to post pics lol. But I only made it to the end of page 27, barely. Now to try to read the rest before they put me to work. And truthfully I just dont feel like doing anything today -_- .

Ah ok, that make sense now. :) Hopefully it's been a fun read! After all, reading NR is much more fun than working. :happy:

Oh and BTW, NICE PICS! :D

Thanks! Once my camera is re-charged or has new batteries (I have rechargeable, but they are crap these days), I'll take some new and better photos. I really want to get an ID on the monti.

That's the mission plan! The red acro is close to the size of my green slimer, so it will be fun to see how it grows in comparison. The copper poci is pretty good sized, so it will probably be growing fraggable pieces before ya know it!

I believe that Lt. Bud has taken it upon himself to engage in diplomacy between the two sides. He still frequents West Berlin and patrols the Wall; however, he seems to enjoy going on excursions into the East. He's a rather active soldier though, and he's fun to watch!

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Chalk Bass Captains arrive. B)

Awesome! I hope that they grow and prviode you with numerous economical boost :D

YAY for Diplomacy! thanks Lt Bud for helping west and east germany come to a truece.

Militant Jurist
Awesome frags MJ ... I particularly love that monti you have there! Orange with Blue Polyps/Purple polyps?

I'm hoping to be able to tell for sure what color the polyps are once I get home tonight and the lights are fully up. Hopefully I'll have a good picture of it tonight, for an ID.

Awesome! I hope that they grow and prviode you with numerous economical boost :D

Me too! B) I'd like for my tanks to become little frag factories.

YAY for Diplomacy! thanks Lt Bud for helping west and east germany come to a truece.

I think Lt. Bud was paying attention during President Reagan's speech. :happy:

Militant Jurist
According to me, you're only on page 9.

:o

Those must be some reeaaaalllllly long pages. :mellow:

Also, I have officially become lost in the talk of battle.

Well, it's quite all right. I think that things have moved into peace talks now, so everything should be A-OK. ;)

We want to move from the conflict in the tank to the Coral Boom era. Those corals need to start makin babies!

Going back 2 pages. Bring back Tesila. Lets not open that bag o fun back up. You dont want to loose half the readers again :P

Now on to NASA. One of the main reasons that they are entertaining the single flight system again is this. Okay I know someone is gonna have this in their sig after this. But here I go. It cost $125,000+ per pound to get anything into orbit. This is the reason that they make all the astronauts go poop before they launch. Talk about a pricy poo.

This said. It is much more economical for NASA to go back to the cheeper fueled, insured, payload, and more accurate system again. Remember my prepost about them revisiting the Apolo era missions. NASA went to the shuttle system for many reasons. One to help prove that they were not wasting tax dollars by having folks be able to say they did it. Take the unreliable computerized gizmos out of the equations, and be able to do on-demand experiments when the need came up. Thus being they are more focused one defense and surveillance.

Militant Jurist
It cost $125,000+ per pound to get anything into orbit. This is the reason that they make all the astronauts go poop before they launch. Talk about a pricy poo.

:lol: :lol:

I can see Nate adding that to his sig. ;)

This said. It is much more economical for NASA to go back to the cheeper fueled, insured, payload, and more accurate system again. Remember my prepost about them revisiting the Apolo era missions. NASA went to the shuttle system for many reasons. One to help prove that they were not wasting tax dollars by having folks be able to say they did it. Take the unreliable computerized gizmos out of the equations, and be able to do on-demand experiments when the need came up. Thus being they are more focused one defense and surveillance.

Very good points. The shuttle is a great system for repetitive processes, such as ISS work, repairing Hubble, etc. However, the shuttle kept us locked within the magnetosphere of Earth, because it wasn't sufficiently shielded and didn't have the energy to break into free-space.

Going back 2 pages. Bring back Tesila. Lets not open that bag o fun back up. You dont want to loose half the readers again :P

Now on to NASA. One of the main reasons that they are entertaining the single flight system again is this. Okay I know someone is gonna have this in their sig after this. But here I go. It cost $125,000+ per pound to get anything into orbit. This is the reason that they make all the astronauts go poop before they launch. Talk about a pricy poo.

OHHHH i get it now... but... why?

also have you guys heard of the two college students that were able to use a weather balloon to get a payload of about 5Lbs to low earth orbit?

Video link.

and it only cost them $150 to do it! imagine what we could do with thermally protected weather balloon of much bigger size!

stupid NASA... but still I <3 space filight (and NASA)

:D

added your quote to my sig :D

Militant Jurist

also have you guys heard of the two college students that were able to use a weather balloon to get a payload of about 5Lbs to low earth orbit?

Video link.

and it only cost them $150 to do it! imagine what we could do with thermally protected weather balloon of much bigger size!

I think it's the cumulative effect that increases the cost. I think it goes back to physics, in that to get an object at rest to go into motion, you need to apply force. The force will vary with the size of the object, so while a 5lbs object can be put near orbit for $150, to put 500lbs in orbit, it will cost much more.

Think of it this way. To stop a bicycle, you need just a small brake pad and a little bit of force. However, to stop an automobile, you need a much larger brake pad and hydraulic force.

Called it! :happy:

i say bring back the cold war! they say that war is good for the economy....i see those damn commies coming. those freaking commie cubans... oh wait!....im a cuban. damn me. (i've been waorking too much today)

Why? Think of the time that we are in. As a nation what do WE have to gain at the moment from space or deep space exploration? Beside mining asteroids. One can easily believe that were at the dawn of a very monumential change in our lives "IE Freedome of everything" Thus our recon and defense ability are valued even more so. SOOOO if we are tossing up unmanned rockets all the time then in time the alarm of that will be dulled and the media attention will be pulled away by something else. One question have you noticed all the media hype and historical shows on the tv about the Apolo era stuff. Now lets think about this a bit. The anniversary of the Apollo mission was just this year. What time could/would be better for them NASA and any of the govt defense branches to be tucking in ALOT of defense mumbo jumbo into this novelty time. Never because the entire world is focused on the old lunar stuff. Then at the very same time NASA has been all :ninja: and has the entire globe grid mapped and lazer satellites in place. Now we have the area of space and sub-space defended by those old un-manned rockets. Oh snap. Those who dont know history are condemned to repeat it themself. Now who will have the upper hand.

Does that ans your question of why?

I think it's the cumulative effect that increases the cost. I think it goes back to physics, in that to get an object at rest to go into motion, you need to apply force. The force will vary with the size of the object, so while a 5lbs object can be put near orbit for $150, to put 500lbs in orbit, it will cost much more.

Think of it this way. To stop a bicycle, you need just a small brake pad and a little bit of force. However, to stop an automobile, you need a much larger brake pad and hydraulic force.

Called it! :happy:

I guess.... but wouldnt launching even from an aircraft (like a B-52) be more efficient and have less risk of losing the payload in the event of a catastrophic malfunction?

It was too worthy not to ;)

anyways anyone know anything about the alien on lvl 27 on Area 51? i do believe his name is J-Rod... or something like that... :P

LOL Dennis your willing to shoot yourself. Dude you need a nap man. Those flat worms are drilling into your brain.

Hey just keep remembering your a cubahationmacian :P

Why? Think of the time that we are in. As a nation what do WE have to gain at the moment from space or deep space exploration? Beside mining asteroids. One can easily believe that were at the dawn of a very monumential change in our lives "IE Freedome of everything" Thus our recon and defense ability are valued even more so. SOOOO if we are tossing up unmanned rockets all the time then in time the alarm of that will be dulled and the media attention will be pulled away by something else. One question have you noticed all the media hype and historical shows on the tv about the Apolo era stuff. Now lets think about this a bit. The anniversary of the Apollo mission was just this year. What time could/would be better for them NASA and any of the govt defense branches to be tucking in ALOT of defense mumbo jumbo into this novelty time. Never because the entire world is focused on the old lunar stuff. Then at the very same time NASA has been all :ninja: and has the entire globe grid mapped and lazer satellites in place. Now we have the area of space and sub-space defended by those old un-manned rockets. Oh snap. Those who dont know history are condemned to repeat it themself. Now who will have the upper hand.

Does that ans your question of why?

thats very conspiratorial of you... :P

yeah i guess.... but then what happened to Regans "Star Wars" proposal? has that been put into effect? :ninja:

Nope b/c NASA is not bound by the governing laws of the FAA. they do not have to release what they are doing or tossin up into the air. If you put that into any plave govt owned or not you have to have a paper trail. Paper trails can be sniffed out.

Close but no cigar. His name if A-rod. He plays baseball. :P

Thats even more conspiratorial of you! :P

i guess... they probably have a bunch of nuke filled geo-stationary satellites that could rain down death to anyone that dared oppose the US in force.....

-_-:haha:

I guess.... but wouldnt launching even from an aircraft (like a B-52) be more efficient and have less risk of losing the payload in the event of a catastrophic malfunction?

Nope b/c NASA is not bound by the governing laws of the FAA. they do not have to release what they are doing or tossin up into the air. If you put that into any plave govt owned or not you have to have a paper trail. Paper trails can be sniffed out.

anyways anyone know anything about the alien on lvl 27 on Area 51? i do believe his name is J-Rod... or something like that... :P

yeah i guess.... but then what happened to Regans "Star Wars" proposal? has that been put into effect? :ninja:

I just know 2 much. :)

Um all that Regan star wars stuff. Remember the lazer sats. Nuff said. just a simple switch of some lens and driver you got a really spensive highly painful zappo you away ray disintegration gun.

Militant Jurist
i say bring back the cold war! they say that war is good for the economy....i see those damn commies coming. those freaking commie cubans... oh wait!....im a cuban. damn me. (i've been waorking too much today)

LOL Dennis your willing to shoot yourself. Dude you need a nap man. Those flat worms are drilling into your brain.

Hey just keep remembering your a cubahationmacian :P

:lol:

I've been running into that kind of stuff a lot lately. Of course, generally it's criminal defendants trying to convict themselves on the stand. ;)

I think the commies are already being watched well enough. The group I'm the most concerned about? Canadians. I mean, them and their Mounties are given pretty much cart blanche, and our border is very open to them. Everyone seems to think the Canadians and their little "eh?" is so cool and harmless; but I'm telling you that one of these days, we're going to wake up, and the little maple leaf will be flying on the flag pole because they'll have invaded.

:P

It's because that's what the government does. Show me a politician who isn't lying or making misrepresentations and I'll show you one that isn't breathing.

The Star Wars plan is officially shelved, but unofficially, the Chinese are very concerned about it. That's why they recently started shooting down their own satellites, just to test their technology.

Um all that Regan star wars stuff. Remember the lazer sats. Nuff said. just a simple switch of some lens and driver you got a really spensive highly painful zappo you away ray disintegration gun.

Thats even more conspiratorial of you! :P

i guess... they probably have a bunch of nuke filled geo-stationary satellites that could rain down death to anyone that dared oppose the US in force.....

-_-:haha:

Militant Jurist

Plus, on top of the paper trail, flying something to then launch into orbit gets expensive too. I know it's a pretty penny just to fly a darn shuttle back from CA to FL on top of a modified Boeing.

Knowledge is good.

THATS TOTALLY AWESOME!

mes thinks we should zappy Odummy Bin Fudgeface off the face of the earth... same with that Nidal Hassan guy that killed all those poor soldiers and that one MA... :angry:

oh yeah and dont forget Al Queda... ;)

Plus, on top of the paper trail, flying something to then launch into orbit gets expensive too. I know it's a pretty penny just to fly a darn shuttle back from CA to FL on top of a modified Boeing.

true... very true..

paper trail.....why do you think us tax payers pay over $1500 for toilet seats........just a hunch.

canadians..........bomb them too like on southpark.

Archived