SaltCritters.com

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes over 3,000 posts. I am awesome. I am surprised no one with a coldwater tank has commented yet *cough Lani cough*

I forgot to add that in the first pics there aren't any holes drilled in the plastic below the grates. Well the flow was high that was coming from the pump than what was going over the overflow. So I drilled some holes and now my tank won't flood my room.

Also, I am really impressed with the chiller, it can chill my water below 55 and my tank doesn't have and sand rock or other forms of insulation. Thanks Rehype for the chiller!

You should have seen greenlake when it hit 100 omgomgomg Also I've seen the "Entering Seattle" sign on I5 vandalized with "NO VACANCY" a couple times now lol. But seriously I'm ready for that huge earthquake right about now to cull the herd a little :P

Nice tank looking forward to seeing what you find to stock it. I say go out there with an underwater flashlight, a snorkel and a wetsuit at like midnight, rowboats are for pansies :)

Haha its cold, don't get me wrong it would be awesome. I want to swim with my shark friends that seem to love me.

We will see...

You should have seen greenlake when it hit 100 omgomgomg Also I've seen the "Entering Seattle" sign on I5 vandalized with "NO VACANCY" a couple times now lol. But seriously I'm ready for that huge earthquake right about now to cull the herd a little :P

Nice tank looking forward to seeing what you find to stock it. I say go out there with an underwater flashlight, a snorkel and a wetsuit at like midnight, rowboats are for pansies :)

I used to swim in greenlake all the time back in the day :( Most disgusting lake i remember from that side was lake Cassidy<sp>. kinda random and off topic but hey....

The water in greenlake isn't all that bad, I don't really mind swimming in it but I'm not so sure about all the dudes fishing it. Plus I have a brown tinted pair of sunglasses that turn its slight green tinge into an awesome caribbean blue B) The issue is you can barely see the water through all the people in and around it.

Nastiest lakes I know of are Lake Wilderness and Pipe Lake near my parents house in Maple Valley. Wilderness is snaily and slimy and one summer I was at my buddies house on Pipe Lake almost every day and then they found a 3 month old body in there at the end of the summer :eek:. good times.

Ehh I am good. It will be my Aquarium so members aquariums is fine with me.

I thought you were gonna comment, but no just doing your moderating job :(

I won't be.

All your livestock are belong to me.

Haha!

God my tank is depressing me so much lately.

I think I might just grow 'shrooms and leave it be.

Haha get a saltwater tank and it will make you feel better.

"all your livestock are belong to me" hilarious haha

You tank will get better I am sure of it ;)

Haha waiting for the water to clear up. Just so no one gets their hopes up, I only have one little fish, I plan on getting a pair of catalina gobies, and a surf perch (if I can find one). Also, didn't want to overstock my tank just yet, I want it to stabilize first.

Nope didn't see one. My dads only ever caught one (hasn't tried a ton of times) but hes been going there for over 50 years lol.

I did get a sucker fish though if that counts :)

The pics are uploading right now by the way. And now its "story" time...

It was a really fun trip, just thought I would share that right off the bat. The set-up I had up there (for holding all of the stuff I found) was a ten gallon with no filter no light, nothin. I did water changes about ever hour (The cabin is literally right on the water) to keep the temp down and keep toxic stuff from building up. It had been going good for a while, then one day I caught a ton of bull heads. They were all under an inch long but still waaaay too many for the little ten gallon to handle. I hoped it might now happen but during the night (I am asleep so I can't do water changes etc.) I basically had a tank crash. I lost all of my bull heads, my cool yellow sucker fish (my living one is brownish) and a bunch of other really awesome stuff, which included my uber awesome blue porcelain crab and all of my other porcelain crabs (red) which was a bummer. I also lost one of my opalescent nudis (look em up they are effing awesome). I still have one of them left because I miraculously found two. I also found two other cool nudis (one was dead and one was on its way to death when I found it, just to make myself clear) they had been beaten up a bit by waves but the rare one was called a hooded nudibranch (they are on of the only swimming nudis there are, LOOK THEM UP) and this other white and orange one of which the name escapes me. There is also some other cool things that I will describe (by request haha;)) in the pics to come.

As for other happenings, we checked out some old abandoned house (Bill Gates senior keeps buying out all of the land around our cabin and just leaves it lol) that had been taken over by otters. Drove the boat around, caught a ton of fish (probably over 30) which was fun, fed the eagles, flipped over rocks finding stuff etc.

I feel I should add more but whatever, the pics are almost finished.

Archived