Cultivated Reef

CruiZe's 15 gallon nano !

cruiZe

DimePieceReef

Awesome tank dude! I think you gave me some inspiration. I def want to get a frogspawn now. Fuge is cool man. Maybe I can manage a fuge like that. How difficult is it too put together. Im also thinking about upgrading my 10gal to a 15gal. Keep up with the pics!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fuge is awesome, adds water volume, stabilizes pH. Someone on this board built it for me, but companies make them too in different sizes, I just wanted a custom size one. Your 10g is looking great, take your time filling it, lots of things you can add. You DEFINATLY have enough light !! haha

Clowns will thank you for the frogspawn, it is their home

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

hey cruiZe, how many gallon's is your fuge? what do you have it loaded with for filtration? floss? macro's? LR?

do you top up daily or use an ATO?

and this thread has been sitting dormant for a long time. care to share an updated FTS? :D

hmmm, but unless I'm mistaken, that post you just linked to is from 2010. surely your tank looks differently now? more filled in?

and I'm guessing the sump is aka fuge? it's ironic that the tank is 15 gal, but the sump is 2x the capacity. LOL!!!

Wow someone posted in my tank thread! No one ever posts in my tank thread!! :D:lol:

hey cruiZe, how many gallon's is your fuge? what do you have it loaded with for filtration? floss? macro's? LR?

do you top up daily or use an ATO?

and this thread has been sitting dormant for a long time. care to share an updated FTS? :D

This thread is for my old 15g tank. It had a 6 gallon fuge behind it. HOB filter with floss. I started this tank with 13lbs of dry rock from BRS and 6lbs of live rock I brought home from the LFS in a bucket. no updated FTS... September of 2010 it started leaking and I upgraded to a 40 breeder in the basement. (look at the other tank thread too)

hmmm, but unless I'm mistaken, that post you just linked to is from 2010. surely your tank looks differently now? more filled in?

and I'm guessing the sump is aka fuge? it's ironic that the tank is 15 gal, but the sump is 2x the capacity. LOL!!!

In Sept 2010 I setup the 40 breeder with a 29g tank as a sump. Took all the LR from the 15g and used it to seed 50lbs of reef cleaners dry rock. I also re-used my sand (had to rinse it a million times) and added more sand to the bigger tank.

Archived