Top Shelf Aquatics

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

I am so glad you have this up now... now get some pics up and let us know what you caught!! LOL

Me too, I will I will. I may make you all guess first, then identify haha.

This tank is cool because its all from the place my dad has been going his whole life, so he likes it a lot :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well first a couple of FTS...

P1000699.jpg

P1000683.jpg

P1000685.jpg

And now some more shots and critters!

P1000684.jpg

P1000686.jpg

P1000687.jpg

P1000688.jpg

P1000689.jpg

P1000690.jpg

P1000692.jpg

P1000693.jpg

That Anemone looks bad because I have had to remove him from glass/cooler walls 2 times in one day, and some air got into a couple tentacles, he will be better soon though haha.

P1000691.jpg

P1000696.jpg

P1000698.jpg

P1000697.jpg

Feel free to ask questions are post comments haha ;)

Also, they have been in there for less than 2 hours, after a long car ride and being stuck in a little ten gallon so they are a little pissed off but they will open up later and I will get better shots in a day or two :)

Haha thanks, I like them too. There are some more there but they aren't open right now, they really add a lot of color.

I just noticed the tank is a little dusty still hmmm....

Also, how do I get a pic to show up on the gallery on the home page? I keep uploading pics but they aren't showing up....

Sorry, Can't help you there.. I haven't really uploaded anything to this site. I always upload to another and then link to it.

Ya me too, like for this whole thread I have done that, but I mean for the personal gallery thing. Hmm well I will go try again...

Haha nope, all of this stuff was tidepool/bottom of buoy stuff lol.

Yes I finally got a pic into the gallery!

Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping it looks good. It will only get better when I go back a few months from now. Ya I consider myself pretty lucky, I love my cabin :)

Thanks!

I am still waiting for the approval of other coldwater owners...and I just looked at my tank again and all the stuff is open and happy now, even though the lights are off lol, thats CW for ya....

Awesome stuff - I hope it all adjusts to tank life well. I can id everything for you if you want. Feather dusters are the only thing I'm jealous of. ;)

btw - Opalescent nudibranchs eat anemones. Your big one with air in it's tentacles (Urticina grebelnyi) should be safe, but another nem, Metridium senile (brown, lots of little tentacles) that you should watch closely.

Thanks, ya I know the names of everything except that crab with the cool pattern, I have an idea but I really don't know for sure.

Ya I know about their eating habits, and their cool nematocyst harnessing ability, I just like them too much, I will watch though...thanks :)

Well I am hopeing to get some more cool stuff when I go back later, I am thinking a bull head or two, some random fish (maybe) and if I can find them a pair of catalina gobies. Unless I can just buy two and they won't kill each other...

Haha no, I knew that sounded weird. I plan on buying a pair or two (as in just two of them, not a pair but two from live aquaria or something) if they won't kill each other.

Looks dope.

But aren't you not supposed to take anything from the ocean? Isn't it not only the law but the point of the hobby, to put a dent in wild culturing?

Looks dope.

But aren't you not supposed to take anything from the ocean? Isn't it not only the law but the point of the hobby, to put a dent in wild culturing?

True, but you are also dealing with non tropical ocean life, where can you buy that stuff? I'm sure it's not in any real danger of over collection, polution is more of a threat. It probably is illegal however, i know you aren't supposed to have native freshwater fish in tanks here.

True, this may sound incorrect but technically we own the tidelands and anything on them, even including eelgrass. We are actually Working with UW and trying to conserve the native populations. Believe me what we are doing to help outweighs whatever unmeasurable dent taking a few nems (talk to Jamie, they are everywhere, almost a nuisance the white ones are) and other critters.

There are only a few sites that I know of that sell stuff for CW, and whenever I check them they always seem out of stock.

Haha it actually looks pretty good,and I have extra stuff, just in case a friend wants to start one up. I will post updated pics soon.

Really Mirage I didn't know that. I always thought a little pumpkin seed bluegill in a tank would be awesome.

Archived