Pod Your Reef

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

I wrote the article and people already saw that :P I will not be accepting mysterious friend requests however :P!

Heck yes! And bugging you to tell all of your friends :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wrote the article and people already saw that :P I will not be accepting mysterious friend requests however :P!

Heck yes! And bugging you to tell all of your friends :P

Oh yeah..actually I don't think I ever got to read that article, never found the right issue of the magazine lol

of course :rolleyes:

Oh yeah..actually I don't think I ever got to read that article, never found the right issue of the magazine lol

of course :rolleyes:

Haha sorry about that :P Maybe next time I see you in Cali I will bring a copy :P

HI5!

you wrote an article? what magazine? i think i asked before..? :huh: :huh: :huh:

and the tank, this tank looks amazing. fish are so cute :3

I did ;)

Thanks! :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dunno how hardy they are, I just got it two weeks ago :lol:

My hermit crabs keep crawling on them and picking at them; I was going to take some other photos but the anemones were irritated.

AquaticEngineer
I dunno how hardy they are, I just got it two weeks ago :lol:

Looks like a green color variant of Moonglow anemone (Anthopleura artemisia)

Be careful posting newly collected specimens if you're still getting them in WA state, its been illegal to collect "unclassified" fish and invertebrates since 2010 and I hear that bored fish and game peeps like to cruise the internet on company time :lol:

Nice nems, I love that metridium :)

Looks like a green color variant of Moonglow anemone (Anthopleura artemisia)

Be careful posting newly collected specimens if you're still getting them in WA state, its been illegal to collect "unclassified" fish and invertebrates since 2010 and I hear that bored fish and game peeps like to cruise the internet on company time :lol:

Thanks! I was looking for an ID, but couldn't find examples of that color variation to aid my search!

Yeah, kind of unfortunate about that. This nem is not from WA waters though :happy:

Thanks! I was looking for an ID, but couldn't find examples of that color variation to aid my search!

Yeah, kind of unfortunate about that. This nem is not from WA waters though :happy:

The ones I've found here are more of a tan color, or a lot less green, but that Moonglow name sounds familiar

Where did you get it then? :huh:

Jacobnano
The ones I've found here are more of a tan color, or a lot less green, but that Moonglow name sounds familiar

Where did you get it then? :huh:

They are very cool anemones :)

See below :lol:

Just come on down here to Or-E-gone and get em ;) Its like the wild west of coldwater down here, lol :lol:

Already done B)

AquaticEngineer
See below :lol:

Already done B)

Where at???

I've been looking for the green color variation which is why when I saw yours I new right away what it was :D I've only been able to find the orange, pink w/silver rim, purple, and solid silver with striations in the tentacles. I wanna round out my collection ;)

Jacobnano

Well I can't tell you now :lol:!

I have another green one if you want it, its not as bright though.

AquaticEngineer
I lived in Oregon for 5-6 years. It was always raining :(

If you wanna go tide pooling in Oregon you gotta be hardcore, like a postal worker.

mailman1.jpeg

Archived