Top Shelf Aquatics

Simple's 12" Contest Cube of Economical Awesomeness!

simplenough

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being that this is my first nano I had a question for you since I saw that you are going with 150 MH lighting. Do you thing this is too much light for this tank or are you going to raise it pretty high off the surface? Thanks

For some corals it might be too much; but i'm planning on keeping mostly sps, and i'll have some shaded areas for other corals, like rics, and some lps. I don't planning on keeping the light too high off, just a few inches.

Do you think evaporation is going to be a problem?

I have a 150w on my 12g and can barely keep up w/ it!

I am going to build a diy ATO, so im not too worried about evap.

And thank you very much PoopCola, i sure hope you're right ;)

bluefunelement

Antec fans are great! I picked up the spotcool model for my 24nc with viper 150 and it's a godsend!!! Multispeed and with blue moon lights - only problem is it's too effective and can't be kept on at night or it'll cool the tank down too much - do you plan to point yours across the water or just exhaust the MH with it?

CallMeDrLove
I am going to build a diy ATO, so im not too worried about evap.

And thank you very much PoopCola, i sure hope you're right ;)

What are you plans for your ATO, if you don't mind sharing?

Antec fans are great! I picked up the spotcool model for my 24nc with viper 150 and it's a godsend!!! Multispeed and with blue moon lights - only problem is it's too effective and can't be kept on at night or it'll cool the tank down too much - do you plan to point yours across the water or just exhaust the MH with it?

hopefully i can get away with just pointing it at the halide, but if the water temp. is still too high then i'll point it across the water surface.

As far as the diy ato. I haven't really thought about it. I have an extra float switch laying around so i figured i could set that up in one of the back compartments and have a gravity fed ATO..

Nemo Niblets
hopefully i can get away with just pointing it at the halide, but if the water temp. is still too high then i'll point it across the water surface.

As far as the diy ato. I haven't really thought about it. I have an extra float switch laying around so i figured i could set that up in one of the back compartments and have a gravity fed ATO..

I wish I could do cheap DIY stuff but I'm not very good at that stuff :rant:

pismo_reefer
I wish I could do cheap DIY stuff but I'm not very good at that stuff :rant:

its because your not trying hard enuf....

:D

Looking like this is going to be a rad tank. I dig the neon gobies! And I second Maria's motion on getting a pompom crab. I had one in my NC12 and it was so cool to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bluefunelement

So have you tried the fan temp input mod? I am going to pick up this model and try to move it closer or aim it so that it spins up just as the temp raises midday. According to this graph if the hood gets 100F the fan will still only be running at 3/4 speed which means quiet. My spot cool is only on 1/2 speed pointing at a MH so this should be fine.... Let me know what you do with yours...

Antec temp-controlled fan

ok i figured i might as well buy myself another two weeks to get started on this thing..if i ever do..

.....ok so much for that..my computer is acting up and for some reason i cant upload the photo.

Here is a link to it, hopefully it works, and if anything copy and paste it into the search bar...sorry but kinda need to finish some college essays so this is the best i could do.

picture

Edit: sorry about that, forgot to put the url, but the hyper link works on my computer..

let me know if it works now.

http://sn118w.snt118.mail.live.com/att/Get...C144CBA6A5C80||

ok i figured i might as well buy myself another two weeks to get started on this thing..if i ever do..

.....ok so much for that..my computer is acting up and for some reason i cant upload the photo.

Here is a link to it, hopefully it works, and if anything copy and paste it into the search bar...sorry but kinda need to finish some college essays so this is the best i could do.

picture

Edit: sorry about that, forgot to put the url, but the hyper link works on my computer..

let me know if it works now.

http://sn118w.snt118.mail.live.com/att/Get...C144CBA6A5C80||

Both links point to a hotmail account.

I did not see that you tried to post a pic (the reason I want pix on post #1)

You are still in! try again.

You will be penalized $10 from your build

Archived