Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Becact's Zeovit SPS Cadlights 39g Sig

becact

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats up Bebact! Just wonderng how the skimmer is work? I was having problems with my skimmer so I put my tunze back in but didn't like the way it was working! So now Im back to the euroreef. Do you still have the holes covered? If so do you have any pics of how you covered them. Thanks!

Thanks Nemo :) I still am not getting the polyp extension they are known for, but hopefully that will come as it matures a bit.

I also wanted to add that recently I've started seeing the feeding tentacles on the SPS. I don't think I've ever seen them before now. They look like tiny white threads about 1/4" long that come out of the SPS, and are distinct from the normal polyps.

Mine is a frag alot smaller, and has great polyp extension. Mine's in medium light, medium flow, and feed it oysterfeast every other day. But I do have another acro next to it that has terrible extension compared to the mother colony.

I typed a really long reply but lost it due to NR :angry:, so I'll just post some pics. Maybe I'll post a more detailed reply later. The tank is doing well, though. Reefman: holes still covered, removed sponge. No pics of that, sorry.

01222009-1.jpg

01222009-3.jpg

01222009-10.jpg

01222009-4.jpg

01222009-5.jpg

01222009-6.jpg

01222009-7.jpg

01222009-8.jpg

01222009-9.jpg

01222009-2.jpg

I typed a really long reply but lost it due to NR :angry:, so I'll just post some pics. Maybe I'll post a more detailed reply later. The tank is doing well, though. Reefman: holes still covered, removed sponge. No pics of that, sorry.

01222009-1.jpg

Sweet! What's that neon green acro-lookin' guy on the bottom left?

That's the green slimer. I took a closeup of it but it always overexposes for some reason. It's the brightest green in my tank, and is more vivid than the GSP, ricordea, and even the bubblegum monster.

That's the green slimer. I took a closeup of it but it always overexposes for some reason. It's the brightest green in my tank, and is more vivid than the GSP, ricordea, and even the bubblegum monster.

unbelievable!

your green slimer > my green slimer :unsure:

Haha, thanks Tim, yours will get there though with some care :).

I took a few pics of it with different settings on the camera, and this is the best one I got. The front branch is a little out of focus but the color is pretty accurate! It looks like it's glowing/fluorescent in real life, something a photo just can't capture:

01222009-11.jpg

I removed the zeo rocks from the reactor and moved my previously passive carbon in there. The reason is because I am still having TN issues (it is advancing on two pieces now). I suspect the rocks because I had a bout with RTN right after changing them out. So I guess I am no longer officially on zeovit, though I am still using their carbon source (zeostart) and phol's xtra for color and growth. If the TN situation does not change I'll stop all their products and go back to traditional reefing (and maybe add the color stuff gradually back).

Crap, I am noticing a lot more TN now on some new pieces, and the existing TN has not stopped. What do you guys think I should do? I am going to ramp down the carbon dosing over a few days and then quit it, so I guess i'm going back to a normal tank until I can figure out this TN mess. I really don't want to toss the pieces with TN, but I guess I might have to. Is it contagious?

• 2 months later...

Archived