Innovative Marine Aquariums

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Whoa... thing is i wasnt alive when they actually made it... ;)

:P

thats a very interesting tidbit of info though! :D

TEH BONAZAS GITIN BIGGER!! WHERE AR WE GONNA PUT IT ALL?!?!?! :haha:

i love it. ;)

Nasa spent millions of dollars developing a pen that could write in space... Do you know what the Russians did? Used a pencil...

:lol:

stupid Nasa

I still <3 them thoo ;)

Ares 1X was AWESOME.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
Nasa spent millions of dollars developing a pen that could write in space... Do you know what the Russians did? Used a pencil...

That is soooo old school technology. We just can't have space equipment relying on pencils! :P

However.....

Could you imagine sharpening a pencil in space? You'd have shavings and graphite dust flying everywhere!

If I remember correctly though, it was a private guy who spent that much, and then turned around and sold them to both sides for under $10 per pen. I think I heard about this in one of my undergrad econ classes, because the guy went on to make a killing in the commercial market.

God bless American insanity/ingenuity. :happy:

TEH BONAZAS GITIN BIGGER!! WHERE AR WE GONNA PUT IT ALL?!?!?! :haha:

That's what she said.

i love it. ;)

Yup, she said that too.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! :lol: :lol:

stupid Nasa

I still <3 them thoo ;)

Ares 1X was AWESOME.

Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan. Despite their frequent screwups, they do a lot of very good research. I think that if you left the engineering and construction to private firms and left the government funding for research, it would be amazing the things we could do.

Imagine....

If space flight had been privatized a decade ago, we might have folks working right now to begin mining asteroids. How cool would that be? Even the environmentalists would have a hard time complaining about mining in the void of space. ;)

That is soooo old school technology. We just can't have space equipment relying on pencils! :P

However.....

Could you imagine sharpening a pencil in space? You'd have shavings and graphite dust flying everywhere!

If I remember correctly though, it was a private guy who spent that much, and then turned around and sold them to both sides for under $10 per pen. I think I heard about this in one of my undergrad econ classes, because the guy went on to make a killing in the commercial market.

God bless American insanity/ingenuity. :happy:

That's what she said.

Yup, she said that too.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan. Despite their frequent screwups, they do a lot of very good research. I think that if you left the engineering and construction to private firms and left the government funding for research, it would be amazing the things we could do.

Imagine....

If space flight had been privatized a decade ago, we might have folks working right now to begin mining asteroids. How cool would that be? Even the environmentalists would have a hard time complaining about mining in the void of space. ;)

God...

OH GOD... :lol: you so affable MJ! :D

i totally agree with you!

and dude...whatsup with non reusable spacecraft their developing again!?!?! so strange that they didnt make the Ares and Orion more like the space shuttle... i mean... im pretty sure it would have been way more cost effective AND the astronauts would have had more space to work with... Stupid NASA engineers. :lol:

you know there was a group of engineers at NASA that revolted against the Ares design? theres an article on in in a Pop Sci or Pop Mech issue...

Militant Jurist
God...

OH GOD... :lol: you so affable MJ! :D

i totally agree with you!

and dude...whatsup with non reusable spacecraft their developing again!?!?! so strange that they didnt make the Ares and Orion more like the space shuttle... i mean... im pretty sure it would have been way more cost effective AND the astronauts would have had more space to work with... Stupid NASA engineers. :lol:

you know there was a group of engineers at NASA that revolted against the Ares design? theres an article on in in a Pop Sci or Pop Mech issue...

Yeah, the Ares design is rather controversial. However, I think that the goal was to have fewer, but more significant flights, so the reusable factor isn't as important. The X- challenges are going to be the most likely place for the reusable craft, since that's what has a marketable value! With Ares, I think that we'll see more of an Apollo program, where we'll have a handful of missions, and then on to the next, bigger and better thing. I actually envision the next generation of NASA spacecraft being built in space. Combine the ISS with the X- reusable craft and the recent development of space elevator technology (or at least a start), and you could end up with a pretty wicked spacecraft!

Well, my brain is officially toast. Night ya'll! Don't let the bed monkeys bite! (too hard ;) )

justkidding86

I tried MJ and I can't do it. As much as I would like to know the cure for cancer I can't read your whole thread. It is to much for my tiny brain. Do you have a cliff notes version?

Yeah, the Ares design is rather controversial. However, I think that the goal was to have fewer, but more significant flights, so the reusable factor isn't as important. The X- challenges are going to be the most likely place for the reusable craft, since that's what has a marketable value! With Ares, I think that we'll see more of an Apollo program, where we'll have a handful of missions, and then on to the next, bigger and better thing. I actually envision the next generation of NASA spacecraft being built in space. Combine the ISS with the X- reusable craft and the recent development of space elevator technology (or at least a start), and you could end up with a pretty wicked spacecraft!

Well, my brain is officially toast. Night ya'll! Don't let the bed monkeys bite! (too hard ;) )

ok last post for the night.

yeah... i think more less significant missions would have been better. my mentality is that the more flight the less impact a mission gone wrong is... (apollo-13 had a lot of impact on the problem) this would give them more time to explore too... just my 2 cents ;)

Nighty nite! :D

What's all this manly talk..I'm with NRF :mellow::huh: :huh:

Let's talk about rainbows and Unicorns :)

I had that space pen....it ran outta ink and I couldn't find a refill to fit <_<

I tried MJ and I can't do it. As much as I would like to know the cure for cancer I can't read your whole thread. It is to much for my tiny brain. Do you have a cliff notes version?

no cliff notes.......but if you suck down a 5th of your favorite alcohol and watch random you tube videos, you'll get the idea.

justkidding86
no cliff notes.......but if you suck down a 5th of your favorite alcohol and watch random you tube videos, you'll get the idea.

Yea I tried that one day and somehow ended up watching two girls one cup. NEVER mix alcohol and youtube you will regret it!

Militant Jurist
What's all this manly talk..I'm with NRF :mellow::huh: :huh:

Let's talk about rainbows and Unicorns :)

I had that space pen....it ran outta ink and I couldn't find a refill to fit <_<

Hahah rainbows and unicorns, eh? I think that law school has killed that part of my brain that processes those things. :P

You'd think that a space pen, being such new age technology, would have some kind of never ending ink, right? I've got a favorite type of pen (since a pen is such an important part of my work ;) ), and despite the fact that it looks rather expensive, it's actually $5 for a 3 pack. :D

Yea I tried that one day and somehow ended up watching two girls one cup. NEVER mix alcohol and youtube you will regret it!

Yeah, I try to avoid youtube. Just pour down a 5th and go visit a single Area 51 conspiracy site, and you'll get the idea.

Oh, and there are corals and a fish in a box of water. Thought that might be a semi-important fact to add to the summary.

Militant Jurist

Holy corals!!!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

They are acclimating now, but once they are in, and I've given them lights-out time, I'll have photos! B)

Happy Veteran's Day!

Holy corals!!!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

They are acclimating now, but once they are in, and I've given them lights-out time, I'll have photos! B)

Tic toc tic toc

Militant Jurist
happy Veteran's Day everyone!

silentdrillteam.jpg

Tic toc tic toc

I just got home from dinner, so the lights just came up. Once things have a chance to get used to the lights, photos will come! The poci, monti and acro are already showing some PE. :D

OMG I almost didn't make it through page 27. I almost went stark raving mad omgomgomg:haha: !

Ok enough for the night, I will continue tomorrow. Night all.

oh oh hey! read my thread next!

lol thats a thread for next week.

Militant Jurist
:o

:unsure:

I have pictures to prove it! ;)

ok I am to page 25. You have until page 35 to post pics <_< .

I think you and I are using a different setting for posts per page, because according to mine, we're already on page 40. :P Here come the pictures!

OMG I almost didn't make it through page 27. I almost went stark raving mad omgomgomg:haha: !

Ok enough for the night, I will continue tomorrow. Night all.

lol thats a thread for next week.

This thread may cause dangerous side effects including the mind being blown and perceptions of reality altered.

;)

Ok, pictures!!!!

100_0987.jpg

100_0989.jpg

100_0990.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0993.jpg

Unfortunately, my camera was dying as I was taking the pictures, so it was a game of hurry up and shoot. Better pictures will come tomorrow night.

Militant Jurist
woohoooo!!!!!!!!

inorite? :D

So .... two of the frags (the zoa and the middle coral in the last shot) were extras tossed in. I'm not sure what kind of zoa it is, which isn't a problem because we can come up with a name. ;) As for the middle one in the last, I'm fairly sure that's a monti, and I'm guessing an encrusting monti of some kind?

I have pictures to prove it! ;)

I think you and I are using a different setting for posts per page, because according to mine, we're already on page 40. :P Here come the pictures!

This thread may cause dangerous side effects including the mind being blown and perceptions of reality altered.

;)

Ok, pictures!!!!

100_0987.jpg

100_0989.jpg

100_0990.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0993.jpg

Unfortunately, my camera was dying as I was taking the pictures, so it was a game of hurry up and shoot. Better pictures will come tomorrow night.

THOSE FRAGS LOOK AWESOME! :D

now to let them grow.

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

And Grow sumoar! :D

hows the situation in Germany?

any reports from Lt Bud?

Militant Jurist
THOSE FRAGS LOOK AWESOME! :D

now to let them grow.

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

and grow

And Grow sumoar! :D

That's the mission plan! The red acro is close to the size of my green slimer, so it will be fun to see how it grows in comparison. The copper poci is pretty good sized, so it will probably be growing fraggable pieces before ya know it!

hows the situation in Germany?

any reports from Lt Bud?

I believe that Lt. Bud has taken it upon himself to engage in diplomacy between the two sides. He still frequents West Berlin and patrols the Wall; however, he seems to enjoy going on excursions into the East. He's a rather active soldier though, and he's fun to watch!

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Chalk Bass Captains arrive. B)

Archived